TAM 0.90 x BTS 3.17 ONLY is out !!!

The ThemeParseLog errors seem to be genuine Civ4 bugs (using font of which the define is commented out as "Civ can't use these") ..

... stemming from the resource folder. AKA, it may be a map issue. The map probably has two problems:

1) A plot is given a resource that doesn't exist in TAM.

2) A civ starts with a technology that doesn't exist in TAM, but is still referenced in the WBSaveFile.

If there are enough people who are interested to play TAM 0.90, I'll keep up-to-date the mod with patches.
Thus, whoever play it, please let a simple message below in order to know how many persons there are.

Playing and enjoying it, actually I wouldn't be playing civ without TAM ;)

I haven't played civ since TAM's development stopped. I will take a look at this.

Played TAM since the beginning btw.

Ambrox,

It wouldnt be right if I didnt butcher our buddies name at least once in awhile... haha

sorry Shqype

Ok heres the deal on the 18civ vs 24civ map load

it was not a bad install, but a bad install placement

i downloaded the zip file in the folder as instructed, BUT when it extracted it created a folder named the same as the file. when the game loaded the Mod and searched for the Core DLL it grabbed an older one which was in the folder level above the assets folder.

so if anyone else has this issue, the CivCoreDLL.dll file needs to be in the

Beyond the Sword\MODS\TAM\Assets

not as a folder in there.

Gray

I live in a time vortex.

I've played The Ancient Mediterranean for years and years. When cIV came out I pondered not buying it because there would be no TAM (at first).

I dare say not everyone is aware, but TAM is a very close match to the original Civilization board game (Hartland Trefoil and later Avalon Hill and designed by Francis Tresham) that inspired Sid to design the computer game in the first place. So in a way, a very real way, TAM is Civilization.

My time vortex sometimes drags me back to the Stone Age and occasionally propels me forward through all the ages, but it stabilises in TAM.

So thanks to everyone who has put in the effort to create and develop TAM and I always look out for updates and patches.

I'm really glad to hear this. Even though I haven't been very actively involved for quite some time now, it's still somewhat my baby. I hope that one day I can come back to something TAM-like, in a professional way. :)

I live in a time vortex.

I've played The Ancient Mediterranean for years and years. When cIV came out I pondered not buying it because there would be no TAM (at first).

I dare say not everyone is aware, but TAM is a very close match to the original Civilization board game (Hartland Trefoil and later Avalon Hill and designed by Francis Tresham) that inspired Sid to design the computer game in the first place. So in a way, a very real way, TAM is Civilization.

My time vortex sometimes drags me back to the Stone Age and occasionally propels me forward through all the ages, but it stabilises in TAM.

So thanks to everyone who has put in the effort to create and develop TAM and I always look out for updates and patches.

On the other hand, the "TAM Mediterranean - 24 Civs - Huge - BTSv082.CivBeyondSwordWBSave" from "TAM BTS Public Maps v082.exe" gives me exactly the same Python exceptions ("can't find enum for type tag..").

I can start a TAM game using e.g. the "Continents" map script just fine! I can play BtS3.19, FfH2 and Rhyes (incl. MP) without troubles, too, so I doubt very much that my Civ installation is "generally" corrupted.

Atm, I have Civ/Warlords/Bts installed, and I constantly find references to \warlords\assets\python in the python logs - even if I'm pretty sure I'm starting up BtS. Maybe that's (part of) the problem?
A friend of mine has the Warlords CD, but not installed, and is going to test the issue - will keep you up to date how things works out ...

@Arralen
Your last post excludes a new-map issue, because you have the problem on the previous 0.82 map also.
Where you installed TAM? (i.e. Civ4 standard folder or user custom folder)?

I've now a fresh Civ4-BTS 3.19 installation (no Warlord) with TAM 0.90+DLL 3.19 installed into the Civ4 game folder, and it runs fine.

Could you have a look into your python logs, from where python is loaded in that case?

We have tested with 3 different Civ installs on 3 different machines - one mine, Warlords was installed and patched afterBts, on another one we did the whole thing from start (Civ4, patch, Warlords, patch, BtS, patch), the third has an age-old installation where nobody knows what was installed when. But this all doesn't matter at all, it seems:
As soon as Warlords is installed, Civ seems to use the Python in \Warlords\Assets\ !!
I have renamed the Warlords folder, started BtS and promptly got "python not found" errror :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:
I have searched through all the ini and config files and the registry - where is the path to the python (or even the assets in general) set?

On my machine, TAM 0.90 - DLL 3.19 is installed into E:\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\TAM, with the maps in E:\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps; Vanilla is in \Civ4\, obviously, and Warlords in E:\Civ4\Warlords.

Oh - just dawns to me .. I'll try moving the TAM maps to E:\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\TAM\PublicMaps - that folder doesn't exist, but it does for other mods, which work fine ...

... holy *:eek:*:confused:* !!!! Doesn't seem to help, but I'm not sure, as my hole Civ install seems to have imploded just because I renamed the Warlords folder (and named it back) - I'm getting tons of pythons and XML errors even if I try to start a basic BtS game. Time for a reinstall it seems :cry: :sad:

Which is the (Python) log name? I've no idea where I should search for...

You have to switch on logging ("LoggingEnabled = 1"), and maybe python exceptions ("HidePythonExceptions = 0") in CivilizationIV.ini (there's link "_Civ4Config" in your BtS folder), then look for "PythonXX.log" by following the "_Civ4Logs" link at the same spot.
E.g. "PythonErr2.log" states the "syspath" variable right at the top - that seems to be from where Python is loaded.
And for me, there always shows up Warlords, no matter what I start, what can't be right somehow :(

@Arralen
I hope this is the log you are looking for

Attachments

• PythonDbg.7z
    3.3 KB · Views: 289
Yeap, it is.

Strange - the log says it's loading python from the warlords directory, just like it does on my machine - but you said you don't have warlords at all?!?!?

Yes, because BTS creates a "warlord" folder which contains some stuff (like arts, python and few more), but you can't play it

I was a happy man to discover that TAM works with BTS 3.19!
Thanks for all the effort.

I have somethings i noticed in my last game i just wanted to let you know.

1) the Mesopotamian shrine gives the city it is built 3 priest for free instead of simply the option of creating 3 priest making this religion different then the rest.
2) the Jewish religious buildings do not seem to work I can never build the buildings even the religion spreads there. Also in Judiasm the Temple is more important the synagog not vice versa.
3)Roads and Workers still change in the last stage.

A question is there the options of vassals? These were quite important in the time frame I just cant seem to find the tech that would start them

Apart from that Great work many thanks will finish my Carthage game.

1) the Mesopotamian shrine gives the city it is built 3 priest for free instead of simply the option of creating 3 priest making this religion different then the rest.
2) the Jewish religious buildings do not seem to work I can never build the buildings even the religion spreads there. Also in Judiasm the Temple is more important the synagog not vice versa.
3)Roads and Workers still change in the last stage.

A question is there the options of vassals? These were quite important in the time frame I just cant seem to find the tech that would start them

Hi,
1-3 are well known issues and will be fixed in the upcoming xml patch
2 need some investigation
Vassals are a medieval status more than a TAM one. I'll check it also.
Thanks for your report ;)

Awesome mod Ambrox, I hope you don't mind I'm stealing a bunch of your LH BGs. :p

EDIT: Has anybody noticed "black static" on the bg's of any of these LHs? It appears on a bunch of them for me, check it out...

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Never!!! :eek:
I really can't say why this happens :dunno:

Do you get that with EVERY dds BGs? If not, may be the above dds save format could be the reason, although I never experimented it on my PCs nor anyone reported it before now.

I am reaching a lull in my studies and will try out the latest version of TAM next week. Working on 2 Master's degrees while also working full time doesn't leave much time for Civ. The Holiday season will give me a much needed break to relax and conquer the world a few times.

Top Bottom