TAM v0.91 released

!! Turning down all graphics options lets me zoom all the way out. Going to test which option it was and post it here asap. Sorry for spamming the thread.

e: Globe view buildings. Turning that off fixes it. No more crashes, knock on wood. It still crashes if I move the view around the gameworld, though.

An idea could be to make the ethnically diverse units a downloadable add-on that you can choose if you want to install or not.

An idea could be to make the ethnically diverse units a downloadable add-on that you can choose if you want to install or not.

This would not affect the MAF type issues. One unit pack versus another would not make a difference in this equation.

Also in addition to that, the ethnically diverse units are a defining factor in making TAM a true MOD, rather then a veneer over vanilla.

downloaded it and started a game yesterday. Playing as the Romans. (who doesnt like to do that ;) ) and having a lot of fun. kudo's!!!

downloaded it and started a game yesterday. Playing as the Romans. (who doesnt like to do that ;) ) and having a lot of fun. kudo's!!!

in my first game the romans were the lowest scoring civ until they were taken over by.. uh, the civ across the sea to the east of them. I was sad.

maybe this is just a side effect of having so many civs on a map, but I get lots of war requests. i'm annoyed/furious to everyone because of all the negatives hits on their diplomatic scores

Very often, especially for testing purpose in order to see how civs develop themselves, I go at war only when attacked or required, and I try to make peace immediately after capturing the first enemy city, or asap when enemy is far away from my borders (without sending expedition armies and fleet). It's a kind of "fair play game", very tricky because it's based on diplomacy :cool:

in my first game the romans were the lowest scoring civ until they were taken over by.. uh, the civ across the sea to the east of them. I was sad.

maybe this is just a side effect of having so many civs on a map, but I get lots of war requests. i'm annoyed/furious to everyone because of all the negatives hits on their diplomatic scores

The more you play the Huge Med 24 map, the more you will find that there can be a broad swing from game to game (not always in order though), where the leader board changes hands.

I try to keep track of the civs that are over powering or under powering on a consistant basis, which there was some of in the previous version (Iberians-too strong) and the (Gauls - too weak).

Rome may need some tweaking to make it a consistant powerhouse (historical), but as noted in this thread, at times they can still take off strong.

Keep in mind there are 24 civilizations combined with all the random events and the number of variables that are in play, there shouldnt be a predictable scoreboard.

The more you play the Huge Med 24 map, the more you will find that there can be a broad swing from game to game (not always in order though), where the leader board changes hands.

I try to keep track of the civs that are over powering or under powering on a consistant basis, which there was some of in the previous version (Iberians-too strong) and the (Gauls - too weak).

Rome may need some tweaking to make it a consistant powerhouse (historical), but as noted in this thread, at times they can still take off strong.

Keep in mind there are 24 civilizations combined with all the random events and the number of variables that are in play, there shouldnt be a predictable scoreboard.

Oh I'm not complaining, at all. I haven't played enough to notice a trend. I do kinda have an expectation to see Rome splashed across the map late in the game. Right now, its pretty even, except with the Tartessian (sp) empire a thousand points ahead of everyone else and bound to get a silk road victory.

Is it possible to get a cultural victory? Does the AI try to get that?

Oh I'm not complaining, at all. I haven't played enough to notice a trend. I do kinda have an expectation to see Rome splashed across the map late in the game. Right now, its pretty even, except with the Tartessian (sp) empire a thousand points ahead of everyone else and bound to get a silk road victory.

Is it possible to get a cultural victory? Does the AI try to get that?

Chode,

I didnt take it as a complaint, I just wanted you and others to be aware that each game on the Huge Med 24 could be a completely new experience at times... ;)

To be honest, the various victory conditions need work. The timeline between the tech-tree and the game itself is not synced very well, and is on our to-do list. I have very rarely seen a cultural victory, or any other for that matter. If I even make it to the end of a time/score game during a test (probably 1 out of 5), thats generally where it ends. This was on the last version though, I have only run about a half dozen tests so far with version 0.91

Please continue to post any bugs or comments as you come across them, the input is greatly appreciated.

I'm about to lose to a silk road victory. No worry, I'll just launch all my ICB... oh crap.

I always play as Rome, can't do no other... but that's me :) Too bad the legionaries aren't defined based on the era (polybian, marian, imperial), but I can live with that.

With 24 civs, diplomacy is very interesting. If handled right, you'll get powerful allies helping you along the game. On the other hand, I've had one game where the top 5 major power house hating me to the core. Usually, I help the underdog civs (those are at the bottom of the scoreboard) so the civs can still compete with each other. Of course, by keeping them alive, it will keep them busy fighting each other, that is until someone attack me, or when I feel I need to expand...

If only AI knows how to invade via sea route, but I think it is more of BTS issue, not TAM. I can agree with my allies to declare war to several civs (for boosting diplomacy) without the need of committing any troops in the battle, so long those civs I declared war on are across the sea. The AI will only commit to naval warfare, but I've never seen them landing troops in my Italy peninsula. As a result, I only put 1 outdated troop per city there.

It looks like Stable only gives extra +2 xp to cavalry, but not elephant, as well, siege engines does not receive any xp boosts from any barrack-like buildings. Are these by designed?

It looks like Stable only gives extra +2 xp to cavalry, but not elephant, as well, siege engines does not receive any xp boosts from any barrack-like buildings. Are these by designed?

Stable +2 xp for horse units/chariot units intended

Elephants Im not sure (Ambrox, what are your thoughts?) Elephants are boosted through strength they receive as a unit, and xp is gathered thru combat. There are other ways to gain xp points, such as Command Post for example for the units that dont have training buildings like Archery, Calvary and Mele units do.

Siege Engines no boost intended

People, someone..

Help, i have been trying to download this mod and the link seems to be broken, is there anyother place we can get it?

Hi, I've got some trouble installing the mod. Everything is fine until the end of extraction, where I get this message:
"error #0 : can not open output file C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\TAM\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll"

Also, it looks like no TAM folder is created at all, even though I'm asked if I want to overwrite files that are supposed to be in that folder if I run the extraction a second time. So I don't know what's happening at all. I got the same problem in trying to install the TAM 0.90 version... FYI, I'm running Windows 7 and I'm playing BtS under compatibility mode.

Please let me know what the problem is, I'm really looking forward to playing this TAM mod !

Some people have their BtS folder in a location like this:
C:/ProgramFiles/2K Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 (or Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete)/Beyond the Sword
This might be your problem. If I remember right, I had to change that personally to install this mod, but it might be another mod I'm thinking about. Anyway, you should give it a try ;)

If you have issues with your install running, this worked for me: Notice how other mods are loading, and what order those files are. After following the directions from the makers of this mod, you will notice a "double up" of some folders (mod folder, the very first tam folder come to mind) take the files that make your list go /beyondthesword/mods/tam0.91or something/mods/tam/etc. should look close to this: /beyondthesword/mods/tam/. Taking the file(s) itself out from the tam folder, and putting them with the rest of your mods, and removing the files, in the tam download, that got you there, worked for me.

Hi, I've got some trouble installing the mod. Everything is fine until the end of extraction, where I get this message:
"error #0 : can not open output file C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\TAM\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll"

Also, it looks like no TAM folder is created at all, even though I'm asked if I want to overwrite files that are supposed to be in that folder if I run the extraction a second time. So I don't know what's happening at all. I got the same problem in trying to install the TAM 0.90 version... FYI, I'm running Windows 7 and I'm playing BtS under compatibility mode.

Please let me know what the problem is, I'm really looking forward to playing this TAM mod !

You do NOT want to overwrite any existing files. Delete the old Mod file completely and start fresh.

People, someone..

Help, i have been trying to download this mod and the link seems to be broken, is there anyother place we can get it?

This is most likely a corrupted download. Delete the download file and any current TAM mod files (if) you have a previous version.

If the TAM folder downloads outside of the BTS/Mods folder just cut and paste it to its proper placement

Some people have their BtS folder in a location like this:
C:/ProgramFiles/2K Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 (or Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete)/Beyond the Sword
This might be your problem. If I remember right, I had to change that personally to install this mod, but it might be another mod I'm thinking about. Anyway, you should give it a try ;)

C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods

May vary to some small degree as veBear indicated, the important thing is that it is in the Beyond the Sword/Mods folder

any old TAM versions delete, download the latest and make sure it is in the mods folder

I had the same problem installing but I resolved unzipping in my download folder and then copying and pasting in BTS/Mods folder. Everything works but combat, because units cant do more than 10% damage and the fights are almost infinite :)
Someone has some idea how to resolve this problem? I've searched in almost all xml files to get a solution, but I cant see what to do.

Top Bottom