Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Daveshack

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DaveShack said:
Since amendments derive from citizen input, it is difficult to say what the final form might take. ;)

Didn't see a pledge there though. :rolleyes:

Given your first remark above it doesn't seem like you're offering much. Besides, there were already a couple other 'yes' votes in that poll last time I looked. Didn't ssem fair to take you up on your offer then. Also, I would like to point out that while citizen's must vote on amendments there is nothing whatsoever wrong with a single individual drafting and trying to pass an amendment of his own - without other citizen input prior to voting on it.

How about we try continuing the discussion about allowing private initiatives and include the official / binding discussion there since it is the crux of the dispute. From there we can we what developes.

Also, I'd really like to know what the census would have been if DaveShack and I had not both run for Censor. It sure looks like the scenario of having absolutely zero contested elections is a distinct possibility. Would the census then be zero? What impact would that have on passing amendments? This is definately relevant if we decide we want to change any laws this term.

donsig said:
Also, I'd really like to know what the census would have been if DaveShack and I had not both run for Censor. It sure looks like the scenario of having absolutely zero contested elections is a distinct possibility. Would the census then be zero? What impact would that have on passing amendments? This is definately relevant if we decide we want to change any laws this term.

This is a good question. The DP election registers a number of citizens who have voted that could be used for a census, but is not technically a "contested" election because DP isn't technically an "elected office". It appears the answer to that question is that we wouldn't have a census if it were calculated in the traditional way.

Correct me if I'm wrong (don't really need to encourage anyone on that score :lol: ) but our current laws don't have any actual dependencies on a census. The Constitution amendment process requires 60% voting yes with no minimum, and says no lower form of law can require more. When discussing a previously proposed amendment we pretty conclusively proved that a census-related law would conflict with the Constitution.

An alternative method of calculating the census would be to count the number of accepted nominations, since at least that many people have confimed they're still here. :crazyeye:

I would like to add my congratulations to our New Censor as well.

Congratulations DaveShack!

Top Bottom