1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team 1 Starting Position

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Sullla, Nov 26, 2008.

1. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Rock on Bolkonski. How's about moving that warrior NW to the grass hill and tell us what you see?

2. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

yes please :) - if there is nothing there, you might as well just settle in place, research agri and build the worker as planned. and then take a screenshot.

if there is something there, take the screenshot first and we'll have a few hours to decide what to do about it.

3. Bolkonski

Bolkonski Prince Bolkonsky

OK. Here's the screenshot from the first turn. We are researching Agriculture and building a Worker.

Attached Files:

4. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Nice. we're off! how does it feel to have done the first turn ;)

btw can we rename the capital Hazrat-e Turkestan - that was the historic capital of the Kazakhstani capital. Astana is a very bland capital city (I do actually know some Kazakhs!) and not even the main city in Kazakhstan, Almati is.

5. Bolkonski

Exhilarating! ;)

6. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Good, follow that north south ridge, northwards, so we get the hill view bonus of 2 tiles, then follow the river to its origin, so we know how many riverine cities we get, which is quite important for a financial trait civ.

7. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

Bolkonski, looks like we are going to be able to play another turn tonight if you are ready to go. Follow with what Provolution said and just go through the turn when you can. :thanx:

8. jkpsmp1

jkpsmp1 Chieftain

Our starting spot looks good - the water tiles to the east will be good for coins. I have recreated what I can see from the screen shot as a saved game. It looks like there are fish to the NE - true?

Jeff

Attached Files:

9. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Ok we are off :)

Settling did not reveal additional resources :(

only a coast desert hill?!

Bolkonski or whoever plays the turn and ports screenshot, can you please turn tile yield on ...

10. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Next move NW and then walk up the line of hills to the North - unless something interesting comes up. Seems sensible to me.

11. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Notice, we are in the far south, as the SW forest got some snow in it, and is on top of some tundra. This is why we need to go north, since the neighbors will be north, not on the Southern Pole.

12. Bolkonski

as requested...

Attached Files:

13. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

@Bolkonski: can you post that image in the Turn 0 thread, too?

Also, you may want to consider getting an account at PhotoBucket. It is free and allows you to upload images to their site, and those images can then be used anywhere in the internet. Plus, they do not count towards your attachment limit here.

Photobucket is not the only place that offers free image hosting but it was mentioned in a pop I saw here at the forum a few years back. ImageShack was also mentioned. I am sure they are not the only two places that offer this service, but they are the only two that come to mind this late. :D

14. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Thanks Bolkonski...

Our land looks horible....

15. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

We've got 2 threads now with discussions about what to do in them, I think this thread should be close now and we use the Turns 0-10 thread from now on.

It's not bad

16. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Just make sure you don't link to it anywhere or make it possible to find as otherwise other people may be able to see your archive.

17. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I would say forget photobucket, just one more place to have to log into. Let's just use 10-turn chunk threads and if we start running out of space we can have the moderators delete old threads. I think our standard operating procedure should be to post screen shots in the turn thread each turn and have discussion. No point posting a save, since anyone who can play can just log into the pitboss.

18. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

Our online images of the game are considered by the moderators to be part of our private team forum and thus are off limits to anyone else. We can share what we want, but no one can try to deduce what we have. Hacking into our image files is like trying to hack into this forum. It is not allowed.

19. jkpsmp1

jkpsmp1 Chieftain

We could post some bogus images on photobucket.

We could create a new single player game putting us in jungle squares with a ton of resources and the post it photobucket. Then have one of us mistakenly post a link to it in the general forum. While asking Sulla or Ginger_Ale a question. ;)

Jeff

20. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Very sneaky, though i'm not sure the other teams would take the bait. Plus we would eventually be found out and then we would be pariahs. I also think any disinformation we produce needs to be within the parameters of the game (no map sharing until contact and paper).