tesbs tweaked spells

everything which is black here + the merged promotions

i could not finish the planned spells in time, since my sleeping schedule was way of and was really tired the whole week

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=250184&d=1271807179

keep in mind that the summon wraith and spectre and shooting star s are not new spells, so you don't have to write stuff for these.

everything which is black here + the merged promotions

i could not finish the planned spells in time, since my sleeping schedule was way of and was really tired the whole week

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=250184&d=1271807179

keep in mind that the summon wraith and spectre and shooting star s are not new spells, so you don't have to write stuff for these.

tesb,

ok have the strategy files written.

i need the class reqs for these spells: (mind 1, spirit 1, etc;)

Rejuvinating Burst
Invigorating Enchantment
Protective Shadows

rejuvenating burst: nature 1 and body 2
invigorating enchantment: nature 2 + enchantment 2 + law 3 + spirit 1
protective shadows: shadow 2 + fire 1 + water 1 + chaos 1

please keep in mind that the wiki already shows which spell needs what mana

rejuvenating burst: nature 1 and body 2
invigorating enchantment: nature 2 + enchantment 2 + law 3 + spirit 1
protective shadows: shadow 2 + fire 1 + water 1 + chaos 1

please keep in mind that the wiki already shows which spell needs what mana

have you seen the help files i made earlier in-game yet?

I have not as of yet.

Just started testing version 8.10 today

i am a bit confused, i thought it is sephis part to merge the help files. am right with that assumption?

edit: i don't think help files are necessary, the strategy files however seem ok, although sephi has implemented a tag for merged promotions too. imho you should just play a bit with 8.10 (or browse the wiki) and look for things that needs improvement :)

i am a bit confused, i thought it is sephis part to merge the help files. am right with that assumption?

Yes you are right. He merges them, but the XML portion should reflect the same as the python, thus the text tag. Also Saathei works on the translations, so they have me upload my work in a "NEW" file, where it sits until it is translated, then moved to a permanent file later.

I'm enjoying the spell additions and changes quite a bit.
:goodjob:

great to hear i hope to get the rest of the spells finished this weekend so i can add more items and can start on my third project.

i am finally done.

new spells:

1)
corroding storm = maelstrom + rust

actually this is quite a huge buff to rust since it doesn't have the inherent 20% resist and a range of 2 instead of one, it also buffs maelstrom quite a bit since it only effects enemies, so no more friendly fire.

i intended to merge dispel magic in this spell as well, but i had concerns that the ai would mess up (dispelling their own nodes).

2)
messianic insolence = lifeward + waterwalking

this is a buff to lifeward since it will not wear off (lifeward had a 50% expire rate). the spell applies a promotion with the same name. this promotion will obsolete lifeward and waterwalking similar to bravery obsoleting valor for example.

i intended to also merge this with battle preparations in a third new spell, but you can either apply promotions to a whole stack or to the caster only, you can't mix the two.

3)
summon elemental horde = summon air elemental + summon water elemental + summon earth elemental + summon fire elemental

this spell summons an elemental horde (screen shots are in the post above) with the following stats:
strength: 7
1 affinity for: water, fire, earth, air
bonus strength: +3 fire, +2 lightning
Abilities: immune to fire, immune to lightning, waterwalking, does collateral damage (like the fire elemental), flying, sentry 1+2, creates a lighting elemental after combat, splits in two after defeat (like a water elemental)

so it has all the abilities of the 4 elementals combined and minimum strength of 12.

@sephi:
i put the new spells in their respective places (i.e. SPELLSPlus_CIV4Spellinfos.xml, ...)

@graywarden
it would be nice if you could provide me with pedia entries for:

summon elemental horde: <Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_SPELL_SUMMON_ELEMENTAL_HORDE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>

elemental horde:
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_UNIT_ELEMENTAL_HORDE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>

and a strategy entry for elemental horde:
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_UNIT_ELEMENTAL__HORDE_STRATEGY</Strategy>

if you are busy, just say so and i will add them

final words:
unless there are further requests/ideas for more spells or spellmerges i deem this project as complete. things that are still open are:

-finding art for the new spells (i am searching right after this post)
-adding the entries mentioned above

elemental horde:
fire 3 + air 3 + water 3 + earth 3

corroding storm:
entropy 1 + air 2

messianic insolence:
life 1 + water 2

if you look at the summoning spells of the different elementals and the elementals themselves you will find a history and a strategy description, i need texts akin to that.

the prerequisites (like air 1 etc.) are already shown in the pedia

Top Bottom