Sweetest spot for a city

LLXerxes

Space Travel is Boring
I was playing RoN, as France, huge map, blah blah blah...
I had many cities, and ws deciding where to put the next.
had the Terra Cotta army which was producing Musketmen every 30 seconds, and a miltary stronghold (forts, towers, barracks, stables, siege factories) in the middle of the map.
Then, I decided to build a secret city incase my others were taken.
I build ilitary improvements and everything there.
ANd it's hidden in the trees, where nobody has explored yet
Check it out!

What do you think? :goodjob:

Pretty nice placing :D , but you should increase your oil income, it's very low...how can you even manage with so low oil income?

-Gladiator- said:
Pretty nice placing :D , but you should increase your oil income, it's very low...how can you even manage with so low oil income?
Actually, I just entered the industrial age (so I''m 1 age aead of everybody else :D) and have ony set up like, 2 oil wells. Plus, there's like, almost no oil in my territory, and attrition+everybody declaring war on me means I can't do it anywhere else (except for my ally the Bantu's land)

What color are the bantu? Red? And does White have an ally because they appear weak... And how are you going to get those military units out of there? Could you garrison them in the City and then get them out that way?

Sargon of Agade said:
What color are the bantu? Red? And does White have an ally because they appear weak... And how are you going to get those military units out of there? Could you garrison them in the City and then get them out that way?
Bantu are indeed red. ANd white is Wu Di of the chinese ( I declared war on them once)
I remember gettting those troops out of tehre somehow cause I used that city as a city for pumping out units for my war vs the greeks

LLXerxes said:
Actually, I just entered the industrial age (so I''m 1 age aead of everybody else :D) and have ony set up like, 2 oil wells. Plus, there's like, almost no oil in my territory, and attrition+everybody declaring war on me means I can't do it anywhere else (except for my ally the Bantu's land)
When I get into the industrial age, I have like +200. Still not bad placement.

But if you had a huge army why did you make that city incase the others were captured?

Nice. Good luck finding you...

Cool! It really does look like a cold map with the snow, but I was talking about the :cool: kind. Also looks crowded there. But, they take all your cities, or so they thought... :evil:

Sweet spot. But really, why did you make that city if you had a fortress in the middle of the map with which you could attack anyone? It looks to me like you panicked for a millisecond, and the idea got stuck in you head. Still, I would have done the same thing.

LLXerxes said:
Then, I decided to build a secret city incase my others were taken.

Don't worry about that. In my experiance they always send in only a few troops (out of a giant army) and can't get past your first castle. Then, when I send in my army (A real army) their cities are a SEA of Barrackses, factories, and auto plants!!!! They mass produce units, and kill me right away, and I can't destroy all their military buildings IT"S SOOO ANOYING!!!! It completely destroyes any chance of a good invasion before modern age when I have bomers, and they usually build AA. That's why I stick to playing scenarios and CTW. ;)

Too bad you can't build walls in RON, I'd wall it off around there accept for a gate and build towers at the walls and in the clearences.

(applause of exellent stra-tea-gery)

:crazyeye: i just spam infantry waves on the enemy, its the best tactic :goodjob:

Top Bottom