TAM BTS v0.70 Released!

When was the Animated Leaderhead released?

What short description do you want for my list?

Bruenor,

yes that was a bug. I believe I had that occurence as well, and should be on our To-Do list. Thanks for all the input, hopefully the next build will be out soon and some of these things will be corrected.

are you sure you have v.074? The super huge buildings have been corrected, though a couple of buildings still appear big, they are not as they were in v.070-v.073.

Davbenbak,

I will be looking into the Espionage Text Quote bug, thanks for the report

Thanks Grey. You are correct, the henge is smaller that it was in 0.70 but it is big enough to be a potential problem. Fortunately for me this game, I'm Egypt and the henge is far away. I ran into the problem when I tried to move a merchant galley and couldn't see where I was going, but it isn't a game breaker here.

I'm almost positive I'm using 0.74. I'm using a 0.74 map.

I think the sapper 'bug' comes from the fact that it is invisible. So, when peace comes, I'm pretty sure the code is saying that the sapper can stay -- but it probably should move with the 'main' army or else weird things can happen.

The game has gone very smoothly, I think it is much improved. I'm still trying to get the 'hang' of how to use the different units. I love the horse archers -- I think they work very well. My favorite part now is that standing behind walls is no longer the way to defend (relative to regular Civ) when you have a lot of mobile troops and you really have to think about offense relative to defense.

Great job everyone!!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Thanks Grey. You are correct, the henge is smaller that it was in 0.70 but it is big enough to be a potential problem. Fortunately for me this game, I'm Egypt and the henge is far away. I ran into the problem when I tried to move a merchant galley and couldn't see where I was going, but it isn't a game breaker here.

I'm almost positive I'm using 0.74. I'm using a 0.74 map.

I think the sapper 'bug' comes from the fact that it is invisible. So, when peace comes, I'm pretty sure the code is saying that the sapper can stay -- but it probably should move with the 'main' army or else weird things can happen.

The game has gone very smoothly, I think it is much improved. I'm still trying to get the 'hang' of how to use the different units. I love the horse archers -- I think they work very well. My favorite part now is that standing behind walls is no longer the way to defend (relative to regular Civ) when you have a lot of mobile troops and you really have to think about offense relative to defense.

Great job everyone!!

Best wishes,

Breunor
Bruenor,

http://tam.arbolingo.com/downloads/

in case you want to doublecheck your version.

Thanks. I did download 0.74 -- the only thing I'm not positive about is whether I did it 'right' or I screwed up somehow.

Unfortunately, I have run into a problem. I finally got a crash. I reloaded, and got the crash a few turns later again.

I also ran into an issue I had in 0.70. I had a Great Prophet in Pi-Ramses,where Zoroastrianism had been founded -- and I couldn't build their shrine (the Altar of Fire or something like that). The option wasn't available for the prophet.

Here is a save:

It should crash in a turn or two and the great prophet should appear in Memphis.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    552.5 KB · Views: 142
Breunor,

Something doesnt sound right. Delete or remove all your TAM folders out of BTS/MOD directory and download v.074 (fresh) and make sure it lands in the BTS/MOD directory.

The Great Prophet/shrine bug is definately v.070. I performed that building with a great prophet myself last evening with no problems.

Always remove/delete an older version before downloading newer versions.

Happy (and better) TAMing,

Quick unit question. Just wondering why archers/bowman have a 50% chance to withdraw but horse archers only have a 40% chance? Seems like it would be the other way around, horses moving away faster than men on foot.

Davbenbak,

2) Espionage tech gives a TXT_KEY_TECH_ESPIONAGE_QUOTE when researched.

I thought I would give you an update on this Text Bug. I found its source and repaired it. Essentially misspellings between entry points. Please let me know if you find any more.

thanks again

Breunor,

Something doesnt sound right. Delete or remove all your TAM folders out of BTS/MOD directory and download v.074 (fresh) and make sure it lands in the BTS/MOD directory.

The Great Prophet/shrine bug is definately v.070. I performed that building with a great prophet myself last evening with no problems.

Always remove/delete an older version before downloading newer versions.

Happy (and better) TAMing,

Thanks Gray, I'll give it a shot.

But help me out -- can you tell me where the maps and the leaderheads go? Do the leaderheads go into Art?

Best wishes,

Breunor

@graywarden,

Thanks responding to my comments and all the hard work your doing to make an already great mod even better!

Ok,

A few bugs:

I think I have 0.74, I deleted the old TAM and reinstalled.

I can't get lumbermills to work. I build woodworking and moved on, but my workers can't build them.

Also, I think the 'burning forest -- replant or lose' random event may be out of control. I must have gotten 5 of them in 40 turns. I'm playing Babylon.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Edit: never mind about the lumbermill, I was being dumb!

Davbenbak,

ALL the game units are currently undergoing analysis, organization, improvements and upgrades in graphics by Ambrox and Shype (and others)

Keep the input coming anyway though!

Shqype ;)

The next version should have quite a few bug fixes and improvements.

This is my second game. My first was Egypt, and now I'm playing Babylon.

I'm really having trouble with money in the late game. According to the information screen, I have the highest GNP. I'm winning by a landslide.

With Egypt, I got a tad lucky -- I got a shrine for shrine income, and got the wonder that doubles wealth in that city. I managed to get open borders with three Civ's. One was the Myceneans, so I was able to send merchant galleys. I got the Great Lighthouse, and was able to keep my science up.

But even with Egypt, I'm a little worried if inflation matches the base game. In the base game, we get banks, grocers, and markets; but in TAM we get essentially just the market for a 25% increase.

With Babylon, I think I'll be bankrupt at 10% science, even though (as I said) I have the highest GNP. No overseas trade. I didn't get a shrine or the double-income wonder. I've disbanded military to have 0 cost and it is still crippling me. I'm only surviving by selling techs.

I probably should have gotten the naval techs so I can get the tech that allows the building of the market, but I didn't think they would be a priority for Babylon. Btw, I'm running all civics to maximize my money, like City States.

Anyway, to make a long story short, relative to 'normal' civ we have FAR fewer wealth multipliers, it is much harder to get open borders and trade income, etc. Maybe inflation should be turned down?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Bruenor,

The monetary mechanics will be adjusted along with everything else.

In the mean time, you have to go for the right civics early.

City States
Plutocracy
Barter

and use Cult of the Sea when you need the cash

also go for the techs that build your economy buildings early too

it takes a couple games to get the hang of the tech tree to keep your economy going

about the time you get it figured out, we will have changed everything.... haha

good luck

Hmmm I had real monetary problem with my Illirian empire. Every new city in the middle of the game gives me -10% to tech slider... And only because I RAPE and CONQUER. If not their gold from the captured and presented back cities, I'd be a bankrupt long time ago...
The best tactics for me now to lead 2-3 wars at once. The only problem is the direction of their attack, if I can find it before they rush on my cities and fortify in the right forests, I'm OK. And then I RAPE their cities with my warlords-enchanced army and get the Bloody gold for my peaceful philosophers to discover new way of living...

Very Good Mod, thank you! I love the antique theme and this mod was definitely my new-year present!

Anyway, to make a long story short, relative to 'normal' civ we have FAR fewer wealth multipliers, it is much harder to get open borders and trade income, etc. Maybe inflation should be turned down?

Sicily, Crete, Cyprus the British isles and the other islands are some of the most valuable territories. Since they count as "over seas", you recieve a +100% modifier for every trade route to those cities. In a empire of 10 cities, ghrabbing a city on an island will give you anywhere from 20-40 commerce (depending on your city sizes and buildings constructed). Try claiming one as your 5-7th city and see if that helps your economy while you expand.

And on that same bend, I find the Celt's situation a bit too strong. Once you jump the channel, your economy keeps on rolling because the trade route income will often offset your maintenance expense.

Sicily, Crete, Cyprus the British isles and the other islands are some of the most valuable territories. Since they count as "over seas", you recieve a +100% modifier for every trade route to those cities. In a empire of 10 cities, ghrabbing a city on an island will give you anywhere from 20-40 commerce (depending on your city sizes and buildings constructed). Try claiming one as your 5-7th city and see if that helps your economy while you expand.

And on that same bend, I find the Celt's situation a bit too strong. Once you jump the channel, your economy keeps on rolling because the trade route income will often offset your maintenance expense.

I agree, I played with Egypt and was able to keep the economy going. But try playing with Babylon on Emperor -- getting to the Mediterranean is quite hard.

Best wishes,

Breunor

The "Noble" setting is the cleanest difficulty setting. By that I mean, it will be the LEAST skewed for difficulty. The more difficult the setting above Noble, and things are agressivly skewed against the human player.
Right now I am testing BTS TAM v.074 and to keep my testing "timely" and to allow myself easy access to wonders, I am testing on Warlord. Its like taking candy from a baby.

The BTS game (CIV4) engine is more difficult to play then Vanilla I have found.

If you are looking for Natural/Even difficulty, Noble is best.

If you are looking to Extremely Challenge yourself then go above Noble. BUT dont expect ANY phase of the game to be the same. Everything gets tweaked to make it harder for you.

So upon reaching the imperial age, all of the workers turn into the 'modern' workers and their unit picture changes to look like either an archer UU or a hero.

Top Bottom