Term 6 - The North Province

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayor Paalikles,

Thank you for reading my proposal and I appreciate your concern. Unfortunately, this Golden Age was thrust upon us and I needed to come up with a quick plan to quickly enhance our position during this brief era.

While I believe Cyc and I have great plans for Naerva in the future, short-term needs dictate that we use our workers to enhance many troubled areas throughout Fanatika. Therefore, it will be hard to pledge your great city the care it deserves at this time. A Factory in Naerva will guarantee that your city is a great shield contributor, even at Size 6. And waiting to build the aqueduct will allow us the time to properly develop the region for future growth.

As far as Rifles are concerned -- I need a few cities to produce them so that we can offset some of the pikeman disbands that will happen. We need the upgraded defenses to take the place of those units, or else our defense will be spread too thin.

Please do not consider this as my ignoring your proposal. Your voice has been heard. In due time, I can assure you that Naerva will enjoy the growth it deserves.

Donovan Zoi
Domestic Leader

People of The North Province! We have completed the Wonder - Military Academy. Hopefully, by next term we will be producing a string of glorious Armies for Fanatika. Be sure and stop by for the Grand Tour and let the kids get a General's Hat in the gift shop.

We're now working on huge Factories in our cities, thanks to the Industrial Age. This will make our province a very productive one, indeed. There will be jobs galore in The North Province. At this time I would recommend students entiring the University to study Earth Sciences, especially Ecology. New Mass Transit Systems will also be in our future, so Engineers will be needed.

At this time, I would like to formally welcome the cities of Columbia and Jedina into The North Province family. We are already proud of our new additions and this pride will only grow.

That's it! Beer is on the House.

Thank you Lord Shaitan. Good luck in the Rhineland, it's a fine land. There's nothing like a good Rhein (I mean Rhine) wine, in my opinion.

this has been a message from

Paalikles
worried mayor of Naerva

Mayor Paalikles, I'm sorry if it seems I have ignored you. I haven't. I have beeen very busy with matters of the State. I see the Domestic Leader has given you a reply to your original statement. I'm glad he did this as it gave me a little more time to deal with other matters, although none of them were more important than you and your concerns. :)

Also, I had posted build queues for the 2/20 t/c that included a Factory and an Aqueduct for Naerva. In fact, because of my discussions with DZ, Naerva is first on my handwritten notes. I can see the Aqueduct as a priority for you, and the Aqueduct WAS first on the list before the GA showed up. I believe if we can secure the Factory during this time, the building of the Aqueduct afterwards will not vastly affect the growth of the city. If you have read my other writings, you will notice that in the long run, Naerva will grow to be more of a productive city than Valhalla. This will be quite an accomplishment, and I will be VERY proud of your city when this happens. But that is in the future, and the Factory will help us get there. Rest assured, I am looking after the needs of your peopole. Thank you for staying involved with Provincial/City matters.

Cyc

Build Queue Instructions, Worker Actions, and Micromanagement have been updated.

Congratulations on completing the wonder

@DZ: Your planning sounds good to me :goodjob:
While I'd rather see that peaceful development was our priority, rather than expanding military, I see now that my perspective on the matter was a bit narrow. The needs of the many must outweigh the needs of the few...

on the "ignore" part: bad choice of words ;)

@Cyc: You are always hard at work for the benefit of the people, making this thread a of information for the citizens of the north province :goodjob:

@production: Now where would our nation go if there was no discussion on important descissions. ;)
I agree on short term/long term planning for Naerva's growth of course - perhaps my post was in too dramatic words.

I enjoy being a mayor in this great province, and it is great to see that our officials carefully present information on the continuous development of the North Province.

Edited to include lots of regional patriotism

People of The North Province and those from all over Fanatika! This is a time of celebration. With the completion of the Wonder - Military Academy and the new rail system running through our fine Province, what could be a better reason to party?

We here at the Province capital are going to sieze this opportunity and try to bring you a little happiness. Tomorrow at the Capital Building Grounds, we will be serving coffee and Blueberry Muffins (purchased from the Backerei des Plexus) all morning. In the afternoon, I'm bringing in a couple of sides of prime smoked beef and vegetables and all sorts of tortillas (also purchased from the Backerei des Plexus), so we'll have all sorts of tacos and burritos. The beer of course is on the house. We'll have some ice and snow brought in from the Tundra to keep it cold, too. So come on down and kick yer heels up awhile.

If you're from out of town, jump on the train to Kuhkaff. If your a local, we hope to see you there. Come by anytime and take the trolley out to see the new Military Academy. See ya tomorrow!

* Cyc oversees the celebration from the Capital Building steps. The games the children played, people eating, talking, music playing. What a good day in Kuhkaff. *

In response to you Size 12 woes:

Kuhkaff is currently at risk for starvation due to pollution within its city radius, not because of the growth it deserves. Please check your facts before spreading misinformation throughout the forums. BTW, please read my reply to you in the Domestic thread. In it you will find my apology for the laborer mix-up.

@DZ - In response to you Size 12 woes:

Fixing the pollution in Kuhkaff city limits is not going to increase the SPT beyond 52 by any means. Once the pollution is fixed, we will be able to take one of the laborers of the grasslands and put it on the irrigated grasslands, giving us an additional food. As will will only gain one food, I don't see your point (Kuhkaff is not starving at this point, only no growth). Now if we moved the laborer to the irrigated grasslands PLUS tried to use the roaded mountain, that would drop us down to a minus 1 food supply. So with or without the pollution, Kuhkaff will not be able to exceed 52spt at size 12. It would be able to reach 58spt (after the mine on the mountain is done) at size 11.

Please check your facts before spreading misinformation throughout the forums. Oh, and thank you for the apology.

It sure is, Cyc. That railed grassland is worth 4 food. So you will be able to do exactly what you said at 0 growth, and enjoy the benefits of the mine once it arrives. I would actually consider irrigating the other railed grassland(or you can mine that one and irrigate one of the unworked grasslands) to ensure that there is enough food available should pollution strike again.

And now that I think of it, the laborer movement was likely automatic due to the pollution. Those two unworked grasslands were not ordered by me.

Oh, well, it's a little late for damage control now, don't you think? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom