1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team AMAZON

Discussion in 'BTS Multi-Team Demogame II' started by Sommerswerd, Feb 21, 2010.

1. mariogreymist

mariogreymist Deity

It wouldn't surprise me to discover some of the best players are the ones who post least. After all, it's the guy not talking that usually worries me at a poker table.

In unrelated news, have found a suitable avatar...ready to rock!

2. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Good point mariogreymist! And great new Avatar choice!:goodjob:

:( Thats cool... Although I was hoping to have some AMAZONs wanting to step up and take more responsibility for keeping our great team running smoothly...:) Oh well, maybe later on you will change your mind.

I can understand if anyone is too busy to get deeply involved. Everyone on this team is free to participate as much or as little as they like:goodjob: It's all about what is most fun for you!:D

What is even more important to pay attention to is:

1. Our team thread has the most views and the most replies:goodjob:! That is an indication that we will have the most active and fun team!
    2. (Click on the "replies" number for this thread) We have multiple team members with over 10 replies in this thread!:goodjob:. That is an indication that we will have a fun and active team once the game starts!
    3. Our team has the most balanced participation! Other teams have one person with 3,4,5 times as many post as anyone else:eek:. That is an indication of what those teams will be like... One person dominating the conversation, making all the decisions. Our team has more balanced participation, and will probably be a team where everyone has more of a say.:D The proof is in the pudding... just check the "replies" numbers.
    4. We have so many new members wanting to join our team (and this MTDG game):goodjob: I am super-glad that the frontpage announcement is getting such a good reception! (especially since I helped design it:D) This game is going to be alot of fun. Our team already has as amost as many members now (at the beginning) as my team (Kazakhstan) had last game all the way at the end.

3. Link

Link Scarves

iim relatively new here, but didnt kaz win the last game?

4. Sommerswerd

That is a very controversial issue.:mischief: Click the "Team Kazakhstan" link in my sig if you want more info on the last MTDG game.;)

The short story is... first SANCTA quit in the middle of a war (against Kazakhstan and Cavalieros) and surrendered all its land to Kazakhstan, leaving their ally Saturn alone. Then Saturn, Cavalieros, and Mad Scientists quit. Kazakhstan did not quit.

One thing that is beyond dispute is Cavalieros was leading, most of the game, and that Saturn had the lowest score for most of the game... (and the lowest score when the game ended :p but I will let you read for yourself and decide.:D

5. remake20

remake20 :)

I just found it odd that not very many experienced players joined after announcement. I knew I shouldn't of posted that (I knew people would point it out). BTW shouldn't this be MTDG III? I know the last didn't finish, but that's like taking a new movie releasing half of it, then canceling, then someone else makes a movie in the same series and calls it the same name, even though it has a completely different story.

6. kujayhawk

kujayhawk Chieftain

After posting my intent to join the mighty AMAZONS in the sign-up thread, I humbly request the customary welcoming party and hope it's not :deadhorse:.

7. nabaxo

nabaxo King

Hey! I'm still waiting for mine! :p

8. Norton I

Norton I Warlord

I'm a scientologist. I believe I will die if my number of posts increases beyond 10. :scan:

9. Sommerswerd

Perrmission granted.:)
    Welcome:D
    Y-Y yeah! :yeah:
    Glad your playing again:goodjob: and even glad-er that your joining us:)
    Welcome;)
    Sorry for the delay, I did not notice that you had signed up on the other thread. Welcome and feel free to invite as many more Kansas Jayhawks to join the team as you like:goodjob:
    No worries... We leave no AMAZON behind;)... So without further ado...
    Just to make sure that nobody got missed, Diana announces that we are throwing a 6-Star AMAZON welcome bash to welcome our Super-6 new AMAZONs, Quaczar, pappyball, nabaxo, harvman, fireflames and kujayhawk!:goodjob:

We start with a nice civilized dinner, with wine and cheese...
    Followed by some nice fancy appetizers...

But then one of the AMAZONs says what the H@## is this?:confused: Where is the music?... Where is the beer?... And then the party REALLY gets started [party]...

With drinking games...

Followed by drinking games...

Followed by more drinking games...
    By the time the drinking games are done, everyone is too wasted for anything else... and by the time Diana starts handing out the golden ropes... everyone is seeing stars:crazyeye:
    Nope Diana is not surrounded by an aura of stars and sparklies... you are just wasted... It's great fun being an AMAZON:goodjob:

10. Gingi

Gingi Warlord

Very, very good idea. We could find an IM site and all talk in real-time. I think I can add to it, too:

Before major polls (declaring war, new city positions, etc. etc.) we can have a real-time debate over IM so undecided voters (or inexperienced ones, like me) can decided what to vote on. That way we can convince people to vote for what we want.

Then later we can copy the entire debate and post it on here.

That is also a very, very excellent idea. This way we can organize events (such as the real-time IM), put up "ads" for who wants to have a certain job (such as city governors: other teams were doing these; ambassadors that work out diplomacy to other teams, etc.), and work out who does turnplaying.

11. Quaczar

Quaczar Chieftain

Is there any word on how soon the actual game will start up?

12. harvman

harvman Chieftain

Don't worry, I take no offense. While I'm certainly no deity player, I've been playing since civ2 and lurking since civ3, and I figured this was a good way to get back into the mix before civ 5 came out. Also since it's a democracy I figured I couldn't completely screw anything up for everyone:mischief:

13. nabaxo

nabaxo King

Sweet! Thanks for the great welcome! :D

(Just spamming a little to get my post-count up. ;D)

But yeah, any word on when the game will begin?

14. fireflames

fireflames Chieftain

I, too, am eager. And I'm definitely in the category of those with few posts, but I hope that my pedigree - and play - might redeem me. I began playing the first Civ in elementary school (the computer teacher let me at it when I proved my ability to type) and have played every iteration since. I spent the most time on the first, second, and fourth. I'd really enjoy getting in top form before the fifth, so here I am.

Let's get this thing off the ground!

15. Gingi

Gingi Warlord

OK, here's for a more detailed introduction:

I started playing Civ4 around a year ago. Like I said, I play on Warlord difficulty although I hope to soon move onto Noble. :eek: When I saw a big picture of Shaka pointing at me I just couldn't resist joining the game, spotting a potential opportunity to learn from the more experienced players. I chose the AMAZONS because they looked like the most fun and the most potentially educative.

Although I am a rather new Civ gamer I am a decent programmer and I am working on an Eragon mod (my first mod).

16. wideyedwanderer

wideyedwanderer Prince

I've been playing since Civ2, though I'm far from an expert since (unfortunately) I do have a so-called "life" (aka "work":run:) and I can't devote as much time to Civ as I would like. :sad:

I've been lurking on these forums on and off for quite a while, since around Civ3. I wasn't interested in posting because I don't have a lot of time I can devote to Civ, and the time I do have I would rather spend playing or reading and learning from more experienced players.

I actually registered in June of last year but never posted until recently. I was checking out the Arts & Entertainment section and saw someone made a Tom Petty thread. No one else had posted in it, so I decided to show my support for Tom Petty. Then I saw that Shaka wanted ME to play in the game (ME??:wow:). Actually, it was Sommerswerd's incredibly positive attitude that got me to join. I don't like posting online because it tends to get stressful and argumentative, and the last thing I want is more stress. But this looks like it'll be fun and relaxed, so it sounds good.

Plus, I don't like posting just for the sake of it. Post count doesn't matter to me. I try to only post when I have something worth while to say.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think it's really my cup of tea, but it looks interesting. Where'd you get it?

Yeah. And this:

Spoiler :

Or this:

Spoiler :
    :ocrwp3RZF-8z2M:http://chud.com/nextraimages/Nov1MUL5.JPG" align="" border="0" />

But not:

Spoiler :

But yes to this:

Spoiler :

17. remake20

remake20 :)

About the game being started, I'm pretty sure the map hasn't been started being made.

18. Link

Link Scarves

ok might as well follow the crowd. ive played strategy games 4 a long time, but my first civ was civ 3. like i said, i play on prince. i recently finished my first mod which has to do with rome but its very very simple and i was helped a lot. this is my first multiplayer game and i joined this team bc i liked how it was structured and was going 2 be run.

19. Link

Link Scarves

hey how do you make ur sig a link?

20. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

What do you want to link to?