The Ancient Mediterranean MOD (TAM)

Hopefully a quick question, roughly how long is the black plague meant to last for in this scenario? In my current game it seems to have been going for about 30 turns and the majority of my cities are now affected.

I've had to move my defensive units outside of my cities as on a bad turn I would lose 4 plus units. At some point one of the AI nations is going to decide to take one of my undefended cities although so far my overall military has put them off.

I think it lasts 20 turns although not sure. Just remember the ai's suffer it the same as you do. Only they don't move units out of the cities. They suffer a lot.

The plague never got changed from the original authors version but i never did that even though it should have been changed. Feel free to edit that yourself for better game play.

am at home on my laptop so i cant play civ5 I had an older version of this mod that worked fine but some of the resources werent on the map. I updated it and the gameplay is fine but like all the text in the game (if you click terrain to see yield or right click a city) is different. Like Change Production is now +corruption I have 65 Gave not 65 gold.. Doesnt stop me from playing but is just annoying The worst thing is that every year is "Happy" so theres only 1 autosave

I have Civ 3 Complete installed on a Windows 7 system, a clean install that works great. I downloaded TAM v2.6B and moved it to the Civ 3 Complete\Conquests\Conquests folder. When I double clicked to extract it, it appeared to do so, but then gave me a series of error messages about not being able to open the files. No new files or folders appeared in the Conquests folder. What is going on?

Often, a zip or rar'd file may exceed the maximum length of characters when unzipping (which is 260 or 255 IIRC), if placed in a lengthy directory. Try unzipping it directly from your Desktop first, then copy/paste into the Conquests/Conquests or Conquests/Scenarios folder. See if you get same error message there or not.

I use WinRar, and if this happens, it usually specifically tells me though. So not sure if this is the issue, or may be something with Win 7?

Good idea I'll try it.

OK! That worked and I copied the 5 Biq files into conquests\conquests. Now to try the game.

Plays like a charm!!! Thanks.

It took you one hour to just test and see if the game loaded properly? That's a case of one-more-turnism if I ever saw one…

It took you one hour to just test and see if the game loaded properly? That's a case of one-more-turnism if I ever saw one…
Yes, but don't ask me how many more hours I've put in in the last 24....

Given that it took you 27-and-a-half hours just to reply to my post, I can do a quick estimate…: not good. :p

So I would like to commend you on just a fantastic mod. I've wanted a Mediterranean mod and this one is fantastic. One issue, are we sure the plague is 20 turns cause it is killin me right now, literally and figuratively. Though I guess both are figurative cause its a game.....

The late game plague is the worst. It is paralyzing.

When you are ready to start a new game, you may want to go into the editor and disable the plague. Either that or just change how long it lasts or how severe it is. Like Birdjaguar said, it can be paralyzing. You always have the satisfaction of knowing it is hitting the ai cities as well.

When you are ready to start a new game, you may want to go into the editor and disable the plague. Either that or just change how long it lasts or how severe it is. Like Birdjaguar said, it can be paralyzing. You always have the satisfaction of knowing it is hitting the ai cities as well.
How do you change the length or severity?

While playing in this mod (2.1 PTW version, Fertile Crescent map, Monarch) for first time I just now got absolute strange domination victory: have only 17 cities (<15% of world territory), in F11 screen take 2nd for pop and 3rd for land. Here my save: http://e1m2.net/hth/zzz/hth_c3ptw_TAM21_Troy_strange_domination.zip

Upd: Solved. It was actually win by enabled "Victory Points". Oh . :(

Also couple of questions. Major one: overpriced factor of gold for AI. It looked especially stupid in Ancient age: I get about half of all techs from other civs for relatively small amounts of gold (<100), however no one doesn't have directions for use it... Rhetorical question - are it's ok?

Minor: what is "borderland" ability for Troy? If it is simply geographical position - then Troy is definitely looser: its extra comm trait seems useless without unique buildings, without powerful units and without geographical room for peaceful expansion.

Where do I find the editor for Civ 3? I can't find it in Civ 3 Complete.

C\&#8230;\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe if you're using the Windows version.

Thanks! How about for editing existing Biq files?

Top Bottom