TF2 (split from screenshots thread)

Engineer update came out last night.

I've played a couple of hours this morning, and IMO this has the potential to be one of valve's best (if not the best) class update.

All the info can be found here:

Engineer Update

The weapons all seem at least interesting, and they all add many more dimensions to a previously one dimensional class. it will be interesting to see how they play out when the hype dies down and not everyone is playing engi anymore.

My favourite part of the update however is the new maps. Hightower is possibly the most fun i have ever had on any map ever. it just seems really nicely designed, although it could well be impossible with more than 16 people on one server. Thunder mountain is beautiful and intricate, there is a lot to learn about this one. Upward is just a stagerringly beautiful map again, and is really intricate. plus they covered the whole range of PL maps - PL race, PL 5 cap (as in badwater) and PL multistage (as in goldrush).

All in all 5/5. great effort valve

The new shotty, the wrangler, and the southern hospitality has became my new favorate toys for the engie!

Meh, I haven't played it yet but it doesnt look in the least bit interesting to me. The maps are hopefully good because I love payload maps.

Though I'd wait till the hype dies down. Right now there's a bunch of engineers running about that would make the map a Demoman, Sniper, and Spy paradise.

Though I'd wait till the hype dies down. Right now there's a bunch of engineers running about that would make the map a Demoman, Sniper, and Spy paradise.

When theres that many sentries, spying is pointless.

It's a cool update and I was waiting on this one forever, however things are still rather imbalanced with the actual new items (maps are cool, that I agree on). The Wrangler probably should be nerfed, though they did just get a couple of bugs taken care of with the Gunslinger.

I think the biggest nerf for the wrangler will be making some areas unbuildable. As it stands engineers can get to some pretty surprising places on the official maps. Some of them were maybe meant, some definitely werent.

I've read the first three pages of this thread only and decided maybe it's time I try this game. Everyone seems to love it and Valve are obviously great developers. Seems like there is a fair amount of team play required and classes countering other classes ... any reason I shouldn't buy this?

;)

I've read the first three pages of this thread only and decided maybe it's time I try this game. Everyone seems to love it and Valve are obviously great developers. Seems like there is a fair amount of team play required and classes countering other classes ... any reason I shouldn't buy this?

;)

in short, no. as long as your computer can run it (an considering my pile of crap can, that isn't too big an ask these days), there is no reason why you wouldn't love this game. light hearted community, multi-faceted gameplay, fantastic variation, great map design, commited developers.... IMO this is the best FPS going.

The Wrangler should probably be nerfed a bit. I love Engineer rocket jumps, but considering how they can completely lock down a point, I don't know how useful it can be. If he has a buddy to constantly watch his back for spies and repair his sentry, this with the combination of a shield makes him pretty damn hard to take down.

Valve also patched it so that switching between the (edit: Gunslinger) and the regular Wrench destroys all your buildings as a way to stop level 3 mini-sentries from being built. Unfortunately, there's a way around that. :9

Valve also patched it so that switching between the Wrangler and the regular Wrench destroys all your buildings as a way to stop level 3 mini-sentries from being built. Unfortunately, there's a way around that. :9
Assuming you mean the gunslinger, cause the Wrangler has nothing to do with mini-sentries. Made me do a quick double take.

Assuming you mean the gunslinger, cause the Wrangler has nothing to do with mini-sentries. Made me do a quick double take.

Yes, I did, haha. Freudian slip, they call them!

Also, I've decided that the Wrangler is only overpowered when I'm trying to take them down. When I try to use it to mow down the enemy I usually end up dying pretty quickly.

Ah well, Frontier Justice + Gunslinger is the best combo anyway. :o

From Hell

Great now I have to buy Rift as well...

For two weapons? Bah, just wait a few months and trade your useless pile of accumulated metal for some hats and then the items. They don't even look that good anyway.

Top Bottom