1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Team AMAZON

Discussion in 'BTS Multi-Team Demogame II' started by Sommerswerd, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Loev

Loev Chieftain

Hi guys and galls,

After spending to much time lurking this forum I want to join TEAM AMAZON for the upcoming Demogame. I have read Sulla's extensive posts about the Aplyton Demogame and loved it!
    My CIV4 skills aren't that great, but you need some crazy dutch people on your team! :banana: I did some civ4BTS games online but nothing worth mentioning.

What can I contribute to the team?
    • Getting coffee for those later hours
    • Custom avatars
    • Refreshing opinion from a complete noob.

Can I join pretty please?

2. remake20

remake20 :)

Okay, here are the times for social hang-out. We will have two one for North American players and one for European members. I am needing someone to moderate the European session, doing things like making sure everyone is having a good time and being nice.

For NA: Sat 8-9 EST (or EDT)

For Europe: Sat 7-8 GMT +0

Here is the chat make sure you create an account so you can use the same name. Try to use your forum name as your name on the chat.

3. nabaxo

nabaxo Chieftain

Cool, I might even hang out in the NA one as well.

4. RasmCiv

RasmCiv Chieftain

great initiative!:goodjob:

Well, i'm not sure how good i would be at keeping people happy and such, but if no-one else assigns, i could give it a try :D (In the european forum)

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Chieftain

That means 20:00 - 21:00 CET GMT+1 (Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany, Denmark, ...)

6. remake20

Actually I will have to get us a new chat, because another team member could spy later on. I will put a new one in our private forum.

EDIT: We can do this one, but I'll have to change it later.

NVM. I see now

7. remake20

Where is are activity? And Sommerwerd, Loev still needs a ceremony.

8. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Chieftain

Hi Loev, yes you can join, welcome! [party]

I'm kind of waiting for the private forums which I expect soon.

9. remake20

We have only had 6 posts in two days, by 4 members. And Sommer hasn't posted in two days.

10. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Chieftain

You think we should post more? Talk back and forth to keep things lively? So people don't potentially lose interest during the waiting-on-the-forum period before it even begins?

What should we talk about?

11. remake20

Well, I guess I was just surprised that we had a lot of posts and then almost none.

12. SilentConfusion

Hopefully everyone's just eagerly awaiting the private forums like I am. I am bursting with things to say actually, I just have to try to contain myself at the moment.

But we can talk about other things such as who is this AMAZON "king" you speak of in your signiture? If Diana is our leader, we might say we have a queen, although my impression of AMAZON society is that rule is determined more by merit and situational worthiness than by any institution. Hopefully you don't mean some wine-soaked Burger King guy.

13. remake20

My sig is a bit odd. By the king I maybe thought turn-player (they have no more power, but I thought it made you sound like your opinion counted). Oh, who cares!

14. SilentConfusion

In an effort to "keep the thread active" and possibly intimidate our foes into submission by the number of our posts, if not the content, I will respond to this.

Anything to point out to AMAZONs everywhere, even ones who haven't joined yet that their opinion counts is good, even if your sig is a bit confusing to me at least.

We of Team AMAZON, unlike some "other" teams, believe that all of our members are as important as anyone else and are able to rule ourselves each stepping up to the best of their abilities. By acting as a team and actively supporting each other our power will be greater than the power of our (or their, for that matter) "top players". No one should be afraid to participate on Team AMAZON. Everyone has something to offer (even support, a highly undervalued aspect), even if they don't realize it.

Remember what they say: "Teamliness is next to godliness." And if they don't say that, they should.

15. remake20

I'll change it ;)

16. SilentConfusion

If Sommerswerd isn't able to organize a ceremony for Loev soon, I'll see if I can organize something half-way worthy.

17. harvman

harvman Chieftain

I've just been checking back looking for the private forums... don't want to go giving away my great strategies where other teams can see them ;) Any idea when they'll be opening?

18. SilentConfusion

Good to hear you have some great strategies. I think those are the best kind to have. Hopefully everyone on our team has those kind of strategies. ;)

I don't think anyone knows exactly when the forums will be up and it's kind of an everybody-feels-they-should-be-up-already kind of thing. We're all just waiting. When the post finally comes in I think there will be a lot of excitement on all fronts.

19. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

The problem is we're relying on just 3 people in the world for the private forums (the 3 CFC admins). And if they all happen to be busy at the same time, well, tough luck for us. ;)

So they could be up in an hour, or it could take several more days... :(

20. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd All Your Trickle Down are Belong to Me

I think Tinkerbell said it best...

Excellent strategy. I think (hope) it is working already;)

Well said... Truer words were never spoken. You have captured the spirit of the AMAZON nation. All AMAZONS Are Equal!

The best part about that is that the thread stayed active! :yeah:... AMAZON is not about one player! AMAZON is about all of us together!:goodjob: I really enjoyed reading the conversation over the last few days although I did not have alot of time to post. I encourage other AMAZONs to feel free to follow remake20 and Silent Confusion's example... ask questions, get to know each other and get involved! This MTDG is going to be so much fun!:D

You should feel free, to put on a Golden Rope Ceremony for new AMAZONs if you feel motivated to do so:). Every AMAZON has had a Golden Rope Ceremony. So every AMAZON knows how to put one on.:goodjob:

So the waiting is over, and sorry for the delay... Welcome Loev!:goodjob:

The AMAZONs party like its 2010 (because it is)...

We do the fireworks show first this time... just in case we get too drunk at the party... We wouldn't want anyone setting themselves on fire;)

Then, after drinking...:xmascheers:, Drinking :beer: and more Drinking! :cheers: lots of Green Beer...

Diana comes to the party with a special St. Patrick's Day ensemble...

to deliver your golden rope...
    We are glad to have a new AMAZON!... we love :love:...Loev!:goodjob: