Team MAVERICKS

DMOC

Mathematician
Team Mavericks

Hi everyone! We needed a fourth team for the Demogame, so I decided to start one. :goodjob: Please be aware that the name "Mavericks" is just a placeholder, and that we can decide on any team name by using polls in our forums once the game gets rolling.

F.A.Q.

What is Our Aim?: It's simple: win the demogame game by using maximum participation from all of our team members. Any team member (of any Civ IV difficulty level) should not be afraid to speak his or her opinion on the matter at hand, and we will make decisions by democratic votes and polls within our forum. We hope that in polls, people will not only vote, but comment on why they voted as they did, which allows us as a whole to see the opposing viewpoints of our team members.

Who Plays the Turns?: Basically, anyone can play the turns on our team. We will have no hard and fast limits on who can log in our game, as our team password will likely be displayed on our forum in a "stickied" topic. However, if someone is going to play turns without having played them before, it would probably be wise if he or she let the rest of the team know, just so that we don't experience a conflict when two or more people want to play simultaneously. What we're hoping is to have at least 2-3 consistent turnplayers, which means that any of those 2-3 can play the turns once they are able to. Novice players should realize, though, that in a critical, game-breaking situation, it's probably best to let an expert or veteran player perform the turn.

What Will the Turn Player be Expected to do?: The turn player's primary duty is to play out our current turn as skillfully as possible with respect to our team's strategy as a whole. In addition, we hope (but we won't require) that at least one screenshot will be taken per turn. Understandably, the beginning of the game won't have much discussion, but there should still be screenshots taken of the starting location, nearby surroundings, as well as demographics for analysis. The third duty that the turnplayer is expected to perform is to post a report in our forum as promptly as possible, and the next question explores this in greater depth. We hope that the turn player can post sufficient information that the team can understand how the turn was played and provide input and suggestions easily.

How Will the Forum be Structured?: We'll have one general topic where team members can introduce each other and state how much experience and knowledge of Civ 4 they possess. Another long, general topic will be the "Turn Discussion Thread," where the turnplayer at that time will be expected to post screenshots for every turn, while team members state their opinions on how the team should progress in the turns to follow. In addition to a general turn discussion thread, we'll have a "Turn Tracker Thread," where the turnplayer posts turn reports ONLY with no additional responses or feedback from members (which goes in the Turn Discussion Thread). This allows team members to easily see our progress without getting cluttered by the additional posts from our team members. We will also have diplomacy threads for each of our opponents, where we'll be able to record messages and plan out trades (or war ;)) with the team in question. Lastly, we'll probably have a general topic related to an intra-team pitboss game. See the second-to-last question for more detail on this.

Will we Have Foreign Diplomats?: If possible, we'll try to set at least 1-2 players to be ambassadors, who send and receive messages from other teams and handle the vast majority of our foreign diplomacy. Diplomats must be active members, though, and let the team know if they will not be available for a certaim time period. Please be aware, though, that anyone is free to check messages sent by other teams via our team email (assuming team communication is similar to the first Demo Game), not just the diplomats. :) A probable requirement for diplomats is that they be proficient in the English language. If we cannot get members to act as diplomats, then anyone checking the team email should probably post on our forum if we receive an important message.

Intra-team Pitboss?: If possible, we will set up an intra-team pitboss game where team members can sign up and play a game with each other, honing our skills and strengthening our team bond as a whole. A map host will be needed before we can start out an intra-team pitboss game, so if anyone knows of a willing host, please let the team know. Map settings will be discussed later once we get a team set up.

What is the Team Roster?:

1. DMOC
  2. BobRoberts
  3. Nakor
  4. Niklas
  5. Chimera1804
  6. Aline
  7. bobbyboy29
  8. Tsjernobyl
  9. The Mike
  10. Ceiliazul
  11. v8_mark
  12. ahmedhadzi
  13. TheEnforcer
  14. NukeAJS
  15. civ editor11
  16. Uncle_Cheesedog
  17. FarbrorKudde
  18. obsolete
  19. Schmieds
  20. Backwards Logic
  21. Snaaty
  22. Sweetacshon
  23. Ischenous
  24. ???

Anyone who is interested can sign up. :goodjob:

Nice work on putting this together. I wish you luck in finding a team. :D

I must admit though, when I saw the name it made me wonder if this would be some sort of politically based team. I guess that word has just been way overused by politicians lately. ;)

I'd be interested in signing up for this team... Who could say no to a picture like that!

I comfortably play single player at emperor. The sum total of my MP experience is a couple of PBEM games! Have been following the RB pitboss for a while and have read a fair bit of MP text.

I'd be interested in signing up for this team... Who could say no to a picture like that!

I comfortably play single player at emperor. The sum total of my MP experience is a couple of PBEM games! Have been following the RB pitboss for a while and have read a fair bit of MP text.

Welcome to the team! :goodjob:

Sign me up as well, DMOC!

Welcome to the team! :goodjob: Now we're on 2 teams together!

Ouch Hard choice Lord parkin or DMOC xD damn it... :)

Pick whichever one is first in alphabetical order. ;)

Pick whichever one is first in alphabetical order. ;)
Or pick whichever one was first in chronological order (joining the forums). :p

Seriously, it doesn't matter too much who you join with, Toch - just flip a coin if you want. It sounds like both DMOC's team and mine will be run in fairly similar ways anyway. :)

Cheers for the signup, glad to be on board!

There won't be any losing going on round here. :)

It's a good name!

[Filthy European]
It's chosen after one of those American sports, isn't it? Not the one that's a bit like cricket, not the rugby one with cool armour, but the one with the very tall people?
[/Filthy European]

I'd like to join.

Top Bottom