Terrain

Terrain Features (forests, jungles, ice, floodplains) are no longer hard coded in BtS, they can be renamed and added as desired.

plot types (flat/hills/peaks) are still hard coded however.

In that case I would like to change those to proper feature type names as well. That way we don't have to keep trake of what feature type represents what feature.

You might have to wait till tomorrow before doing the events pretaining to terrains and features. I will be messing around with terrains and features a bit tonight.

In that case I would like to change those to proper feature type names as well. That way we don't have to keep trake of what feature type represents what feature.

You might have to wait till tomorrow before doing the events pretaining to terrains and features. I will be messing around with terrains and features a bit tonight.

I set most to not needing either and gave them future tech. I'll be able to add the correct lines in as we come up with events.

The new terrain is growing on me. My main gripes are:

1 - The basic hill terrain is too bumpy. New buildings and such are showing up buried, which might be realistic, but it looks crappy.
2 - The craters are definitely unfinished and too tall, but I like the wall they look on the mapview.

matt - How easy is it to lower the hills?

The new terrain is growing on me. My main gripes are:

You can't mean the artwork. I can't stand looking at it myself. (I should have spent more time at at but I just wanted something that I could do quickly)

1 - The basic hill terrain is too bumpy. New buildings and such are showing up buried, which might be realistic, but it looks crappy.
2 - The craters are definitely unfinished and too tall, but I like the wall they look on the mapview.

matt - How easy is it to lower the hills?

lowering the hills shouldn't be to difficult. You just have to darken all the high maps (or is it lighten?) Don't expect me to do it anytime soon though.

I really liked the crater winddelay made and it would work well for crater rims. I am also hoping winddelay will make some models for the cratered terrain as well. (with varing models the way forests are done)

You can't mean the artwork. I can't stand looking at it myself. (I should have spent more time at at but I just wanted something that I could do quickly)

The shapes and layout, not the texture. :)

lowering the hills shouldn't be to difficult. You just have to darken all the high maps (or is it lighten?) Don't expect me to do it anytime soon though.

I really liked the crater winddelay made and it would work well for crater rims. I am also hoping winddelay will make some models for the cratered terrain as well. (with varing models the way forests are done)

I hope AA or winddelay can handle that then. I don't know much about height maps.

Matt, I can do that, If I can find the time... Sounds like fun, so I'll put it high on my list. I'm starting to put most of my other projects to bed.

woodelf, I need you to pm me the link to the current build...

Well, I'll send you the Master build, but Geo has an additional file somewhere in the updates or XML thread. I also have an additional file, but need to remove the buggy ArtDefines change I made.

Top Bottom