Tech Tree Discussion

OK, that's fine. I meant, could you postpone adding new techs that are not in my modmod, such as these origami techs, until after the weekend?

How are we doing as far as getting the later game gateway techs in place as we go here?

Are we yet at a point where the x grid is stable so I can work on the cost charts?

I've not seen any gateway Tech after Modern. Color changes though for each new era. I'll need a tech count soon too.

How are we doing as far as getting the later game gateway techs in place as we go here?

Are we yet at a point where the x grid is stable so I can work on the cost charts?

I did not want to move anything because for one pepper needs to review all the techs to amke sure I did them right. And secondly its very hard to add in gatway techs later on without just adding a new column. And that would mess up the numbering as well.

So I think the tech locations are stable for now. Excluding all the Transcendent Era that I have to add.

just adding a new column. And that would mess up the numbering as well
I assume we WOULD add a new column. How would that mess up the numbering? I mean, sure all techs past that column need to have their X grid added by one when you insert a column but with find and replace commands, that's pretty easily done in notepad++, or even if you just search for all x grids in a given amount, and going through and adding 1 to them by hand, starting from the highest and moving backwards through them until the column you're inserting, wouldn't take that long.

If you are concerned about the DOING of this, just let me know where to insert new columns. I'd find this pretty easy.

All Transcendent Era have been added. So now all techs from the space mod should be in the core.

Pepper when you return it is ready for you to check over. I know there might be some issues with the preexisting galactic era tech reqs and your mod. A few of them I was not sure about. Preexisting Cosmic and Transcendent should be fine I think. Oh and some tech costs might need looking at for preexisting techs that your altered.

Excellent; I am very glad to see this coming together. At the moment it looks OK, though I will have to wait until Saturday to take a close look and try to add a few more.

Things look mostly good. One question on my mind is whether we are satisfied with the formula for tech costs in the late game. It seems to work OK in my own testing.

As of SVN 9555, all future techs I have planned have been added.

Let me know where I need to insert new columns for the gateway techs. The cost chart will be adjusted thereafter but it shouldn't be THAT far off the original.

For the most part I am happy with where the era boundaries are. Didn't you say that you would like to move the Atomic/Information boundary a few columns earlier? That sounds fine to me. As it is now, new eras start at columns 86, 98, 108, 120, 133, 143 and 154 (Future).

For the most part I am happy with where the era boundaries are. Didn't you say that you would like to move the Atomic/Information boundary a few columns earlier? That sounds fine to me. As it is now, new eras start at columns 86, 98, 108, 120, 133, 143 and 154 (Future).

First I think we are keeping the name "Modern" instead of Atomic. It starts with WWI and end with the start of the Internet. Right now the Modern Era uses 15 columns. And the Information Era uses 12 columns. If we moved the Information era over it would be at X82 probably. This would add 4 columns to the Information era (which becomes 16 columns) and removes 4 from the Modern (becomes 11 columns). If I put in a Gateway tech there I will have to see how I want to move things around or if we just want to add a new column.

At any rate, like i said before look at the requirements for existing techs that got tweaks from your mod. Especially ones in the Early Galactic era. Some might be a little off in requirements. And I know the costs need to be fixed too for those.

Here is the online tech tree. I have been updating it. Let me know if anything is missing or in the wrong place.

C2C Tech Tree
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...U0VYjV3-Ki9N7LHY/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&gid=2#

Updated my signature with a link to the new tech tree.

Is this current?

If so then the tech count per era is:
Preh = 99
Ancient = 91 (190)
Classical = 60 (250)
Medieval = 54 (304)
Renaissance = 59 (363)
Industrial = 63 (426)
Modern = 95 (521)
Information = 80 (601)
Nanotech = 82 (683)
Transhuman = 74 (757)
Galactic = 63 (820)
Cosmic = 52 (872)
Trancendent = 51 (923)
Future = 1 (924) Total Techs

Any corrections? Changes?

There should only be one tech called "Future Tech" as it is used as the one that repeats at the end of the tree to allow you to keep playing. It should be called "Future Tech" with key TECH_FUTURE_TECH as C2C had all sorts of trouble when its name was changed.

There should only be one tech called "Future Tech" as it is used as the one that repeats at the end of the tree to allow you to keep playing. It should be called "Future Tech" with key TECH_FUTURE_TECH as C2C had all sorts of trouble when its name was changed.

Glad you brought this up. :thumbsup:

Is this current?

If so then the tech count per era is:
Preh = 99
Ancient = 91 (190)
Classical = 60 (250)
Medieval = 54 (304)
Renaissance = 59 (363)
Industrial = 63 (426)
Modern = 95 (521)
Information = 80 (601)
Nanotech = 82 (683)
Transhuman = 74 (757)
Galactic = 63 (820)
Cosmic = 52 (872)
Trancendent = 51 (923)
Future = 1 (924) Total Techs

Any corrections? Changes?
We still have a few gateway techs to add very soon. Ill be making the room for those.

Top Bottom