tesbs tweaked spells

sephi i have a quick question:

i plan on also merging the promotions for shadowstep, embrace of elements*, protective shadows* and bravery.

i also added a modular promotionsinfo xml so that the basic enchantments upgrade to the merged ones, so the player can't abuse them (i.e. if you already have valor casted and cast bravery, bravery will replace valor ect.)

Spoiler :
Code:
<PromotionInfo>
            <Type>PROMOTION_VALOR</Type>	
				<PromotionNextLevel>PROMOTION_BRAVERY</PromotionNextLevel>
</PromotionInfo>

my question is regarding bravery, it will merge loyalty valor and courage, but in the xml the only effect loyalty gives is
<bImmuneToCapture>1</bImmuneToCapture>

but the wiki states that it makes it also harder for charm to succeed. if merge this line into the bravery promotion will it still make it harder for charm to succeed? if not i will only merge the promotion valor and courage into the promotion bravery and the spell bravery will add the promotion bravery + loyalty.

An overview so you don't get confused between spells and promotions:
==> spell bravery = spell valor + spell courage + spell loyalty
promotion bravery = promotion (valor + courage merged)

==> spell bravery adds: promotion bravery + promotion loyalty

* a similar problem arises with embrace of elements and protective shadows, the fair wind promotion applies only to naval units so the spell embrace of elements will add the promotions embrace of elements (fireshield + windwall merged) and fair winds and protective shadows will add protective shadows (shadowwalk + dance of blades + fireshield + windwall merged) + fair winds

final edit: i do this so the promotion screen on the units is not that cluttered

also what is up with the database errors?

sephi i have a quick question:

i plan on also merging the promotions for shadowstep, embrace of elements*, protective shadows* and bravery.

i also added a modular promotionsinfo xml so that the basic enchantments upgrade to the merged ones, so the player can't abuse them (i.e. if you already have valor casted and cast bravery, bravery will replace valor ect.)

Spoiler :
Code:
<PromotionInfo>
            <Type>PROMOTION_VALOR</Type>	
				<PromotionNextLevel>PROMOTION_BRAVERY</PromotionNextLevel>
</PromotionInfo>

my question is regarding bravery, it will merge loyalty valor and courage, but in the xml the only effect loyalty gives is
<bImmuneToCapture>1</bImmuneToCapture>

but the wiki states that it makes it also harder for charm to succeed. if merge this line into the bravery promotion will it still make it harder for charm to succeed? if not i will only merge the promotion valor and courage into the promotion bravery and the spell bravery will add the promotion bravery + loyalty.

An overview so you don't get confused between spells and promotions:
==> spell bravery = spell valor + spell courage + spell loyalty
promotion bravery = promotion (valor + courage merged)

==> spell bravery adds: promotion bravery + promotion loyalty

* a similar problem arises with embrace of elements and protective shadows, the fair wind promotion applies only to naval units so the spell embrace of elements will add the promotions embrace of elements (fireshield + windwall merged) and fair winds and protective shadows will add protective shadows (shadowwalk + dance of blades + fireshield + windwall merged) + fair winds

final edit: i do this so the promotion screen on the units is not that cluttered

also what is up with the database errors?

loyalty doesn't make charm harder to resist, wiki seems not up to date (like 3 or 4 years old :lol:)

PromotionNextLevel is only used in the pedia do display protions. try PromotionExcludes and PromotionReplacedBy instead. I think fairwinds promotion must be kept seperate because of different unitcombats

PromotionNextLevel is only used in the pedia do display protions. try PromotionExcludes and PromotionReplacedBy instead. I think fairwinds promotion must be kept seperate because of different unitcombats

thanks for the hint, <PromotionNextLevel> is quite sneaky the promotion is replaced but the effects are added

hm i tried

PromotionReplacedBy

and

PromotionExcludes

sadly those won't work for promotions applied by spells :(
i can still cast valor (with a second mage) and apply the valor promotion to units with bravery
similar to that units with the promotion valor will additionally gain bravery it is not replaced

i think those two tags only work for lvl up promotions :(

shall i abandon the idea to merge the promotions too and just stick with the spells?

no, I think this is very important. I will make sure PromotionReplacedBy and PromotionExcludes also work for Spells ;) Mostly because I think later we could use some stronger versions of Spells. For example a stronger version of enchanted blade that should replace the normal one.

:)

good, but please ensure that i can obsolete / replace more then one promotion the best way would be something akin to:
Code:
<Promotion[B]s[/B]ReplacedBy>
          <PromotionReplacedBy>Pormotion_X</PromotionReplacedBy>
          <PromotionReplaced>1</PromotionReplaced>
</Promotion[B]s[/B]ReplacedBy>

also i will wait with the merge of promotions until you implement the code, until then i will finish the spells, search for art, ect.

the promotionsfile in the equipment module makes heavy use of promotionsreplacedby and promotionsexcluded, lots of examples ;) and yes, you can add as many promotions in these tags as you want

Just make the XML when you have time and upload it and whatever doesn't work I will fix in the SDK. fixing SDK code is always much easier with examples, your first spellmerges (bravery ,etc.) were very helpful to get the obsoletedbySpell tag fully working. :)

ok if you wait maybe an hour or two i will upload the things i have :)

ok first here is the overview on what is done and what is still to be done:

Edit: the promotions are merged, the ring around the legend should be black

Spoiler :

Changes to earlier versions:
1) Haste + Regeneration = Rejuvenating Burst (Mutate was dropped) (needs BodyII and NatureI)
2) Summon Wraith obsoletes Summon Spectre,

Current Issues:
1) sunrise needs a new python prereq
2) new art needs to be found
3) the promotion art like bravery shows as a pink field when units are enchanted with it (like fireshield and windwall in recent patches)
4) the tag <PromotionReplacedBy> does not properly work with promotion applied by spells
5) the tag <PromotionExcludes> imho is not needed if 4) would work properly (i only added the <PromotionReplacedBy> in the current xml)
6) the already merged spells: shadowstep, adaptive enchantment and bravery need to be commented (in SPELLSPlus_CIV4SpellInfos.xml) out, since i modified them
7) the promotion confused must be included in the same xml where shadowstep and protective shadows are, or else <PromotionCombatApply>PROMOTION_CONFUSED</PromotionCombatApply> will not work and give an error
8) fireshield applies to siege engines while later upgrades of the spell do not, i thought it was too much of an balance issue to give them immunity to building defenses, first strikes and defensive strikes ect.
9) the tag <PromotionPrereq3> and <PromotionPrereq4> both work, however they are not shown in the pedia (only 1+2)
10) the bug that obsolete spells would still show up is fixed, almost:
i created a spell that merges/obsoletes: hope + wall of stone + inspiration
and here is the funny thing: when i am in a city everything is fine only the new spell shows up, when i am outside a city however all 4 (the 3 old +1 new) spells show up.

Most of those issues are also commented in the xml

@Sephi:
the files are fully modular within wildmana, in the end it is you decision, but i don't think it is necessary to spread the spells/promotions to other xmls (for example what spells are forbidden by cult of esus ect.)

tesb,

do you mean by "commented", commented by Sephi, or some type of xml tag or file?

I will wait to create the help/strategy tags until I know you both are satisfied with the spells. I will try to pay attention, but alert me when final spells are ready for me.

Thanks for letting me help, in the meantime I am busy play testing 8.01 still.. haha...

ok first here is the overview on what is done and what is still to be done:

Spoiler :

Changes to earlier versions:
1) Haste + Regeneration = Rejuvenating Burst (Mutate was dropped) (needs BodyII and NatureI)

6) the already merged spells: shadowstep, adaptive enchantment and bravery need to be commented (in SPELLSPlus_CIV4SpellInfos.xml) out, since i modified them

Most of those issues are also commented in the xml

with commented i mean in the xml like this

Spoiler :

Edit: i also have sections (just a comment in the xml) within the xml for example the first section of the spellinfos.xml are the obsoleted spells tags, then come the forbidden for esus tags and last the new spells

Edit 2: by commented out i mean this

Spoiler :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9117227&postcount=71

i forgot two further issues:

9) the tag <PromotionPrereq3> and <PromotionPrereq4> both work, however they are not shown in the pedia (only 1+2)

10) the bug that obsolete spells would still show up is fixed, almost:
i created a spell that merges/obsoletes: hope + wall of stone + inspiration
and here is the funny thing: when i am in a city everything is fine only the new spell shows up, when i am outside a city however all 4 (the 3 old +1 new) spells show up.

tesb,

thanks for the clarification. let me know when your ready for me to work.

with commented i mean in the xml like this

Spoiler :

Edit: i also have sections (just a comment in the xml) within the xml for example the first section of the spellinfos.xml are the obsoleted spells tags, then come the forbidden for esus tags and last the new spells

Edit 2: by commented out i mean this

Spoiler :

I moved some XML a bit. New spells+promotions to the spellsmodule, the promotionfile in obsolete module only has promotionexcludes and promotionreplaced (both are necessary). Works pretty good. If bravery is cast, loyalty promotion is removed. If caster in stack can only cast loyalty but not bravery, but all units in stack already have bravery promotion, loyalty spell is greyed (since it wouldn't be added to any unit)

so for most spells all left to do is button art

ok i just woke up, i am hoping i can finish the rest of the spells today and i am then going to search for more art

@sephi i hate to ask but what if a caster can cast loyalty, valor or courage and only some of the units have bravery? i guess you can still cast valor ect. but what happens to the units that already have bravery in this stack?

Top Bottom