1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Biggest, Baddest Unit

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by 2K Greg, Aug 4, 2010.

1. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

I applaud you Perfection, for accomplishing a momentous victory over the forces of non-gigantic death robots. May your tyrannical rule of this planet be full of much gigantic death at the hands of your legions of GDRs

Also, this:

2. aziantuntija

aziantuntija Prince

This might be the case, thats why i said i will propably try them at least once, but i would still appreciate if there would be somekind of "No future era" option also.

*Because there hasnt never been a future era before and not everyone necessarily likes to look at or go to war with scifi units in a civ game.*

Im very sure someone will be quoting that sentence between *these* and say something 'clever' like "There hasnt been 1upt before either! Maybe you want that to be optional also?" But that would be just stupid to say something like that.

Ups you seem to forget the sarcasm smiley from your post ----> :rolleyes:

I agree with you. I mean i dont like these kinds of transformers in a civ game but it would be pretty stupid if this "giant death robot" would be the only future unit available in future era.

3. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

I do agree. It would really suck if it ended up being the only future era unit. Perhaps they are leaving the future era for DLC or an expansion pack but wanted to draw attention to it and see if there is serious demand for it..

4. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Wait, does that screen shot show 3 different types of bombers for the modern era?

It has Bomber, B17 and stealth bomber. Or is the B17 a UU?

5. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

You'd think such a unit would be good at attacking cities, no? The penalty to defense makes sense I guess since it's so easy to hit.

6. 12agnar0k

12agnar0k Emperor

It really sucks they have done hardly anything with the future era. :(

7. James the Wise

James the Wise Chieftain

Giant Death Robot.... :confused:
    Generic Video Game Mech

As this is part of the core game im pretty disappointed in how lame it is
    I'm not saying a mech couldnt be fun as a future unit, but the design is SO generic, like ive seen that Mech in a hundered other video games.

They coulda designed it to at least be feasable and believable. Like taking a look at what is being developed in the real world now and what is planneda... and what would actually make sense and work on the battlefield!

Not take a look at every other video game that contains a "Mech" and just copy that

I'm really not taking this too in depth as this is the kinda thing 3d artists do all the time when designing and creating things.

Stupid design, stupid name, surprised and disappointed it is part of the core game and cannot be disabled

8. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Nope, Bill is deadly serious.

9. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

Wait, is it true? Has it been confirmed or are you just joking?

B17 is American UU.

10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

GDR isn't real and you all know it.

If it's real, what's the counter for it? Another GDR? doesn't sound very fun. And do ground units really have any hope in future war? Doubtful.

11. 12agnar0k

12agnar0k Emperor

It can take any other ground unit 1 on 1, but its very expensive, a couple modern tanks should be able to take it down.

And yes it is confirmed that Russia gets Double Uranium, (Also Double Horses and Iron, & a small production bonus from the strategic resource tiles)

12. aziantuntija

aziantuntija Prince

Somehow im not surprised at all if he really were dead serious. :lol: I mean look at the fury of the people who are attacking the one that dares to say something (even just a little bit) bad about civ5. :mischief:

13. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

From the point of gameplay the unit is pretty logical. They needed ground uranium unit to provide nuke alternative. Modern armors sometimes use uranium, but that's definitely not a requirement - so they needed a future unit.

They could've create "future armor" in addition to "modern armor", but that would be too boring. And mech is quite famous and fits perfectly.

14. 12agnar0k

12agnar0k Emperor

They should have put in a string more future techs with hover tanks + what not, I'm very disapointed they didnt, hopefully they will take the time to make a core game worthy mod that has a much extended future tech period. & Perhaps decrease the cost of all Techs slightly to allow science victory to not become unbalanced.

15. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Yes, see the confirmed features. Russia's "Siberian Riches" means double horses, iron and uranium.

16. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

...ouch. remind me to destroy them very early. and raze Moscow.

17. 12agnar0k

12agnar0k Emperor

No, you will want to be-friend them very early, unless you plan to wipe them out with warriors and archers before anyone gets animal husbandry or Iron working, in which case, god speed my friend god speed.

18. Bad Brett

Bad Brett King

19. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

what do you mean somewhat? the British obviously made it completely realistic...

20. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

What!? O_o Seriously? But... but why? I guess I'll be playing Russia then! :mwaha:

WTH?!?!!