The Celts

If I capture the Celts' holy city, will I benefit from the unique pantheon? Also, I saw in my recently finished game that once I captured the Celts' holy city, all other Celtic city started to receive foreign religious pressure.

If I capture the Celts' holy city, will I benefit from the unique pantheon? Also, I saw in my recently finished game that once I captured the Celts' holy city, all other Celtic city started to receive foreign religious pressure.

What might be as much as six months ago, you didn't. As far as I know there hasn't been a change, but, idk, for sure. If you desperately want to know 100%, it wouldn't be that hard to set up a scenario in the FireTuner involving player switching, XCOMs, etc.

IDK if you benefit from the pantheon.

If the Celts miss religion (granted this is very rare) they will recieve foreign religious pressure, I suspect if they lose their holy city the same thing applies.

IDK if you benefit from the pantheon.

If the Celts miss religion (granted this is very rare) they will recieve foreign religious pressure, I suspect if they lose their holy city the same thing applies.

Only the Celts get the pantheon (ever), and yeah, if you lose majority as Celts the pressure immunity ends.

Only the Celts get the pantheon (ever), and yeah, if you lose majority as Celts the pressure immunity ends.

In a game with two different celts, I assume they can conquer and keep one another's pantheons.

Can 2 celts send one another religious pressure?

So, is it possible, in a modded version of the Celts, to make so that converted civilizations can benefit from Celtic pantheons without too much code modification ? In other terms, is the inability for other civs to use Celtic pantheons an added, extrinsic, element that can simply be deleted if necessary, or is it an intrinsic elements without which there would be bugs ?

So, is it possible, in a modded version of the Celts, to make so that converted civilizations can benefit from Celtic pantheons without too much code modification ? In other terms, is the inability for other civs to use Celtic pantheons an added, extrinsic, element that can simply be deleted if necessary, or is it an intrinsic elements without which there would be bugs ?

No.

Perhaps I'm just silly, but could someone explain to me why I would pick Lugh the Skilled One, or Mannanan God of the Sea? They give a singular bonus which I suppose is good for the first 10 turns you have it, but after that pretty much any of the other Celtic Pantheons supercede them, and for the majority of the game one just regrets picking these. Ogma isn't very convincing either when Dagda gets the same science bonus for only 1 more population, plus three other yields as well. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Perhaps I'm just silly, but could someone explain to me why I would pick Lugh the Skilled One, or Mannanan God of the Sea?
Well to me those two were among the strongest Celtish pantheons. Just compare how many yield your cities usually have to what they get with them.
With Mannanan you'll be swimming in gols and be able to build army and all buildings you can build. With Lugh you just rush to Markets and get Merchant in every city, you will have crazy amount of science and culture in every city without building anything.

In my opinion this is one of the most common mistake of many ~Emperor players - you look in the long run and see potential in something, but in many situations short-term bonuses give you more because you can snowball

Last edited:
Has anyone played a game with The Morrigan? I'm interested in other people's opinions on the pantheon.

I always go to the god that affects bonus resources myself whose name just eluded me, it's the best on communitas - well, that or Dagda.

I read ppl saying Celt religion does not cause any pressure to own cities.
Then someone said it cause pressure vs other cities.
Are those assumptions correct?
Also if Celt spreads to another AI, will the Celt religion in THOSE cites pressure Celt cities?
Does religious buildings owned by Celts provide pressure to own cities?

Also if Celt spreads to another AI, will the Celt religion in THOSE cites pressure Celt cities?

From my experience, the Celtic religion causes pressure to your own cities but not to foreign cities. To send pressure to another AI, you need to convert foreign cities like those that belong to CS or other AIs. Otherwise, your pressure to foreign cities won't exist if only your own cities are converted. The religious buildings should pressure you own cities.

T
The logic behind it it's that Celtic pantheons are just too good to share.

Celtic pantheons literally won't work in other civs' cities.

Has anyone played a game with The Morrigan? I'm interested in other people's opinions on the pantheon.

Sure. When I first looked at the Celtic UU and their pantheon options, this to me seemed like the most logical way to play them. Only now that I appreciate how strong all their pantheon options are do I understand that they're actually an insanely flexible civ with the ability to pick their UA.

By picking Morrigan you basically pretend to be Aztecs and play exactly like that. Start by spamming warriors, upgrade to UU, spam more UU, kill barbs for faith yields to get Morrigan, kill more barbs for culture yields to get authority, then just kill everything and never stop.

I'd say it's about as strong as Aztecs, maybe a bit weaker because you don't get permanent golden age, but instead you get slightly better yields from killing.

Top Bottom