The Ancient Mediterranean MOD (TAM)

I downloaded and installed into the correct folder then played the mod. But when i tried to load a map it didnt work for any of them. It sayed it may be corrupt. I then went to the folder and clicked on a scenario file and it said it wasnt a Valid Civ3 file.
P.S. this is my first mod

What version of civ are you using? You might just be using vanilla or Play the World.

I downloaded and installed into the correct folder then played the mod. But when i tried to load a map it didnt work for any of them. It sayed it may be corrupt. I then went to the folder and clicked on a scenario file and it said it wasnt a Valid Civ3 file.
P.S. this is my first mod

Where did you put the biq?

I am using vanilla civ 3. I downloaded the file for it though. I also tried to download it again and install it again but that didnt help

Post a screenie then.

What is it? screen shot. because it tried to get on of the message. Im new to this just joined.

When you get the error message from the game, press the Print Screen button, exit the game, then use a photo editor to paste the image from the clipboard, the upload & post the image here.

Takhisis
thanks for trying to help out. I think i might wait till i get back to the states then download conquests and then try the version for conquests.

I think you might have downloaded the wrong file... I'll test it tonight if able, I have an old copy, maybe the one on the server has gone bust.

hello guys, i dont know if this question has been made before. I already played this mod, and when i played, there wasnt any technology that would enable Vassal States. Does it still be like that, or there are now vassal states? Thanks

That doesn't have anything to do with techs. As long as Firaxis continues to withhold the codee from the modding community then no, you can't have vassal states like in other games.

Thats bad, because like that this mod is very painful to finish. I am really sorry, because i really wanted to play a mod of Civ without guns and tanks etc... Only swords, catapults, knights... Anyway, if you know any other mod of civ like that, please tell me its name. Thanks for the help.

Start browsing around the completed modpacks and completed scenarios sections… there's the Ancient Maya, Desert and Mountain, Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire, Rise and Fall of the Mughals (only early gunpowder but lots of elephants and other Indian stuff), the Rood and the Dragon, etc. etc.

Btw, i seaeched some of those mods you told me, but they are almost all from civ 3... i was talking about civ 4

So, it seems to have lots of mods like those. But any of them has vassal states?
No. The game engine doesn't allow such a feature. It's hardcoded. If you want vassal states try Europa Universalis, but it's not as good as civ IMHO.
Btw, i seaeched some of those mods you told me, but they are almost all from civ 3... i was talking about civ 4
Then why do you post in a civ3 mod thread? :confused:

I just downloaded the TAM mod and everything loads up fine. I see TAM in the upper right corner so I know the mod is loaded, but nothing is changed from regular bts. There are no different civs and no change in the tech tree when I play a game. Also I tried playing one of the TAM scenarios and it loads but only with me playing as julius ceasar and no AI. What am I doing wrong?

I am running bts v 3.19 and have downloaded the new dll file for compatibility but still have the problem.... HELP!!

ha guess I didn't read through and posted in the wrong thread. Sorry just joined up today and can't seem to navigate this place real well yet.

Top Bottom