Test pitboss

I know that was bad, you can see why I complained.

That really looks like the product of a badly designed map script. It's obviously taken land that would naturally have been ice, and artificially made it better within the start location's BFC to "make the start ok", but hasn't really thought about the consequences...

Of course "badly designed" is a fairly opinionated statement, I'm not sure I would do a better job myself.

At least we don't have to worry about this creating a "soft AI target" that someone can take advantage of by stealing all its land.

I hereby resign. I know it's bad form, but I don't have any realistic goals at all. If someone else wants it, cheers.

Oh no! I'm in a very similar spot, and was hoping that I'd be able to contact Ceiliazul and start tech trading agressively with him so that we could try to keep up. I had, and still have, a feeling that we're on the same crazy long southern continent.

I'll stick around a bit longer as well to see if I can pull off a few of the things I'm working on, and to see if someone else joins up. I'll probably follow suit in a week or two though.

This will be interesting to see how this map ends up looking, because of the three starts I've seen, they are all radically different.

I uninstalled civ, installed vanilla and I can't find BTS! Anyone mind subbing for me?

EDIT: Or is someone will be extremely nice and gift it to me on STEAM. It's only 5$ right now.

Ok now have access so I can play the turns.

Since Ceiliazul's spot is being run by the AI, I'll take over that civ. I'll see what I can make out of that start. I'm arming my soldiers with rock-filled snowballs, so nobody even think about trying to take my land. Ice-front villas are going on sale now, so get your pocket change counted up. We're also planning on selling "Ice is Hot" parkas so get them pre-ordered.

EDIT: I actually did look at Robi_D's spoiler thread (now that I think about it) so if people want I'll step down, but I don't think it'll affect my gameplay in any way.

Meh, I don't mind... most of us posted our starts here anyway, so it's not as if it'd be much more information. Plus he may be on the opposite side of the map to you, in which case it shouldn't matter at all.

Since Ceiliazul's spot is being run by the AI, I'll take over that civ. I'll see what I can make out of that start. I'm arming my soldiers with rock-filled snowballs, so nobody even think about trying to take my land. Ice-front villas are going on sale now, so get your pocket change counted up. We're also planning on selling "Ice is Hot" parkas so get them pre-ordered.

EDIT: I actually did look at Robi_D's spoiler thread (now that I think about it) so if people want I'll step down, but I don't think it'll affect my gameplay in any way.

I'm more concerned with whether you looked at my spoiler seeing as i've met Ceilazul but if you can't remember it/dont think it'll affect you then i'm happy for you to play.

I'm more concerned with whether you looked at my spoiler seeing as i've met Ceilazul but if you can't remember it/dont think it'll affect you then i'm happy for you to play.

I'm pretty sure I only looked at Robi_D's and that only because of the posted picture of his start position. I am 90% sure I didn't see your spoiler and 100% sure that if I did I don't remember anything. I only saw Robi's spoiler, but I doubt that it will affect the way I play in any way.

Can you please pause the game, becuase I don'twant to miss another turn and I cannot play until later today.

there are still 9 1/2 hours on the timer...you sure you can't make it remake?

yeah I should make it then. The 3.19 patch should be finished downloading in about 30 min, then I can play.

Just FYI, even if you couldn't make it, it's not really appropriate to ask for the whole game to pause and wait for you. I've had times in the past - as I'm sure most of the other players have - where for whatever reason I couldn't get a turn or two played in time. You just have to deal with it and move on. You can't expect 14 other players to wait solely for you. Furthermore, if we let everyone pause when they thought they wouldn't be able to make a turn, the game would move 2-3 times slower, and probably take a whole extra year or more to finish. It's just not practical to wait extra time for one or two people when the majority are able to play. Just accept the odd missed turn, plan ahead and queue up your builds/techs/moves, and you'll be fine (outside of wartime anyway). ;)

Okay, I don't think I will be able to get the turn in tonight, but if you don't want to pause that's okay. If you do though, I will play it tomorrow morning.

Echoing what LP says but also adding I can't imagine I would be too impressed if my sub missed four straight turns. To me, taking on the role of a sub is sometimes more onerous than actually playing the game as someone is relying on you to play for them.

I know, but I didn't expect this to happen, I had planned for everything to go fine.

Top Bottom