SuperCiv mod: addition of different civilizations

kandalf said:
Also, do you have to include texas and pennsylvania? I find them a disruption of the "theme" of civ4.

well, at least Texas was a sovereign nation.. Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Alaska can make no such claim.. though I have no problem with any of them, I personally would never play the Texas mod.. and thought maybe it should be set so the AI cannot choose it to disrupt play.. as the Pennsylvania mod was setup (very nicely, I might add)

You could say the same about Quebec as well.. the problem is everyone sees different things as fitting to the "theme" or legitimacy.. and the great thing about Civilization 4 is if you don't like it, you can make your own mod.. never has a game been easier to mod, in my opinion

Up to you, I guess.. but Boru was by far the most famous of Irish kings, so there'd really be no replacing him. I didn't want to have to use him since you already had, but as I said, there's no one (aside from Brian, Edward Bruce, and Niall of the Nine Hostages) that anyone outside of Ireland has even heard of.

kandalf said:
What about
Italy
Korea
Mayans
Poland
Polynesia
Tibet
Wales
Yugoslavia

Are they going to be in a later release?

sing with me...."don't worry!! be happy!!"

of course i will, however, some of these mods are more completed than some others (LH design, flag solutions)

the only one i won't add is Italy since it just replace the existing Roman

Also, do you have to include texas and pennsylvania? I find them a disruption of the "theme" of civ4.

you can prevent them for being choosed by the AI (another things to do, explain how to disable some civ)
However, since this is a gathering mod, there won't be civ that won't be included (apart from some like italy that replace rome, the lovecraft one, or the firaxians...the main list in the sticky thread are the one that i will include)

about Brian Boru, i'm gonna try to see if you can include him twice in a game (like you play as the celt and can meet him as the Irish), or if you can meet him only once.
if it cause some game problems, i will...well, i don't know yet!!!:(

LAnkou said:
sing with me...."don't worry!! be happy!!"

of course i will, however, some of these mods are more completed than some others (LH design, flag solutions)

the only one i won't add is Italy since it just replace the existing Roman

you can prevent them for being choosed by the AI (another things to do, explain how to disable some civ)
However, since this is a gathering mod, there won't be civ that won't be included (apart from some like italy that replace rome, the lovecraft one, or the firaxians...the main list in the sticky thread are the one that i will include)

about Brian Boru, i'm gonna try to see if you can include him twice in a game (like you play as the celt and can meet him as the Irish), or if you can meet him only once.
if it cause some game problems, i will...well, i don't know yet!!!:(
I don't see why not. I recall being able to have multiple AI's using the same leader. Then again, even if you can't, you could always just rename one of them in the XML from Brian_Boru to Brian_Boru2 or something. So far I've noticed that anything is possible ;)

I agree with Kandalf, take out the states and put them in a Mod about Alternate US history or the like. :goodjob:

And why not separate mods for different regions ie: europe / middle east /asia / africa / etc., so that players could see how that region might be changed in "What If" mode.

Instead of the ever growing "Super Mod", let's just have one super mod for the major powers and then mods for each of the regions. Also possibly to have era mods for when those other Minor powers where the Major factors. :worship:

All that as a reasonable compromise until either: Firaxis or some programer comes up with a method to simply and easily add civ's and other mods together. :drool: :worship:

Just an idea, so instead of trying to keep expanding your super mod, lets try comprmise. :lol:

Also size might become factor soon, with an ever increasing numbers of civ's coming out. Can you see downloads in hundreds of MB. :eek: AND THEN Firaxis puts out a NEW patch that means everything must be corrected or changed to get the Super Mod to work. :aargh: :rotfl: :suicide:

Better you than me. :salute:

I stick by the understanding that LAnkou has the right to choose what mods are included and what mods are unincluded.

I believe that SuperCiv is an excellent project.
However, later on when we have sooo many Civilizations, it might be better to break them down into smaller packs along with the massive SuperCiv pack. So you could choose if you wanted all the civs, or just European Civs, or American State civs, Fantasy civs, ect.

Sadistik said:
Up to you, I guess.. but Boru was by far the most famous of Irish kings, so there'd really be no replacing him. I didn't want to have to use him since you already had, but as I said, there's no one (aside from Brian, Edward Bruce, and Niall of the Nine Hostages) that anyone outside of Ireland has even heard of.

While I agree that Brian Boru is the most famous of the Irish Kings, I disagree that there haven't been other Irish leaders that those outside of Ireland haven't heard of. Perhaps, you can move into more recent times for Eamon de Valera, Michael Collins, or Padraic Pearse? To the extent you want to use a static leaderhead, it shouldn't be too hard to download some portrait of de Valera or Collins (there was even a major movie about him starring Liam Neeson).

LAnkou,

First, let me say that this is hands down the best mod for Civ 4. I too enjoy playing with all the different "realistic" civilizations that are included in your mod (I'm not hip on Curt Shilling being Alaska, but that is my issue, and I changed him to James Seward who brokered the US purchase of Alaska), and am very grateful that you are taking the wonderful work done by many and making this the "must have" mod for Civ 4.

For what it is worth, (and it isn't much since it is your mod), but I think you should do what you want to do, and not worry about the people saying they want it "slimmed down", or without states, etc. It is your's; you should do what you want with it, don't let any of us unduly influence your work.

Keep up the good work, I (and many other civvers that don't always crash the boards) REALLY appreciate it.

I hope one day I see you in multiplayer, so I can "crush your worthless civilization" :)

g

ggalindo001 said:
LAnkou,

First, let me say that this is hands down the best mod for Civ 4. I too enjoy playing with all the different "realistic" civilizations that are included in your mod (I'm not hip on Curt Shilling being Alaska, but that is my issue, and I changed him to James Seward who brokered the US purchase of Alaska), and am very grateful that you are taking the wonderful work done by many and making this the "must have" mod for Civ 4.

thanks a lot
For what it is worth, (and it isn't much since it is your mod), but I think you should do what you want to do, and not worry about the people saying they want it "slimmed down", or without states, etc. It is your's; you should do what you want with it, don't let any of us unduly influence your work.

Keep up the good work, I (and many other civvers that don't always crash the boards) REALLY appreciate it.

well, i know i'm Superciv god (mouah ah ah ah, insane moment of pride), however, i like to hear people opinions because, all modders will tell you that, i mod not only for me (i wouldn't have to upload this 70MB+ files for the third time #&%+ing hosting website that doesn't work!!!) but for other people to and i really like to have some feedback. The "Brian Boru case" is typical...if it was just me, i would get rid of the irish one, since i prefer to have him in my mods, but i hope people to enjoy the mod and i wonder what i should do!!

On the opposite, this mod have some "home rules and goals" that define what i include or not: all civs of existing nations, states, part of the world without regarding them as valuable or not (i just check the level of advancement of the mod before including it, that's why some interresting civ are left aside at the moment)

I hope one day I see you in multiplayer, so I can "crush your worthless civilization" :)

Don't you remember, i have 30 worthless civilizations that will unite to crush yours...:lol:

Do you still have to install the first version before 1.04? If so where is the link to download it?

Anyone have a mirror site? Download link not working. :(

Thanks for merging all the civs. I hope I get a chance to download this. Looks awesome!

JBearIt said:
While I agree that Brian Boru is the most famous of the Irish Kings, I disagree that there haven't been other Irish leaders that those outside of Ireland haven't heard of. Perhaps, you can move into more recent times for Eamon de Valera, Michael Collins, or Padraic Pearse? To the extent you want to use a static leaderhead, it shouldn't be too hard to download some portrait of de Valera or Collins (there was even a major movie about him starring Liam Neeson).

Adding Irish Republican leaders causes a sectarian divide. That would be like having Cromwell.

LateNiteAdvisor said:
Anyone have a mirror site? Download link not working. :(

Thanks for merging all the civs. I hope I get a chance to download this. Looks awesome!

it works...just click on "click here to download file"

Jecrell said:
I stick by the understanding that LAnkou has the right to choose what mods are included and what mods are unincluded.

Exactly.

If people don't want 'Civ X' included, simply edit the XML to disable them. It's quite an easy thing to do.

Merging many, many files - including graphics and TXT files, and getting them to work properly - is a huge undertaking that LAnkou is basically doing alone. So I think he's earned the right to include whatever he so chooses.

Problem i can't download the 1.04 :(

Too busy ?

Too many downloads ?

Thank you because i'm really not tempted by your mod ! :goodjob:

I'm gonna have to look at these mod files -- 75 megs is a rediculous amount of megs for this kind of mod. 10-12 tops would make sense.

Top Bottom