Terrain

Yeah, post the secret and I can apply it to the 3d tube graphic I've already made!

He better makes a move on or he'll get a golden bullet instead of a lead one for a raise. :doitnow!:

Okay... how about a double mention in the credits list? Once in the Graphics section and another in the xml section? :mischief:

Patience my friends. I have yet to test it myself. (will do so tonight)
Sorry guys but I am still working on it. I was a little tired last to do do to much work on it.

I have noticed some weird things though that might mean my hunch may not work. :scared:

okay i let you guys in on my hunch.

In order to get 3d railroads and roads to work we need to make sure no building and the railroad are drawn in the same spot.
The CIV4PlotLSystem.xml controls were building are ploted on the map an insures there are no conflicts. By insuring all of our buildings are listed properly in this file we should be able to prevent conflicts with roads and railroads.

I am currently trying to figure out exactly how this file works. I have figured out the basics but there are a number of things that are still confusing me.

The thing that worries me is that by looking a screen shot from vanilla civs there seems to be the odd buildings on the road which shouldn't be there.

All the more reason to have more empty spots in the city and also not have too many buildings represented graphically. Would this help?

All the more reason to have more empty spots in the city and also not have too many buildings represented graphically. Would this help?

Yes, that probably would help, though cities uses the CIV4CityLSystem.xml file which is structured a little differently. I am hoping I can do cities similar to none city plots though I have other ideas if I can't get cities to cooperate.

Maybe when the maglev encounters a building it could be made to rise up over it? :p

Top Bottom