The 100 Years War

Would you like to play this, and should I make it? (Poll will close in 20 days)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apart from the tiny detail that the Ottoman Empire didn't exist yet ;), I don't see a reason to include them. Make it centered on France if you gonna make it. :)

carmen510 said:
I don't think the Holy Roman Empire was there at the time.

Of course, it was: "Heiliges Römisches Reich (= holy roman empire)" existed under this name from Otto I. in 962 AD to 1806 AD when Napoleon made the german-roman Emperor to resign.

How could Holy Roman Empire NOT be there?? :wow:

If I can find a zoomed map of Eastern Europe I will restart.

carmen510 said:
A few things, Eastern Europe was only known as the Slavic Tribes, except for Poland.
*cough**cough* Could you repeat that ?
carmen510 said:
Acually, Eastern Europe events werent reall important.
:rolleyes: I'll try to ignore that post. :rolleyes:

Stormrage said:
Not important to who? Who do you think kept the Turks from expanding even more?
Not important to the kings of England and France, who supposedly are the reason for this scenario. :)

carmen510 said:
Well, the Slavs held as a border against the Ottomans (Turks)...
I reckon you have a bad history teacher :rolleyes: ... not ALL of eastern/south-eastern Europe was slavic you know.

Can we give this "Eastern Europe"-discussion a rest and concentrate on the scenario-matters?

That is what I say:
Main protagonists are the french and the british. Theatre is France. So, anyway what could have happened and what happened in other parts of europe, those are of main interest for a 100 years war scen, so there shouldnt be to much around if you dont want to lose focus. What could be the sense to e.g. play the ottomans pushing north for vienna in a 100 years war scenario?

And I dont want to hear something about they didnt even take constantinople yet ;)

You have to make a choice. Do you want to make a scenario about the 100 years' war OR about Europe at the time of the 100 years' war.

The first is definitely more focused but requires more precision and information.

IMHO scenarios should be focusing on ONE issue only but apparently my scenarios get less interest than the generic ones so you can definitely choose the more "open" version. But then change the name accordingly. I have nothing against Eastern Europe at that time but if I play a scenario about the 100 years' war then I don't want them around or on the map because they are out f scope.

Three cheers for LouLong! :D

@Carmen - They didn`t feel like expanding? When, in the name of Gork & Mork, did an Emperor say: "Oh, thats enough land we have, so what`s on TV tonight?".

Battle on river Marica, Kosovo, Nikopolje, Varna, 2nd battle of Kosovo, those battles were just for kicks then, eh?

I don`t claim to know much about history, but please, refrain yourself from saying things you know very little or nothing about. I have nothing against going OT or a little spam, as long as its amusing, but if you wan`t to discuss the subject with others, you need to know some facts.

Here's a map that may be helpful -

Attachments

• Europe_in_1430.png
    Europe_in_1430.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 121
Map : not bad. But Novgorod is out of place. (more to the SW) and Lithuania usually does not go that far south (at least under real control).

7ronin said:
Here's a map that may be helpful -
That's what I got my civs from, too. I used that amp already for some stuff. Thanks, though. :)

Could anyone find me a amp (Civ map) of the area I need. 80x80 through 100x100.

If you could make one, that would rock.:D

Top Bottom