Symbols of the World: flags & buttons for new civs

new pack some time soon. Until then, have fun guessing the new additions and filling in the blanks (it's in alphabetical order).

Happy New Year! :)

Looks good, I'll be awaiting their arrival :thumbsup:

Very Well done. The Polish Flag is awesome! (and i'm a pole, i should know ;) )

i do have 1 request though, i was thinking of Venezuela lead by Simon Bolivar. I'm thinking of adding a South American Expansion Pack after my Europe one.

Thanks for the great feedback and suggestions. Here's a sample of v.2 content just to let you know I'm actually working on it. The blank spaces will eventually all be filled in to give you 44 new flags (not including v.1 content). Ofcourse, all the requests from this thread will be included amongst them.

Expect the new pack some time soon. Until then, have fun guessing the new additions and filling in the blanks (it's in alphabetical order).

Happy New Year! :)

Really nice !

What is the blue fleur de lys just before France flag ? It really look like the Quebec Flag, but this won't fit the alphabetical order.

EDIT : You now have a lot of cross symbol, maybe you can change the england St Goerge's cross with an other english symbol.

Like the Lion(s) of the Coat of Arms:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_England (probably the one that will be reconized the most)

Or the Tudor Rose of England
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudor_rose (would be nice because you already have a lot of cross and some symbol that look like the lion, but no one lool like the rose)

Wow, you are really good! :goodjob:
Looks just as good as firaxis if not better.

I may have some requests later. :p

could you please make one of somalia there is already a civ for it but the flage isn't that it good.
here are some somali related symbols
there is the dragons blood tree that is common in somalia and the islands of the coast http://rbg-web2.rbge.org.uk/Soqotra/spectacular/images/dracaena_cinnabari.jpg
here is a very common gazelle to the country

The Hamadryas or Sacred Babboon another iconic somali animal

My favorite by far is the Cyclamen a common indigenous flower to Somalia with a unique shape.

There already is a somalian flag in civ, unfortunately it is used for the american civ ;)

EDIT: and you cannot use the old flag either as that is too close to the japanese.

Maybe base it on the emblem ?

yeah but these flags aren't reall based on current modern flags they are based on cultural and national symbols
after looking at all of these symbols i would say that the cyclamen, the gazelle or a crow is the most apropriate symbol for somalia.
Maybe base it on the emblem ?
Thats a crow on the emblem
EDIT: The Somalis used to worship a crow-god before islam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waaq

It would have to be the 3 lions though, the single one is awfully close to the Bulgarian one which already is in the pack.

Actually the one in the pack is the english one and not the bulgarian one, at least if wikipedia is to be believed ;)

These are really good!

I think you should have a go at re-doing the standard ones, after the 2.0 selection. For example, compare the French fleur-de-lis to your one next to it! Yours is much better! ;)

Also, a small request. You've done ones for Scotland, Ireland & Wales, but could you do a generic one for the UK? I don't know what to put on it to keep it bi-colour, as the Union Flag seems the best, but I am sure you can think of something!

Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

P.S. First Post! Wooo! :D

Awesome Flags and buttons! :goodjob:
I like the Hittite one and the one of the Aborigines the most. :)
The Austrian is also well done, but this eagle is only the coat of arms of Vienna (and as I'm a carinthian, I don't like this fact very much). For Austria I think a simple red-white-red-flag would be enough like you made for scotland only the simple but good andrews-cross.
Here some requests:
Cherokee
Iroquois
Serbia
Ukraine
Benin

Thank you so much for the great feedback, suggestions and requests. Sorry for the slow progress, I've been quite busy and have a few other priorities at the moment.

Yah what happened? I need on for my italy mod! :p i already made one, but Yenemus, yours are so much better! :goodjob:

How do I install?

Expect the new pack some time soon. Until then, have fun guessing the new additions and filling in the blanks (it's in alphabetical order).

Well, 'sometime soon' sure passed by now, how is the pack coming along ?

Top Bottom