The Biggest, Baddest Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still believe that this is a joke.

I wanna repeat this, which I've already posted earlier in this thread:

Also, another point. Just because the art shows them with two legs (which is less realistic) does not mean they necessarily must have two.

Axemen in civ4 were shown as stylized versions with huge axes, muscles and no armour.

The artwork is just a stylized depiction of what a possible combat robot mech would look like. It may seem cartoony but so do all civ units when you look at them closely.

Actually it looks like a building. Look right below YEKATERINBURG.

Spoiler :

YeahI think -insert INDIA here- nuked russia and has taken moscow and smolensk. Poor Russia...

India !! Lower left above Bryansk: Pop up says this tile owned by India.

You are SO funny :lol: You sure are struggling with this one arent you SickFak :lol: Even your name is funny it describes you very well, also i think if you change the last letter from K to a T letter its even better :) Might also explain the body question that you popped up yesterday :)

Well enough with humor, lets get to the point shall we.

Ok once again:

I might want to try them but i also want a chance to turn those scifi units off. I dont know why but this seems to annoy you somehow :mischief:

The point for me is NOT and hasnt NEVER been HOW do they make them optional, as long as i have the option to turn those scifi units off from my game. If Firaxis doesnt give that option then we will get a mod for that.

Its not that big deal for me :) If you now just please stop half reading my posts and making a fool of yourself :mischief: Go get some rest for a change :)

Oh and nice summer to you too Sick :)

Ahaha... You're actually trying to insult me... :lol: :shake:
What next I wonder... :crazyeye:

Actually it looks like a building. Look right below YEKATERINBURG.

Spoiler :

wow, that's a big map!

EDIT: Sorry double post

I'm just going to go ahead and leave this here:
http://www.civilization5.com/#/community/feature_gdr

Spoiler :
The time has come, Civilization V fans, to reveal to you the biggest, baddest, most awesome unit in Civilization V:

GIANT. DEATH. ROBOT.

I'll let the Civilopedia do the talking:

Combat Strength: 150
Movement: 3
Required Resource: Uranium
Required Tech: Nuclear Fusion
Penalty Attacking Cities
No Defensive Bonuses
Can Move After Attacking
Yeah. I thought you might like that.

I really hope, its just a joke. :dubious:

Humm, there are a couple of cities in that screenshot with 2-5 pop and over 50 strength, and apparently without a garrisoned unit (Moscow has a garrison icon, Smolensk and Bryansk don't). A GDR with 150 strength and a penalty against cities looks like it will have a tough old time taking out a 30+ pop city with a garrisoned mech infantry or something.

Ahaha... You're actually trying to insult me... :lol: :shake:
What next I wonder... :crazyeye:

I am not trying to insult anyone im surprised that you look it that way :confused: Im just putting some humor in my posts :) Maybe you should try to relax a bit :p

I am not trying to insult anyone im surprised that you look it that way :confused: Im just putting some humor in my posts :) Maybe you should try to relax a bit :p

Maybe you should both stop spamming the thread? :p

It's probably a way to limit nuke spam. Build 5 nukes, or 2 GDRs, or 2 nukes and a GDR

By requiring lots of uranium, of course

I think every unit will only ever take up one instance of a resource, so it would be 3 nukes and 2 GDR's or 1 nuke and 4 GDR's and so on if you only had 5 Uranium Units to play with.

If you hate this unit, then quite frankly, why have you even registered on this forum? If you hate this unit, you hate the CFC community.

Where did you find that screen shot?

Well Russia is toast, GDR Nuclear strike and Modern armor V. Trebs and some pikemen.

Hmm... I think I'll wait and try the game out before deciding on my opinion. It is unrealistic, but as previous posters have mentioned, Civ isn't exactly known for realism. But I don't see why everyone's treating it as if it has changed the series completely- just mod it out if you don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom