Term 2 - Commander of the Armed Forces: Dawn of War

Originally Posted by ali
I feel that I must point out that this is a completely 180 degrees on one of your election promises "A war against the Dutch, possibly eather eliminate them or force them to become a landlocked nation.
CG. I belive this lead to a number of ppl voting for you u are now using the reasons that i advocated for an invasion for india and not following up on your promise to attack the dutch 1st as implied.

save it for the next election and then attack him with it. :)

I can understand that the External Affairs office may have forced u into this present situation but why make promises u cannot make nor keep? I apolgise for any offence but I feel due to this promise you were able to rack more voters at the time and now u imply that we are miliariliy incapable for an attack against the Dutch without 1st attacking india all of which i had predicted, perhaps more coorindation is needed with the other depts before making any undue promises.....let us leave it as it is.....so be it till the next election

ali said:
I can understand that the External Affairs office may have forced u into this present situation but why make promises u cannot make nor keep? I apolgise for any offence but I feel due to this promise you were able to rack more voters at the time and now u imply that we are miliariliy incapable for an attack against the Dutch without 1st attacking india all of which i had predicted, perhaps more coorindation is needed with the other depts before making any undue promises.....let us leave it as it is.....so be it till the next election

I have full intentions of keeping the promise of a Dutch war to make it a reality. I dont want to hear any more of this.

@ Nobody - Please dont encurage him.

Hi CivGeneral,

For the upcoming Netherlands war, we will want to capture Ultrechect, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, The Hague, Holwerd, & Arnhem. After we take these six cities we will assess the situation, and there's a high probability we'll offer the Netherlands peace. We might not, however, so of course you'll need to plan for that possibility.

FYI, the next war on tap will be with Portugal, and I'd like that to commence no later than the year 0. We'll need to transport some of our troops from the Dutch war northwards on ships, so you may want to estimate how many galleys you'll need and ask the Governor to start building some.

Thanks!

Commander,

I saw in the poll thread for the dutch war that you want to draw your plans after the poll closes. May I suggest you reconsider and provide a plan before the next TC (which is tomorrow I believe).

Perhaps it is possible to make a plan that first takes care of the limited objective, and then moves on to the remaining targets? This would cover all possible outcomes of the poll (except "other" or "abstain").

Oh, and actually it is now 7 cities (add Groningen).

Dear Commander,

I've started THIS DISCUSSION on how we will transport troops in our future war to obtain the Great Pyramids. Troops logistics are of course your responsibility. However, should you decide you'd like to transport all or some of the troops overland, that will require ROPs, which of course are the responsibility of the External Consulate. I started the thread only to expediate discussion of this, and certainly invite you to contribute as the discussion is more about your affairs than mine.

Thanks!

Top Bottom