Support Unit Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battering Ram 29
Military Engineer (3-3)=0 Eliminated! Not as useful as the other three.
Observation Balloon - 27
Siege Tower - (14+1)=15 I think it's pretty useful for sieges.

Battering Ram 29 -3 = 26 Since it's not the most useful support unit (see below) it gets a down vote to get back in the right place.
Observation Balloon - 27 +1 = 28 Most useful support unit (+1 range)
Siege Tower - 15

Battering Ram 26+1+27 (objectively the best support unit)
Observation Balloon 28-3+25 (In single player this is just a crutch to make it easier for incompetent war mongers)
Siege Tower 15

Battering Ram 27+1 = 28 The early game is when it is most important to take cities, they are easy to tech to and not all that painful to build. It is also the most important time for a player to begin snowballing, and badly-timed city walls can really stop your momentum in the early game (and not in other eras).

Observation Balloon 25-3 = 22 There are air units in this game?

Siege Tower 15

Battering Ram 28+1=29 - Very useful and you have it in early game.
Observation Balloon 22-3=19 - It's good, but not as good as the other two options.
Siege Tower 15

Battering Ram 30 = 29 + 1 Ramming speed
Observation Balloon 19
Siege Tower 12 = 15 - 3 I find the battering ram more useful

Battering Ram 30
Observation Balloon 19 +1 = 20 I find +1 range to siege weapons most useful to destroying the enemy units & bombarding cities with minimum damage on the AIs turn.
Siege Tower 12 - 3 = 9 Probably even less useful to taking cities with less damage than the Battery Ram.

Battering Ram 27 (30-3) I never build them
Observation Balloon 20
Siege Tower 10 (9+1) always build one and use him till the end

Battering Ram 27 - 3 = 24 never needed them.
Observation Balloon 20 + 1 = 21 the +1 range for your siege units are excellent.
Siege Tower 10

Battering Ram 24 +1 = 25 Very helpful, although I dislike the fact that you can use them along with infantry in modern age. That's silly.
Observation Balloon 21 - 3 = 18 I've never used them, didn't feel I needed them.
Siege Tower 10

Battering Ram = 25-3 = 22 I prefer Siege Towers - but i understand others flipped opinion on this
Observation Balloon = 18
Siege Tower = 10+1 = 11 I prefer these to Battering Rams - skip the walls, just take the city

Battering Ram = 22+1=23 - Comes earliest and is very useful.
Observation Balloon = 18-3=15 - It's just not as good as the other two options.
Siege Tower = 11

Battering Ram = 23
Observation Balloon = 15+1=16 : Safest, most reliable, and most convenient option when you get it.
Siege Tower = 11-3=8 : It's faster if you have an overwhelming advantage, but the ram is better when more evenly matched.

Battering Ram 23-3=20 I only use in first few eras
Observation Ballon 16
Siege Tower 8+1=9 superior I would say from cavalry all the way to modern armour, where 70%+ of city conquering happens

Battering Ram 20
Observation Balloon 16 + 1 = 17 Using bombard & ranged to kill walls / defenses and > 75% of the hit points before moving in with melee units is safest, and this directly supports it. In addition, this is the only one of the three that can be used to kill enemy units.
Siege Tower 9 -3 = 6 Less useful that Battering Ram because the city HP heal each turn unlike defenses.

Battering Ram - 21 (20+1) The most useful
Observation Balloon - 17
Siege Tower - 3 (6-3) Not that it's bad, but I would rather use the Battering Ram that is available sooner.

Battering Ram - 22 - 3 = 19 I use the Balloon more then this one.
Observation Balloon - 17 + 1 = 18 I use this one more than the Ram.

Battering Ram - 20 (19+1) comes around earlier, when I do more conquering
Observation Balloon - 15 (18-3) a useful unit, without doubt.

Battering Ram - 20+1=21 - Because it comes way sooner than Observation Ballon.
Observation Balloon - 15-3=12 - Because it comes way later than Battering Ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom