• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

tesbs additional items

thanks, should be fully merged now. Your fix should also work for patch 7.56

and here is was, thinking all bugs were fixed :(

@sephi: there is bug in the Cathaphract Horse Armor
the line:

<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GEAR_CATAPHRACT_HOR SE_ARMOR</Description>

should read

<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GEAR_CATAPHRACT_HORSE_ARMOR</Description>

(remove the space in horse)

damn typos

and here is was, thinking all bugs were fixed :(

@sephi: there is bug in the Cathaphract Horse Armor
the line:

<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GEAR_CATAPHRACT_HOR SE_ARMOR</Description>

should read

<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GEAR_CATAPHRACT_HORSE_ARMOR</Description>

(remove the space in horse)

damn typos

Sephi,

I got this one.

Emperyian Temple / Adv. Guild --> Armor of something something that allows wearer to see invisible units. Does not work in lands where Esus has holy city structure built. Probably as intended otherwise it would be too powerful, I think, for 100g only.

I also fixed it, don't know if it is in the SVN yet.

Yes its fixed, i had just updated SVN and when i searched I couldnt find the problem, so I assumed you had beat me to it.

Now that my DSL is back up I will try to grab the "xml" "text" bugs as they are posted.

I will post a "got it" so you know I am on the job. or just send the post to me if you see im not on the job, i will get to them as quick as i can

since my current project (the aristrakh) is in sephis hands (they need their python code) i make a long overdue update to the items :)

hey tesb maybe you could work your magic some more and provide us with Dimensional magic spells?

I mean it really sucks to be missing one sphere of mana that's supposed to be there. would be a perfect bundle with the further flavoured sheaim...

I don't know if sephi wants an other magic sphere, so i tied the spell to items instead of mana. Although i could see the new manatype dimensional mana. (passive bonus would increase the lifetime of summons by one, increase the summoning rate of sheaim planar gates or change the amount of summons you can have per caster)

Anyhow here are the new items:

Tome of Dimensional Magic II
Available for: Sheaim, Infernal, Grigori, Amurites and Sidar
Costs: 250 Gold
Requires: Mage Guild or Wizards Hall and Adv. Guild, further requires sorcery technology and an adept with channeling II (i.e. mage or archmage).
Enables: Nethersword

The Nethersword is a spell which can only be cast when next to an enemy. The spell actually summons a sword (5/1) which will attack the nearest enemy and die in combat, so code-wise it is a summon, but game-play-wise it is spell. (I used a grigori dragon slayer for the model made the body invisible via alpha channel and gave him a vampire sword with black glow). Basically when you cast the spell you will only see a black glowing sword attacking.

Tome of Dimensional Magic III
Costs: 1500 Gold
Requires: Mage Guild or Wizards Hall and Adv. Guild, further requires passage through the ether technology and an adept with channeling III (i.e. archmage).
Enables: Teleport Assault

Teleport Assault is a spell available to all melee units in the same stack with archmage with the tome. The archmage actually does not gain any new abilities. Teleport Assault can only be casted when next to an enemy and applies the teleport assault promotion which makes the unit immune to defensive and first strikes and also building defense and gives 4 firstrikes. The promotion is removed after combat and after one turn. The unit is ai controlled to simulate the assault. Basically you put an archmage with the tome in your stack and once an enemy is next to the stack all your melee units can cast the spell. If you decide to cast the spell the unit will attack with the bonuses described above. (only once per turn)

Both spells work great in my test games i only need to make button art for them. I also need an idea for spell of dimensional magic I. What i have thought of so far is give it a mechanic akin to teleport assault, but instead of attacking the unit is teleported back to the palace. So as long as you have an adept, mage or archmage in your stack you can teleport every unit you like back to your palace even your whole stack, if the tome carrier teleports last. Any suggestions are welcome i will upload the files for tome II and III in a moment when i made the button art.

Button Art:
Spoiler :

from left to right:
dimension magic I, II and III, teleport assault, nethersword

Files are in the attachment.

The Nethersword is a spell which can only be cast when next to an enemy. The spell actually summons a sword (5/1) which will attack the nearest enemy and die in combat, so code-wise it is a summon, but game-play-wise it is spell. (I used a grigori dragon slayer for the model made the body invisible via alpha channel and gave him a vampire sword with black glow). Basically when you cast the spell you will only see a black glowing sword attacking.

So this is like a AI-controlled Fireball? Cool.

Enables: Teleport Assault

Teleport Assault is a spell available to all melee units in the same stack with archmage with the tome.

Why not make Teleport Assault an Archmage spell which give promotion for Melee units only (with effects as you describe)? Less micro-management this way. But of course, this means that all melee units in the Archmage stack will be affected by the spell.

I also need an idea for spell of dimensional magic I. What i have thought of so far is give it a mechanic akin to teleport assault, but instead of attacking the unit is teleported back to the palace. So as long as you have an adept, mage or archmage in your stack you can teleport every unit you like back to your palace even your whole stack, if the tome carrier teleports last.

One adept and you can cast Escape (as in Amurites' Chanter IIRC) for all of your units in the stack? That would be too powerfull for level 1, IMHO. You might switch the Netherblade to level 1 (and reduce its attack strength) and move this into level 2.

Any suggestions are welcome i will upload the files for tome II and III in a moment when i made the button art.

Nice buttons! I always wondering, where did you get those buttons (here and in your further flavoured civs). If you created them, then you are very good! :goodjob:

May I steal them (the buttons and the spells) sometimes in the future? :p

those buttons i stole myself, the only one that got a bit of work into it was the sword. the buttons for the further flavored civs are whole different story, i actually poured much more work into them. (the most work has gone into textures though). You are free to steal everything you like :)
For example the forlorn vault was just a picture from the movie Beowulf combined with a other picture and a lot of filters. The skeleton buttons i used two or three pictures at once combined them and made a lot of changes manually pixel by pixel :)

Why not make Teleport Assault an Archmage spell which give promotion for Melee units only (with effects as you describe)? Less micro-management this way. But of course, this means that all melee units in the Archmage stack will be affected by the spell.

that is precisely the reason. let's go through an example:
let us assume you have a stack of 1 archmage with the tome and 10 champions, and you are facing 2 adepts. now there are the two scenarios:
1) the spell affects all melee units: two champions will actually teleport assault the adepts and kill them, but the rest will move somewhere else (because the ai wants to kill for one turn). This is just too erratic in my opinion, also you may not want to attack with all units, maybe you have some weak ones in your stack, this would force you to remove them out of the stack first, adding unnecessary micromanagement.

2) the spell works like i implemented it: you are only able to teleport assault with 2 champions, after the adapts are killed no more teleport assault is possible. while you have to teleport assault each unit individually this seems more realistic. also keep in mind that you can give many troops the same order if you select them at once (strg + left klick the champions -> teleport assault, two will attack). imho that is the better solution (it was my second choice i first implemented it like you suggested)

One adept and you can cast Escape (as in Amurites' Chanter IIRC) for all of your units in the stack? That would be too powerfull for level 1, IMHO. You might switch the Netherblade to level 1 (and reduce its attack strength) and move this into level 2.

that i might do, but I would really like to see a different (new) mechanic for the remaining spell.

ideas for for the tier one spell:
Dimensional Gate: Summons a creature based on you alignment (a succubus style creature for evil, a einherijar style creature for good and third creature i have not thought of yet for neutral civilizations). Those would be permanent summons (i.e. not stronger then a skeleton). However i don't know if this would be possible (the alignment requirement), if sephi or someone else would provide me with the pythonprereq i will make those spells.

Furthermore i add the ability to teleport to the palace to all units within the stack of an archmage with dimensional magic III, so you can do two things: teleport assault or travel home.

Edit: i added the tags promotionnextlevel and changed the names to dimensional magic I to III, so it will behave like any other magic sphere promotion.

i will make the tier one spell the following:
evil civ: planar binding (summons a lesser succubus -> permanent 2/2 with aptitude for entropy and chaos)
good civ: planar binding (summons one einherijar -> permanent 1/1 with aptitude for law, life and spirit)
neutral civ: banish (works like destroy undead (perhaps a bit weaker) but damages summoned units)

@sephi/ modders i don't know if
1) the alignment prerequisite is possible
2) if banish could work, does the game know what unit is a summon and what unit is not? (If it does not know the difference i can make "summoned unit" promotion and all summoned units would start with it)

feedback is welcome as always :)

1.) I will add an alignment prereq tag for spells
2.) not really yet. Probably in the future

Sephi, i think it would be sufficient to alter the python requirement and python result of destroy undead so that it targets elementals, angels and demons instead of undead. I don't think banish should work on summoned tigers for example. An alternative i had thought of was to make it a buff that would give all units in the stack banishing weapons which would deal extra damage to angels, demons and elementals. I am currently making the button art for the spells so I will upload the files soon.

Edit: I will make both: Banish a lvl 3 spell, so your archmage has new spell too, not just the units in same stack and neutral tier 1 spell is a weapons buff that deals increased damage to angels, demons and elementals.

Dimensional Magic Overview:

Dimensional Magic I
Costs: 50 Gold
Requires: Mage Guild or Wizards Hall and Adv. Guild, further requires alterlaration technology and an adept with channeling I.
Enables: Planar Binding or Banishing Weapons based on alignment.*

Banishing Weapons gives a promotion with the same name to all melee, mounted, disciple and archer units in the stack. Increases the strength against elementals,angels and demons by 40%. Since i can only assign one PromotionCombatType per promotion the spell actually applies 3 promotions, but two will not show up in the pedia and they upgrade to the last one, i.e. you will only see one promotion on your units. this promotion has a help text displaying the full bonus of all three combined. Only neutral civilizations will have access to this spell.

Planar Binding is actually two spells. The one based on good alignment summons a permanent Guardian Angel which is a 1/1 unit that starts with angel and guardian promotion. he also as aptitude for life, law and spirit mana meaning he has a maximum strength of 4. He looks like a single host of einherijar.
The one based on evil alignment summons a permanent Lesser Demon which is a 2/2 unit starting with demon promotion and aptitude for entropy and chaos mana. This demon looks like a succubus.

Dimensional Magic II
Costs: 250 Gold
Requires: Mage Guild or Wizards Hall and Adv. Guild, further requires sorcery technology and an adept with channeling II (i.e. mage or archmage).

The Nethersword is a spell which can only be cast when next to an enemy. The spell actually summons a sword (4/1) which will attack the nearest enemy and die in combat, so code-wise it is a summon, but game-play-wise it is spell. (I used a grigori dragon slayer for the model made the body invisible via alpha channel and gave him a vampire sword with black glow). Basically when you cast the spell you will only see a black glowing sword attacking. It will also target the weakest unit in the stack and is immune to defensive and firstsrtikes. It is basically a light spell version of an assassin.

Dimensional Magic III
Costs: 1500 Gold
Requires: Mage Guild or Wizards Hall and Adv. Guild, further requires passage through the ether technology and an adept with channeling III (i.e. archmage).
Enables: Teleport Assault, Town Portal, Banish*

Teleport Assault is a spell available to all melee units in the same stack with an archmage with the promotion dimensional magic III. Teleport Assault can only be casted when next to an enemy and applies the teleport assault promotion which makes the unit immune to defensive and first strikes and also building defense and gives 4 firstrikes and combat strength against archers by 50%. The promotion is removed after combat and after one turn. The unit is ai controlled to simulate the assault. Basically you put an archmage with the tome in your stack and once an enemy is next to the stack all your melee units can cast the spell. If you decide to cast the spell the unit will attack with the bonuses described above. (only once per turn)

Town Portal works similar to teleport assault (i.e. it requires a unit with dimensional magic III), but instead of attacking it teleports your unit back to the palace.

Banish works like Destroy Undead, but targets Demons, Angels and Elementals.

Button Art:
Spoiler :

from left to right:
dimension magic I, II and III, teleport assault, nethersword

Spoiler :

from left to right:
Banish, Banishing Weapons, Town Portal, Evil Version of Planar Binding and finally the good version of Planar Binding.

==> replace all old files

Feedback is welcome :)

*the alignment prerequisite and banish does not currently work

Well done! I like all of your spells. I would love them more if you provide new units (or new skins) for the Guardian Angel and Lesser Demon :lol:

May I ask, why the nerf of Nether Sword? It was 5/1 in your previous post.

On Banishing Weapon : I never thought to do what you do (stacking 3 promos to provide +40% vs 3 race! Nice work-round :goodjob:!)

Oh yea, if you haven't already, how about Dimension III also provide Teleport Assault and Town Portal for the Archmage (not only units in his stack)?

May I ask, why the nerf of Nether Sword? It was 5/1 in your previous post.
i don't want to obsolete assassins, but when it turns out to be to weak i will change it.

how about Dimension III also provide Teleport Assault and Town Portal for the Archmage (not only units in his stack)?

Town portal should work for the archmage, teleport assault is a bit strange for an archmage to do :)

Top Bottom