T-class submarine

The_Coyote

Emperor

Attachments

• demo.jpg
    demo.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 784
Excellent... very good work!

Very nice! Realistic and a good texture. What will your next one be? An Italian or French sub perhaps?

If you ever try your hand at large ships, the Béarn carrier is still undone. ;)

making subs, no must add my stuff to the database, if i only hadn´t been so productive :crazyeye:

both is planed, french and italian and then to finish the first round another VII (simply because GM made the two Anti-Air MG tower, but when i think at a type VII sub i have the film "Das Boot" in my head and that had the older tower)

both is planed, french and italian and then to finish the first round another VII (simply because GM made the two Anti-Air MG tower, but when i think at a type VII sub i have the film "Das Boot" in my head and that had the older tower)
Yes... a new Type-VIIC... and GM's is missing an 88' on the deck!

Elegant... yet deadly...

Majestic...

Nice Coyote.. will for sure find its way into my mod.. have you though about maybe make a japanese mini sub like the ones they used against peal habor...
Those midget submarines weren't very effective. Five were used against Pearl Harbor, and all five were lost.
If you're talking about the suicide torpedoes, or Kaiten, those were even less effective. They only scored two kills, the tanker USS Mississinewa on November 20, 1944, and the USS Underhill on July 24, 1945. These were both by Type 1 Kaiten, was based off the Type 93 torpedo, and the Type 93 was more effective shot for shot.

You are partwise right they werent that effective in the overall war.. but they had alot of them in service.. and its not true that they didnt sink any ships at Peal Habor they got a few of the ships trying to escape the bombing.. dont know the numbers of confermed kills.. dont know dont know if anybody knows.. my info comes from a series revealing the facts of WW2 on Discorvery Civillization and after wards Google.. Didnt know any thing about those midget subs before that...

its not true that they didnt sink any ships at Peal Habor they got a few of the ships trying to escape the bombing.. dont know the numbers of confermed kills.. dont know dont know if anybody knows.. my info comes from a series revealing the facts of WW2 on Discorvery Civillization and after wards Google.. Didnt know any thing about those midget subs before that...
That's simply not true... the Pearl Harbor raid is one of the best-documented military events in history... Five of these boats participated in the Pearl Harbor attack, with one actually making it into the harbor. Of the five used at Pearl Harbor, one was sank by the USS Ward before the attack, nearly alerting the entire island to the impending attack; HA-19 was captured (first Japanese POW in US custody), and the other three sank or were lost, and none of them sank anything.

The mini-subs at Pearl Harbor were much more of a liability then an asset to Japan... they nearly blew the whole mission.

and the other three sank or were lost, and none of them sank anything.
Two of the midget submarines have not been found, including the one attributed to the USS Ward. There has been speculation, based on photography from the attack, that the last submarine yet to be found was in place off "Battleship Row" as the Japanese torpedo planes came in, and may have fired its torpedoes at USS Oklahoma (BB-37) or USS West Virginia (BB-48). This contention is still controversial, but, if it is true, one Type A midget submarine may lie undiscovered inside Pearl Harbor. However, there is no evidence to support this and it remains extremely unlikely to be true. The Navy commander at the base prior to the attack was an old school type, and when told that there may be a Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was expecting some kind of amphibian and submarine threat, so that's exactly what most of his defensive measures were designed to counter.

Two of the midget submarines have not been found, including the one attributed to the USS Ward.
Sorry... but that's just not true either... they've been found...

Search

The search for the Japanese midget sub has been ongoing for 61 years since it was first sunk. In its latest phase, the Hawai‘i Undersea Research Lab has conducted towed side scan sonar surveys of the debris fields off Pearl Harbor. At the end of World War II, obsolete war material was dumped in 1,000-3,000 feet of water several miles off Pearl Harbor. This included: landing craft, tanks, old aircraft, trucks, barges, small ships, fuel tanks etc. There are on the order of 1,000 significant sonar targets in the area. Sorting through these various targets to identify the most promising ones to dive on as a submersible pilot training exercise has been the work of many years. The Japanese midget submarine although giving a very clear return on the side scan survey was interspersed with other debris on the bottom complicating the search efforts.

Findings

The Japanese midget submarine was found in 400 m of water about five miles off the mouth of Pearl Harbor. As it is an historically significant military vessel and (per agreement with the government of Japan) a property of the U.S. federal government, its exact location is being protected by the U.S. State Department and heritage resource management agencies. The submarine sits upright on the bottom and is in amazingly good condition as shown in the photos. Both torpedoes are still in place. The submarine has no apparent depth charge damage but does have shell damage on both sides of the conning tower. The port side of the conning tower exhibits what one analyst has identified as shrapnel holes. This would presumably have come from the first shell fired by the USS Ward which exploded near the submarine but did not directly hit it. The starboard side of the conning tower shows a hole from the 4 inch shell fired by the side gun on the Ward as the ship steamed past. Apparently, this shell did not explode on impact as the midget sub conning tower is clearly still in place. While four depth charges were dropped directly on the midget as the Ward passed by, the charges were set to go off at a depth of 100 feet and the submarine was at the surface. The pressure wave created by the 4 depth charges was sufficient to fully lift the 46 ton, 78 foot midget out of the water, but did no visually apparent structural damage. The midget sub sank from flooding through the four inch shell hole.

I used to live in Hawaii at Hickam AFB... so everything relating to that attack is a bit of a hobby of mine... I like to keep up-to-date.

Yeah proberly so was the info they used in the series on discovery.. that sounded much like what Xonomorph sayd.. or maybe I was mistaken a teory for a fact or something...
There's always conspiracy theories with everything... one of them is that one of the subs made it in and fired torpedoes at Battleship row at the same time as the air raid (and pictures to prove it!)... but the pictures are really bad, don't actually show a sub or much of anything, and even the craziest Jap submariner wouldn't be in Pearl Harbor at the same time the Jap aircraft were dropping bombs and torpedoes in the harbor.

The two most conclusive things to prove the mini subs didn't do anything during the raid was:
1) they were supposed to attack the harbor around 10:00am... after the air raid.

2) all of the subs recovered still have their torpedoes on-board... ie: they never fired a shot!

If you really want a new Japanese sub, I'd suggest the Kaichu class. A fair number of them were built even though they met with unsatisfactory ends. :D

If you really want a new Japanese sub, I'd suggest the Kaichu class. A fair number of them were built even though they met with unsatisfactory ends. :D
I don't want a new Jap sub... I only needed one and I already have two (one from GM [I-400], and one from Coyote [B1]).

Top Bottom