The Ascent of Mankind

Just need to tweak one:

*Planet Engineering (Req Attometer Engineering, Atomization Field)
- Arcology Planet (Think Death Star)

I've seen the thread in the main C&C forum, and if it would work, like expected, then it will become really awesome.

That's why I put a thread in the C&C forum :)
EDIT: Ya know, if this does work as it's suppose to, you could ask some of the SDK masters of this forum if they can make a map switching feature so Mars, Now! can fit and It'll be one big, ongoing game from Earth to the Moon to Mars then the rest of the galaxy. :D However IMO that game would drag on a tad long, but it would be cool.

Time Travel (Req Folding Space)
- Can send you back to the beginning of the game but you can't go back to the future. This is accomplished by the game saving your first turn at the beginning of the game.

Hmm by adding time travel you are making rules on how the universe in the game works.
And is that that when traveling back in time the future never happened?

I have some other theories on how the world might work :p
There is this thing called the multiverse wich exist outside our own universe,
And in the multiverse there are more universes.
These are parallel worlds.

I think that if you will introduce time travel that there should also be
parallel worlds.

This is kinda what I think and understand it like.
Tell me if it might be different :)
Now in the multiverse all the universes are like a big tree,
Every possible thing that can happen does happen in a parallel world.
So the multiverse tree grows new branches for every possible outcome
from every possible thing.

So here is my theory,
For the world to fully function, when someone travels back in time.
The multiverse will grow "make" a copy of that parallel world in the time you
travel to.
So that if you kill your parents before you where born, it was in fact
only in another parallel world.

You will still be able to travel back to where you came from because of this.
But because of time travel you can no longer think the multiverse as a tree,
It's more like a big net.

Anyway, I don't know how this would work out in the game.
Just saying how I think time travel might work ^^'

But this is just how I think, you guys might have much different theories
on how the world works that you will go after and make the rules
for the universe in the game like :p

Anyway keep up the good work, this mod is really exciting :D

That may be the theory you are substituting, but you cannot claim it as your own. The multiverse or "Parallel Universes" theory is quite old which I also believe in. However what I believe is slightly different than what you described as instead of 'growing a branch' they simply co-exist infinitely in both directions of time. These parallel universes are exact copies of each other the only difference between them is how any living thing reacts to anything, so there are infinitely many parallel universes. This does not mean that there are universes with, say dogs sentient over humans, that is not a choice some one made, but rather how it inevitably came to be. I also agree with Douglas Adams on how everything fits together like a puzzle. For example if a man went back in time to kill his parents before he was born, that would be the other parallel universe's fate because it would be impossible if it was the original universe, however that man would never be able to return to his original universe even if he stops himself because he never went back in time.

Oh boy, am really bad at explaining things.

Am sorry, Ofcourse I didn't mean it as my own..
Maybe I should have called it something like my throughts on how the world can work,
I don't know ...
The only thing that really was "my theory" or throughts was the time travel part
about traveling to a parallel world instead of time.
But I do understand that I can't possible be the only one that has come up with
that idea.

As seen in the dragonball francise when trunks travels back in time
nothing he does seem to effect hes time line where he came from.
This is never really explained in the series..
And this is what made me think about a solution.
And my guess is that he travel to a parallel world instead of time.

Anyway as you explained people have had the idea before me..
Instead of saying "my theory" I should said something like
"my throughts on how parts of this theory might work.."
because (my theory) was only a part of the bigger one.

And I called it my theory because I hadn't seen it being explained
anywhere else.

that tree thing was mostly also one of my bad ways of trying to explain things :(
I believe a little bit like you to..that the multiverse exists outside time?
I think thats what you mean right?
Did you see the (travel parallel instead of time theory) being explained somewhere?
Id like to see some sources of it, because iv'e never seen it anywhere.
I think I should check out who this Douglas Adams is.. might be interesting ^^

anyway here's what I did wrong..
told that I had some theories,
and before saying the theory I started to
explain one that ofcourse already is widely specualted
so that I could later in the post talk about the smaller theories
I had in the big one.
What I failed to explain was that I was first explaining
the already speculated one, and then added my parts into it later.

Anyway am really sorry if you through I claimed the theories of the multiverse
as my own, because I didn't, only the (travel parallel instead of time theory) ^^'

And why do my posts always end up with so much text O_O'

Anyway.. am wondering if there will be any content in the mod that will have
something to do with parallel worlds?

Don't worry man.

Well what the theory really is is that all the timescales of all the multiverses are the same only they are connected by anomalies such as going back in time to change something or traversing a wormhole, etc. much like in the Star Trek Movie.

Another thing, you really shouldn't think of theories based off of something like dragonball, hell if any movie or show(just happens some directors are more nerdy than others i.e. Star Trek, Back to the Future, however these two have opposing views on the matter).
Douglas Adams is the author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book series, in the first three books he makes some excellent points about space, theories, dimensions, etc, all while being hilarious.
No, there won't be anything on parallel universes, but there will be time travel.

Back on topic, I'm downloading Civsmith to see if I can't get it to work since that's a lot of techs and a lot of tech placement moving around.

haha alright, sorry for wasting time :p
And yea.. rules are different in all kind of shows.
Your really good at explaining things unlike me ^^'
But if time travel will be in the game, I still wonder
if it will follow some kind of theory on how time traveling will work,
If it will be like Back to the Future for example where things can be changed
and it's always the same world?
Or if it will be about a parallel world.
Even through both will be the same in the game I guess,
Travel back without being able to travel forward?
But I still wonder what theory it will go after x'D

Scratch Civsmith, it won't enable the base tech tree from any mod, only BTS. So on to manually moving techs :cringe:

@Hydro
No, I'm sorry there is no feature in the game nor can I make a feature that can do what you described. On the other hand I had other plans for time travel tech, rare events in the ancient-transhuman eras for example "A man who claims to come from the future is asking to see you." There would be three answers: "He's obviously lost his mind, expose of him." "Let him prove himself."(costs gold for a small chance at one tech) "Really? Why let's use this opportunity, I can be the most powerful man!"(Costs a large sum of money for a small chance at three techs.) then when Civs discover this tech there would be another type of event i.e. "A criminal has sent himself back in time, threatening to destroy everything!" Three answers: "Let him go, he obviously didn't succeed since we're all still here."(chance the game ends), "Find him and arrest him, even though he may not be in this universe any more, he'll kill billions of civilians in another."(medium amount of money, small chance game ends), "Hunt him down, don't let him change the space-time continuum!"(large amount of money)

Scratch Civsmith, it won't enable the base tech tree from any mod, only BTS. So on to manually moving techs :cringe:

@Hydro
No, I'm sorry there is no feature in the game nor can I make a feature that can do what you described. On the other hand I had other plans for time travel tech, rare events in the ancient-transhuman eras for example "A man who claims to come from the future is asking to see you." There would be three answers: "He's obviously lost his mind, expose of him." "Let him prove himself."(costs gold for a small chance at one tech) "Really? Why let's use this opportunity, I can be the most powerful man!"(Costs a large sum of money for a small chance at three techs.) then when Civs discover this tech there would be another type of event i.e. "A criminal has sent himself back in time, threatening to destroy everything!" Three answers: "Let him go, he obviously didn't succeed since we're all still here."(chance the game ends), "Find him and arrest him, even though he may not be in this universe any more, he'll kill billions of civilians in another."(medium amount of money, small chance game ends), "Hunt him down, don't let him change the space-time continuum!"(large amount of money)

Aww that's too bad. it would have been cool if that could happen.

As for your 2 random events. I think that's really cool and should be added. BTW what techs would he give? Would they be advanced techs or just techs from the era they are in?

In addition you should have a "time probe" land in the past during the game as a random event. Then once you reach the ability to send probes into the past you could send your own. The probe could act like a Roswell crash event. Except instead of UFO it would be a time probe. Of course by definition it would be a UFO. Maybe they could even reverse engineer technology from it.

You should have a "time probe" land in the past during the game as a random event. Then once you reach the ability to send probes into the past you could send your own. The probe could act like a Roswell crash event. Except instead of UFO it would be a time probe. Of course by definition it would be a UFO. Maybe they could even reverse engineer technology from it.

Before I get too deep into the time travel events, I must say that I think it should be a game option. Yea the space mod is cool but the go back in time events could make people not like it since it might unbalance the game radically. However a time travel event could be just what I'm looking for to let civs get space folding since it won't be able to be researched. This scenario makes the Space Folding technology an infinite time loop that is an anomaly in which can only be achieved if received by their future selves then sent to their past selves. Reason for this is that space folding has nothing to do with wormholes, but moves the space around it to go from point A to point B faster than light and a wormhole.

I think this would put a rather nice twist to both the technology victory and space victory.

Well if we are going to get into time travel then we should get into technology such as ...

- Multiverse Physics
- Applied Dimensions Brane Physics (The practical application of traveling through "branes")

In short if we are going to do "time travel" it would be within the rules of no grandfather paradoxes where you can only kill the multiverse "you's" grandfather but not one from your home universe.

I am not sure what you call making a "wormhole" connecting one "brane" to another. But basiclly that's what you would have to do.

In addition you cannot change your own time line but someone from another timeline can change yours. Thus you could have a criminal come to my timeline from another timeline but never have that criminal ever be born in my timeline.

Thus you could send people to pillage other timelines for their wealth and resources while all the time never effecting your own timeline.

Well if we are going to get into time travel then we should get into technology such as ...

- Multiverse Physics
- Applied Dimensions Brane Physics (The practical application of traveling through "branes")

In short if we are going to do "time travel" it would be within the rules of no grandfather paradoxes where you can only kill the multiverse "you's" grandfather but not one from your home universe.

I am not sure what you call making a "wormhole" connecting one "brane" to another. But basiclly that's what you would have to do.

I think those events I listed are good enough for now. If you want to delve deeper into the whole time scene, may I suggest yet another modmodmod besides just Alien Outbreak.

I think those events I listed are good enough for now. If you want to delve deeper into the whole time scene, may I suggest yet another modmodmod besides just Alien Outbreak.

Yeah you could really go on for ever expanding out ...

City -> Homeland -> Region -> Continent -> Hemisphere -> Planet -> Inner Solar System -> Solar System -> Local Neighborhood -> Galactic Arm-> Galaxy -> Local Group -> Super Cluster -> Other Stuff -> Universe -> Multiverse -> Who Knows?

Map of the Universe
http://www.sabbatella.com/National Geographic - The Universe Map.jpg

---------------

So what area should I work on next? We already have a lot of techs and if you don't stop me I will just keep thinking of them. In which case this mod will never end. :p

In short I guess what I am saying is when can we expect to see some sort of beta mod? I mean even if its adding a new era with no techs in it yet. Or adding techs to existing eras?

So what area should I work on next? We already have a lot of techs and if you don't stop me I will just keep thinking of them. In which case this mod will never end. :p

In short I guess what I am saying is when can we expect to see some sort of beta mod? I mean even if its adding a new era with no techs in it yet. Or adding techs to existing eras?

I think we have enough techs, I'll update the tech post and get to adding them tomorrow however reorganizing the tech tree for the ancient-modern era will be a hassle and most likely take a few days. I'll just shift all the techs two or three positions to the right then fill in the spaces. On top of that I have to update ANM to v 2.2 in time for AND 1.6 and study for college finals that are next week. You'll probably see the first Alpha release in an estimated 1-2 weeks(would be shorter if I didn't have such a busy schedule).

It's 4:50 AM here, I need you to do another tech eras recap with those other techs... My attention span is barely bigger than the width of my thumb right now. G'night.

Top Bottom