TAM v0.91 released

There may be other mods with similar theme that I have missed or never tried, so I'll let someone else to chime in a suggestion.
I am myself currently working on one a bit more TAM based medieval one (500 - 1500). Will maybe relese an alpha soon enough, though the tech tree, which I build myself from the ground, is far from compleate

PS: hope the TAM team doesn't mind me answering his questions about mod suggestion :)
Ditto ;)

PS: hope the TAM team doesn't mind me answering his questions about mod suggestion :)

No not at all, the more ideas and discussions that are tossed about, the more activity all the mods receive, and that is a good thing!!!! ;)

I was just wondering what was up with the expansive trait. It says it offers food from trade, but I'm not seeing any increase. I'm glad you guys were able to update the mod, keep up the good work.

@ambrox

i have updated the minor fixes on the server in my folder, whenever you decide to update..... let me know you saw this message if you can...... thanks

I've just finished my summer vacations and I'm back now
Thanx Gray :goodjob:

I've just finished my summer vacations and I'm back now
Thanx Gray :goodjob:

vacation(S), how does one rate plural vacations when sum have nun...... haha..

hope you are rested well, and welcome back. once your back in the modding saddle, give me a post or pm. lets come up with a game plan of some sort to work together a little tighter this go round. all my preliminary tests have went well, and we have a strong stable engine. If your intention is to continue building and improving what we have, then I am with you. I see it now as a list of tweaks rather then major changes.

Love this mod, exactly what I want in terms of units, research and civs.

But I'm afraid I am also plagued with this CTD thing, in the beginning of games it's no problem but as the map gets populated it starts crashing more and more frequently...eventually it becomes unplayable.

It always happens when I scroll or zoom the map, sometimes it freezes and only way out is ctrl-alt-del and killing the program (alt-tab dont work) but usually it drops to desktop and tells me the program stopped working.

I run win7 64-bit, 6GB ram, roughly 6GB (auto-managed) page file and geforce gtx 275 (896 MB)

It seems to me too like a memory issue but I cant find an apparent solution, I've gone through the wild mana thread and didnt find anything there that helped me.

Love this mod, exactly what I want in terms of units, research and civs.

But I'm afraid I am also plagued with this CTD thing, in the beginning of games it's no problem but as the map gets populated it starts crashing more and more frequently...eventually it becomes unplayable.

It always happens when I scroll or zoom the map, sometimes it freezes and only way out is ctrl-alt-del and killing the program (alt-tab dont work) but usually it drops to desktop and tells me the program stopped working.

I run win7 64-bit, 6GB ram, roughly 6GB (auto-managed) page file and geforce gtx 275 (896 MB)

It seems to me too like a memory issue but I cant find an apparent solution, I've gone through the wild mana thread and didnt find anything there that helped me.

Norlander,

check my post with links above/below regarding memory allocation failures. i noticed you said 64 bit, arent most programs 32 bit (64 for programmer types primariliy??) im not a geek squad candidate, but that did catch my eye, could that possibly be a source of a memory problem? (anyone geekier then me please jump in), cause the rest of the specs kick arse..
i am running an early quad core system , 2 gigs of ram, and its nearly three years old now, and i have never had a memory failure in TAM. in Wild Mana as mentioned in my linked post, though.

hope this helps.

I dont know how the relation between a 64-bit OS and a 32-bit program works, if the program gets access to all the memory or not, regardless there should be more then enough.

Also for those who gets the MAF...does it actually tell you it's a MAF in an error message or are people just throwing "all" CTD's under that name? I never get an error message from civ4 but win7 tells me the program has stopped working and gives me this error log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: D3D9.DLL
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bd9a9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00035794
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1044
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

A quick google tells me D3D9.DLL is a dx9 file which makes sense if it's a memory issue.

Are you referring to the links with the BCDEDIT.EXE /Set IncreaseUserVa fix? I looked around and everyone in various different forums says this has no effect on 64-bit system, I tried to do it anyway and it wouldnt allow me.

It seems to be related to directx9. Does your gfx support directx11 (I think that's the latest one)? See if you can obtain and install directx11.

Usually when you receive MAF, you will receive a pop-up window says "Memory Allocation Failure".

Yeah directx11 is installed and I've never recieved a MAF message...might be something entirely different.

Nordlander,

I must have been really tired when I replied to your original post and had MAFs on my brain. Sorry about that, if its a CTD, then I will hope someone else can help more then me. I have not had a CTD in quite some time with TAM, and even rarer has been a permanent CTD, (repeated despite earlier savegame reload).

Playing the history of three kingdoms atm and old saves are deleted but if I start another TAM I'll send it...however I dont think it's savegame related cause I got the same problem with 2 different games, first with macedonia (agamemnon) then with iberia.

But at the same time it's never happened with any other mod or vanilla so I can only gather that it's specific to certain computer/software set-ups but only happens with TAM.

Maybe it is the custom DLL.

@Keinpferd: you found your way here :) I don't have mac, so unfortunately, I can't help :( hopefully someone else will come to assist you.

@Nordlander: I had one a CTD on one of my game, and I found python error related to certain building reference that's no longer in the game (Sport League quests referencing to coliseum and statue of zeus WW). I am attaching the file CvRandomEventInterface.py in this post. Extract it and copy it to "Civ4\BTS\Mods\TAM\Assets\Python\EntryPoints\". If you ever decide to play TAM again, let me know if it helps.

Attachments

• CvRandomEventInterface.rar
    16.5 KB · Views: 256
I just downloaded the TAM mod and everything loads up fine. I see TAM in the upper right corner so I know the mod is loaded, but nothing is changed from regular bts. There are no different civs and no change in the tech tree when I play a game. Also I tried playing one of the TAM scenarios and it loads but only with me playing as julius ceasar and no AI. What am I doing wrong?

I am running bts v 3.19 and have downloaded the new dll file for compatibility but still have the problem.... HELP!!

I just downloaded the TAM mod and everything loads up fine. I see TAM in the upper right corner so I know the mod is loaded, but nothing is changed from regular bts. There are no different civs and no change in the tech tree when I play a game. Also I tried playing one of the TAM scenarios and it loads but only with me playing as julius ceasar and no AI. What am I doing wrong?

I am running bts v 3.19 and have downloaded the new dll file for compatibility but still have the problem.... HELP!!

drobson,

the latest version is NOT a rework in a large sense as maybe you expected. V.091 is a continuation of tweaks and adjustments from v.090. we are still working out the kinks from converting to BTS.

The final version is expected to be v 1.0 in some few months in the future, once CIV5 TAM is in full development. Our intention is to have a polished version of CIV4 by that time.

TAM is intended to start from the Custom Scenario menu, make sure you pick one of the four maps loaded that are for TAM. If you have the correct map, then you will have an option to choose your civ of choice and other available game options.

Top Bottom