The CFC Model UN

Her Majesty's representative is present.

Don't we have to wait until everyone has finished roll call, we need to assign a speaking list, let everyone make introductory statements...

I'd actually consider swapping countries, Xen, if you are up for it. I think it would be less confusing for everyone (myself included).

if you want to, I guess so, though it seems i have a better handle on what needs to be done...

Yay! I'm Germany... I'm done for tonight but I will be available for discussion and voting tommorow :)

Romania is present.

Do we mean to conduct this debate in real time or over a set period? I can't spend much time debating this evening. If I cannot continue the debate I would like to ask that Her Majesty's loyal subject Lord Pilate be allowed to stand in for me.

Originally posted by Xen
if you want to, I guess so, though it seems i have a better handle on what needs to be done...

Seems I have a better handle on Toasty's rules. ;)

So do you want to switch?

norlamand: There is no time limit. Post when you can.

sure (but dont give me that handiling of rules, I have the official model UN rules 10 inches fromr right now :p) but sure, I'll switch with you
on the condition that I am the recognized started of the next modek UN game thread

OK, as President ;) I decree that the first topic be Saddam Hussein's trial. I will make it official in the first post.

FIRST we need to finish roll call. After that everyone must PM me requesting right to speak, and I will post the speaking list in the order I receive the PMs (with myself being first, because I'm President :p). While we are making introductory statements on the topic you may work to construct a resolution via PM. Remember you need at least 2 people to support the resolution.

sweeeet (I already have sweet idea on a differnt sort of model UN ;))

also, I have a general game suggestion- the Maximum amoutn of time the game can last is two weeks- after that, even if no resolution has been passed, the next UN game begins- this keeps things fresh, however, if there is a 3/4 majority vote, and the majority wins, the previous topic of discussion wil be continued in the next two week maximum UN session

I think there should be no game time limit. We should be able to make as many resolutions as we please.

However, I agree with a 2-week topic limit. Of course it will be stretched if we're close to being done...

why dont we let this be the first topic of discussion then- after all what better way to kick things off with all nation having a say in how the game is run?

as fo rthe time limit- there HAS to be one- after all, there is a changing of who is preseidnt in the UN, and this should be reflected in who starts the thread- basically, the line of player succesiion has already been proved- it is the "current" prez' choice at what player becomes the next president, all we need to do now is set the time limit for the presidency

The only problem is that - no offense to anyone - some of the players aren't fit to be President. Some people aren't here enough, etc.

I say we do what we did in the old UN - pretend it was a one-day session, so no changing of Presidents, etc. But, when this UN dies and the next one starts, we can reflect the current President.

thats the beuty of it- youve already named me the successor- you know that I am more the fit to handle it- I'm here enough, and am into it enough- I can assure you i will make a wise choice at a successor- and so on and so forth- its a non-issue, as long as it is always a wise choice- it worked for ancient ROme after all, thigs only got screwy in the imperial succession when someones son claimed th imperatorship, or there was a civil war ;)

i think that problem is resolved by letting people choose there own successor president for the next game

Wow, just found out this even existed :D!

Let me know if a seat opens up.

PS: EDIT: Nevermind ;).

Top Bottom