TAM 0.90 x BTS 3.17 ONLY is out !!!

Why not? Whats wrong with these maps?

If they would start in BTS, then I could try to change civs and ressources for TAM. But it always fails to open.

Try to compare a TAM map vs a BTS map using a text editor: you will see at glance the many differences between them.
In order to use a BTS map as TAM scenario, you need to rewrite the whole map header, then edit resources in the tile rows.
If you have interest in doing so, try to read some tutorials in the map section of CFC. Thamis, the founding father of TAM, wrote a related tutorial about it ;)

I would love to play with BTS-TAM 0.9 some huge Maps I found here on CFC. Ist it possible? Do I need to change anything? What I have to do and how? (I always got CTD when lodaing this maps, even on Standard BTS.)

Magna Graecia
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173842

The Promise Land (72x144)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=145885

I used also an old vanilla map "Tam-Canaan" (wich wasn't a tam modified) and although it took a lot of work(like 70 hours) since i did not have any mod experience, but i'm almost finished.
I created a costum map in bts 3.19 with the tam mod scenario and civ's i needed, saved it in world boulder, replaced the map plots in the text file with the new one. Placed resources, city's, units in worldboulder. Edited the civilizations in the text file. Make sure everything is ballanced, no weird visible plots of starting point, and so on and so on.
Playeble civ's are Hebrew, Canaanite, Phoenician, Hivite, Hittite, Phrygian, Amonnite, Amorite, Sea people, Assyrian, Aramaean, Edomite, Moabite, Amalekite, Mittani and the Philistine
Starting year is 1200bc

So it is possible to create it from scrap in you're world boulder.
Here's some srceenshot's
These are the maps during their development. As the Hebrew you fist have to conquer Israel. You start with 2 cities and an army to start your conquest

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 194
  • Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 271
About Ethnic Units...

I'm looking for the TAM Ethnic Units, as I noticed that the mod doesn't use the BTS Ethnic Units. Ex: no egyptian Warrior (bald ones), Axemen or Archers (bare-chested ones).

On the DL Post (first of this thread) I read that there was a new version was coming soon.

Where is the DL link? It seems absent from the DL post.

I'm working on a full TAM 0.91 version, with Ethnic Units included.

In the meantime I've just uploaded on rapidshare a EUs beta2 version addon.
Download it from post #1 ;)

I'm working on a full TAM 0.91 version, with Ethnic Units included.

In the meantime I've just uploaded on rapidshare a EUs beta2 version addon.
Download it from post #1 ;)

ambrox,

let me know when you have a version ready either for release or if you want some pre-release testing. Ive been keeping busy with Wild Mana in the meantime.

your not completely alone though i know it feels like it at times. im always available if you need my help

I just downloaded this, and I'm getting an XML error of some sort. BugInit says it cannot find the XML file for mod init and I get a blank technology adviser screen. I can click through and play, but without access to the technology adviser. Needless to say, that renders the mod a bit less appealing. :)

Lovely. Now I can't play BTS at all, since it crashes if I try to play any scenario or start a new game from scratch. I can't even see the error message, due to a graphics issue.

I just downloaded this, and I'm getting an XML error of some sort. BugInit says it cannot find the XML file for mod init and I get a blank technology adviser screen. I can click through and play, but without access to the technology adviser. Needless to say, that renders the mod a bit less appealing. :)

Lovely. Now I can't play BTS at all, since it crashes if I try to play any scenario or start a new game from scratch. I can't even see the error message, due to a graphics issue.

If you had an old TAM version in your Mods Folder when you downloaded the new version, then this is probably the problem. You need to delete the TAM mod completely from the Beyond the Sword/Mods folder, then download a clean version of the mod.
All should be fine, I am currently on my fourth test, and struggling to find any bugs at all.

If you had an old TAM version in your Mods Folder when you downloaded the new version, then this is probably the problem. You need to delete the TAM mod completely from the Beyond the Sword/Mods folder, then download a clean version of the mod.
All should be fine, I am currently on my fourth test, and struggling to find any bugs at all.

I did that, actually. Does it work better to install in MyGames, or Program Files? I REALLY want to get it to work, since I loved TAM for Civ3

EDIT: Just deleted the files from Program files\2k games\firaxis games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\TAM and reinstalled through .90d to My Games\Beyond the Sword, and it still failed with the same error. I can run BTS games normally, though.

I did that, actually. Does it work better to install in MyGames, or Program Files? I REALLY want to get it to work, since I loved TAM for Civ3

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meyers Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\TAM

It doesnt matter where you save the download.exe, but the "TAM" folder has to be in the Mods folder as shown above. If you download/extract it and it is somewhere else then just cut or copy it to where it belongs.

Also make sure copies of the scenario maps are in the Public Maps folder

Are you loading the scenario correctly?

Single player/custom scenario/choose TAM map (1 of 4)/civilization/game options/launch

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meyers Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\TAM

It doesnt matter where you save the download.exe, but the "TAM" folder has to be in the Mods folder as shown above. If you download/extract it and it is somewhere else then just cut or copy it to where it belongs.

Also make sure copies of the scenario maps are in the Public Maps folder

Are you loading the scenario correctly?

Single player/custom scenario/choose TAM map (1 of 4)/civilization/game options/launch

Never tried to run as a Custom Scenario. Somewhere in here it recommended launching directly from the map file, so that's what I've been doing.

Never tried to run as a Custom Scenario. Somewhere in here it recommended launching directly from the map file, so that's what I've been doing.

Im sure that is possible once things are setup correctly. then you would save that particular game file to your desktop (for example) and launch from there.

try the old slow way, and double check where your map files are the correct ones for this version. (I am assuming Ambrox included them in the execute, but I generally have an extra set floating around because of testing)

Im sure that is possible once things are setup correctly. then you would save that particular game file to your desktop (for example) and launch from there.

try the old slow way, and double check where your map files are the correct ones for this version. (I am assuming Ambrox included them in the execute, but I generally have an extra set floating around because of testing)

I'm using the map files from .90c, since I think that is the last update for them.

When I try to run as a Custom Scenario, it firsts reloads the game to load the mod. Then I can select the civ I play fine, and set difficulty, but when it is configuring the game it still brings up the Technology Adviser and stops loading. I click on it and then it gives me the same Buginit error message and I'm unable to use the technology adviser. I can play, but would like to be able to play teching for obvious reasons.

I'm using the map files from .90c, since I think that is the last update for them.

When I try to run as a Custom Scenario, it firsts reloads the game to load the mod. Then I can select the civ I play fine, and set difficulty, but when it is configuring the game it still brings up the Technology Adviser and stops loading. I click on it and then it gives me the same Buginit error message and I'm unable to use the technology adviser. I can play, but would like to be able to play teching for obvious reasons.

what is the date on those maps?
the ones i am testing on is 11/19/2009

what is the date on those maps?
the ones i am testing on is 11/19/2009

The Eastern Med (which I tried to run) and Med-24 maps are 11-19-2009. The Western and Central Med maps are from 9-11-2008 and 9-15-2008, respectively, and the Med-12 and Med-16 maps are from 2-23-2008.

I'm not sure it is at all related to the map. I can load the scenario and apparently play it fine, except for the Tech adviser.

Top Bottom