The Black Death...

gfeier

King
...or whatever you want to call it. Usually everything except the units gets really dark and the game slows way down. Sometimes, just for variety, I presume, the units turn black (particularly noticeable with ships). This problem has been reported in this forum by a lot of users with all kinds of machines using all kinds of CPUs. Saving and reloading seems to fix it temporarily, but it always comes back. Just wondering if anyone has figured out what causes it and if it's been officially recognized as a bug which needs to be patched. :confused:

I've seen it once and it went away after reload.

I saw an odd variant of it when a ship went off the left edge of the map to appear on the far right side. All the in-place units on the right side were fine, but my ship was black. This persisted for a number of turns... then the problem vanished.

I've got Mulder and Sculley looking into right now.

Besides ejday, I have seen this bug mentioned by essentialsaltes, Zaimejs, floppymouse and bnew. bnew said he corected it by zooming all the way out and back in again, so I'll try this the next time I run into it. I'm still wondering if Brad has seen it and if it was also a problem in the PC version.

I've also come across it once. Quit and restarted and it went away.

I've seen it many times. Usually it can be temporarily fixed by zooming out and then in, but it always comes back.

I suspect what I observed is not 'the Black Death' - but it was odd.

All the ice turned black. Everything else was fine, but the ice was all black. It was really freaky but, surpisingly, aesthetically pleasing in a Model-T kind of way. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Skippy_Kangaroo said:
All the ice turned black. Everything else was fine, but the ice was all black. It was really freaky but, surpisingly, aesthetically pleasing in a Model-T kind of way. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Yup. That always precedes the cities and units going black. It's an every-game occurrence for me.

Ah, I should have read this before I posted mine. I experienced this black death yesterday for the first time and solved it by going to global view and then back again. Everything was normal once again. Hope it works for u!

Ok - I am new here at this site, but has anyone ever gotten what I affectionately call the "Stone Henge Bug". As soon as someone builds Stone Henge the screen automatically zooms way out and all the images are small.

FIX = Reload the game.

Just curious.

Covenantor

I've seen it zoom all the way out like that. I just zoom back in.

I always thought that was expected behavior related to recentering the map. And there's no need to reload, just zoom back in.

Nah, it scrolls to recenter the map constantly without zooming all the way out. It's a bug.

Top Bottom