Team MAVERICKS

I'm relatively new to the forums...but sign me up for this. This'll be my first demo game. And just to warn you my participation may vary a bit as i tend to travel a good deal.

Hey DMOC,
I'd like to join the team. Looking forward to the discussion etc. (Also i'm hoping that if your team wins you may be able to continue the lost ALC's :p) This is my first game of this type and there's quite a time difference between Australia and America so I don't know if this would affect things but i'd certainly like to help out at a discussion level at least!

Since I haven't known of this demogame since day 1 of it's conception, about how close is it to starting?

New guy here -- never done this before, but it seems really interesting. I would like to join and see what its all about.

I don't have any multiplayer experience, but I am a Monarch/Emperor player.

I play emperor single player, no MP experience at all. I'd love to play a part in this team.

I'd like to join too. I was kind of around Team Saturn in the last one for a while, but things were looking so hopeless....hehe. Hopefully this one will be better.

I'm much like Ceiliazul; Emperor SP player, no MP experience at all really. I'll also need to learn exactly how pitboss works...

Sign me up please! I didn't play multiplayer games at all, but I'm fairly sure that I could be of some help. I don't know if this is a problem or not but my laptop burned down from playing a lot of civ (and I'm not kidding), so I probably won't be able to be turn player at the begining, but I think I would join sometime later. I'm very eager to see about this whole process, and the only reason why I chose this team because there is less people than in Lord Parkin's team :D! I also see that there is a lot of newcommers so I think that our combined rookey experience in MP games could be combined into glorious victory!!!

What the heck. I'll give it a try. :>)) Sounds like it could be fun.

Zero experience with multi-player games, and in all honesty am a huge diplomatic player, but want to try something new.

I would like to join the team. I can usually win against the computer on immortal difficulty. I prefer a mixed economy combined with a clubs/arrows blockade, then swords/axes-aggressive, then rifle-aggressive military expansion. I also apply triangle-diplomacy (but this is useless in MP games).

Post-emancipation, I'm equally comfortable with state property or corp-spamming free market. State property if military expansion is both crippling the economy and more guns are needed -- FM if military expansion is slower and GPs are available.

My preferred leaders are Elizabeth, Washington, Monte, Alexander, Gandhi, Mansa Musa, and Suleiman in no particular order. Also, I can play any leader to a win, I just enjoy playing these leaders/civs the most.

I've played a couple of MP games, but not many. I'm familiar with most starting MP strats though.

So, overall, I'm a fairly aggressive player with a good understanding of late-beginning to end-game tactics and strategies. I would be just as comfortable directing military tactics as I would be city management.

Hey DMOC,
I'd like to join the team. Looking forward to the discussion etc. (Also i'm hoping that if your team wins you may be able to continue the lost ALC's :p) This is my first game of this type and there's quite a time difference between Australia and America so I don't know if this would affect things but i'd certainly like to help out at a discussion level at least!

Welcome, bobbyboy29! Yes, I might re-continue ALC 27, but if I do so, it'll be in the summer. Lately I've been losing interest in single player and gaining interest in multiplayer.

Time difference shouldn't hinder things, as everything is recorded in the forum so you don't need to be around all the time to participate.

Yes, this is correct.

Edit- sorry but going to try to join another team- this one is getting really full!

Shucks - it would have been nice to have you. :(

Since I haven't known of this demogame since day 1 of it's conception, about how close is it to starting?

I'm not sure either and I've been here since day 1. :lol: My rough estimate would say perhaps a month before actual gaming time starts. Of course, we'd have plenty of planning to do prior to that, not to mention hopefully an additional private team pitboss.

I would like to join!

first demo game for me too... curious about the experience.

Nice! The last demogame (Demogame II - first with BtS) was my first.

New guy here -- never done this before, but it seems really interesting. I would like to join and see what its all about.

I don't have any multiplayer experience, but I am a Monarch/Emperor player.

Well then welcome to the team and hopefully you'll learn plenty of multiplayer. You'll find that you can apply lots of single player concepts to multiplayer (and, of course, some other concepts that wouldn't work so well ;) ).

I play emperor single player, no MP experience at all. I'd love to play a part in this team.

Excellent! Welcome! :goodjob:

I'd like to join too. I was kind of around Team Saturn in the last one for a while, but things were looking so hopeless....hehe. Hopefully this one will be better.

I'm much like Ceiliazul; Emperor SP player, no MP experience at all really. I'll also need to learn exactly how pitboss works...

Yes, hopefully we perform better than the team I was on last demogame. To be fair, though, we had the worst start. However we also made a questionable decision by researching Code of Laws.

Sign me up please! I didn't play multiplayer games at all, but I'm fairly sure that I could be of some help. I don't know if this is a problem or not but my laptop burned down from playing a lot of civ (and I'm not kidding), so I probably won't be able to be turn player at the begining, but I think I would join sometime later. I'm very eager to see about this whole process, and the only reason why I chose this team because there is less people than in Lord Parkin's team :D! I also see that there is a lot of newcommers so I think that our combined rookey experience in MP games could be combined into glorious victory!!!

Don't worry about not being able to be a turnplayer. You'll still be able to participate in our forums, and the turnplayer will definitely have plenty of screenshots for you to look at.

I hope our rookie experiences will mesh well too. I have not played as much multiplayer as Lord Parkin.

What the heck. I'll give it a try. :>)) Sounds like it could be fun.

Zero experience with multi-player games, and in all honesty am a huge diplomatic player, but want to try something new.

This game is all about diplomacy - so you should feel right at home! :goodjob:

I'm not sure single-player diplomacy resembles the multiplayer kind. Check out this report by Sullla from a different diplo game.

I've read that entire thing (yes, including the Templars letter!). I'm hoping that I can at least attempt to match team RB's demographic analysis. I probably won't but I'll make a shot.

I would like to join the team. I can usually win against the computer on immortal difficulty. I prefer a mixed economy combined with a clubs/arrows blockade, then swords/axes-aggressive, then rifle-aggressive military expansion. I also apply triangle-diplomacy (but this is useless in MP games).

Post-emancipation, I'm equally comfortable with state property or corp-spamming free market. State property if military expansion is both crippling the economy and more guns are needed -- FM if military expansion is slower and GPs are available.

My preferred leaders are Elizabeth, Washington, Monte, Alexander, Gandhi, Mansa Musa, and Suleiman in no particular order. Also, I can play any leader to a win, I just enjoy playing these leaders/civs the most.

I've played a couple of MP games, but not many. I'm familiar with most starting MP strats though.

So, overall, I'm a fairly aggressive player with a good understanding of late-beginning to end-game tactics and strategies. I would be just as comfortable directing military tactics as I would be city management.

Welcome welcome welcome! :goodjob:

Triangle diplomacy isn't completely useless in multiplayer. In the last demogame, there was a loose triangle diplomacy between Team MadScientists, Team Cavalieros, and Team Kazakhstan.

---------

Wow, this is very good news! :goodjob: I've added about ten new players today!

This bodes well for a team pitboss game. My only worry is getting a host. I suppose I could do it but I'd have to leave my computer on all the time (right?).

Wow DMOC, your member count must have tripled overnight. Well done! :goodjob:

My rough estimate would say perhaps a month before actual gaming time starts. Of course, we'd have plenty of planning to do prior to that, not to mention hopefully an additional private team pitboss.
My guess is a bit more optimistic, we should be going by April (I hope). :)

This bodes well for a team pitboss game. My only worry is getting a host. I suppose I could do it but I'd have to leave my computer on all the time (right?).
Yeah, you would. I think generally the best thing to do is to have an older computer that can function as a server, so your newer one isn't taking the load of that while you're trying to do other things.

My household owns 8 computers, but I only own 1 myself (the computer I use for games as well as schoolwork) since the rest belong to other family members. If I were to host it'd have to be my own computer. Hopefully it'll work out.

Yes, I liked seeing the member count. :goodjob:

April 1st (or close to it) ... are you sure you weren't kidding with that guess? ;)

Heh, forgot about April Fools Day. But yeah, I was serious. (Though perhaps a little optimistic. We'll see.) ;)

My household owns 8 computers, but I only own 1 myself (the computer I use for games as well as schoolwork) since the rest belong to other family members. If I were to host it'd have to be my own computer. Hopefully it'll work out.

Yes, I liked seeing the member count. :goodjob:

April 1st (or close to it) ... are you sure you weren't kidding with that guess? ;)

Judging by the number of computers in your household, you could make your family team if you teach everyone to the finer points of this great game:crazyeye:.

Thanks for having me on the team. I hope to have computer up and running since I would really like to try out team pitboss game. I'm emperor/monarch player myself, so I think it would be nice to see how would I do against other similar level players.

Also I don't know if the decision is made about how many civs we would control, but I really think that option with two civs per team would be great to explore (I never tried it in SP since I figured that if I can beat them on my level with one, why would I need two?).

Now we are on team, do we get jersey with number on it? I was number 12 back in the days when I was playing volleyball.

Top Bottom