• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Tattoos

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
I feel that I can be honest with you guys, were all Civ Fanatics here right? Well my wife keeps going on about how awesome Adam Levine is. One of the things she really likes is all his tattoos. So I'm going to get some more ink just to make her happy. I'm thinking of the golden disk waiting icon the curser turns to while Civ loads with the words "One more turn" on or around it. I think it should be in Latin because thats probably what Adam Levine would do. Can anyone here put "one more turn" into good Latin for me please?

Civ Fanatic indeed :D

"One more turn" = "Turn magis", apparently. Which doesn't strike me as particularly latin. But it is. (Literally "time more"?)

And if you want to tattoo it in scrawly blue ink on your body somewhere, I think you should. Though the why of it defeats me.

I suggest the following tattoo:

WWALD?

Spoiler :
What Would Adam Levine Do?

Go for broke and get a tattoo of Adam Levine on your belly. She will love that bro.

Why not go all the way and get Adam Levines face tatooed on your own face?

"One more turn" = "Turn magis", apparently. Which doesn't strike me as particularly latin. But it is. (Literally "time more"?)

And if you want to tattoo it in scrawly blue ink on your body somewhere, I think you should. Though the why of it defeats me.

Thanks Borachio but that does not sound at all cool. How about "Unum amplius iteratio"
I'm not sure if the grammar is any good but it sounds a lot better.

Just get "Catherine" tattooed on your body prominently. I cannot imagine your girlfriend having a problem with a woman's name for a tattoo.

EDIT: Wait, I thought how that could be improved. Tattoo "Conquest Victories" on your back, then list Catherine, Elizabeth, Joan of Arc, etc under it! Might want your local ambulance service on speed dial, though.

certioribus cum nuclear arma mea sunt - My words are backed with nuclear weapons

(but I bet google translate didn't really do a good job with that)

You can't hug your children with nuclear arms, Warpus.

A Giant Death Robot could hug I suppose.

Do one of a spearman killing a tank!

I thought of that but it looses a lot without the animation. :spear:

"If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."

Spoiler :

"I am a family man."

Spoiler :

"I believe I can fly."

Spoiler :

I feel that I can be honest with you guys, were all Civ Fanatics here right? Well my wife keeps going on about how awesome Adam Levine is. One of the things she really likes is all his tattoos. So I'm going to get some more ink just to make her happy. I'm thinking of the golden disk waiting icon the curser turns to while Civ loads with the words "One more turn" on or around it. I think it should be in Latin because thats probably what Adam Levine would do. Can anyone here put "one more turn" into good Latin for me please?
Get a new wife or tell her to get another tattoo. Or at a minimum, tell her that you will get a new tat if she will get the same one in the same place. ;)

Top Bottom