THE Civ of the Week Thread!

Because an image says more than a thousand words

All progress on this one soon finished (with some few pedia and an explorer flavour unit being everything that's left)

Be prepeared!

Finally, I have gotten the hang of this...I think.

My latest attempt at a mod has seen me include ten civilizations from five different authors.

I have included Gokturks, Mycenaean and Vandals created by cybrxkhan so far...

In order to get it to work, I had to first try them out as stand-alone mods. They all worked fine, and after making them modular, they still work fine...oh, yesss!

The exception from the modular form is sound and diplomacy. The only thing I cannot get to work yet, is other responses than First Contact. First Contact works as it should, but all other responses are still generic, not custom made.

However, the Anglo-Saxons are still not possible to play with, as they seem to be full of faults. As a stand-alone mod it doesn't work either. I believe it was the inclusion of them that caused the faults in the other of your civs in my first attempt at getting it all together in one mod. So I conclude that the other civilizations you have made are all good to go...

Right now, I'm just happy I got it working. I love having different diplo-music as well. Even though the Gokturk-music is kind of weird...it is fun, though.

Yours Sincerely

Kjotleik of Norway:)

I'm not even sure if you are still doing these civ of the week things, (I really enjoy Mycenae), but, I was wondering if you will consider this idea. How about the Scythians! Everyone seems to have overlooked them, even though they had a huge impact on many civilizations.:)
Please consider them...
Empire:The Scythian Empire
Short:Scythia
Adjective:Scythian
Leader:Ateas (Aggressive,Organized)
Flag Option 1:Brown Background/Gray Foreground (Icon:Bow w/ Arrow)
Flag Option 2:Dark Red Background/White Foreground (Icon:Bow w/ Arrow)
Flag Options 3 and 4:Brown BG or Dark Red DG/Gray FG or White FG (Icon: Up to you)
Unique Unit Option 1:Nomadic Horse Archer (Replaces Horse Archer)(Equiped with a brown or gold shortbow would be nice)
Strength:7
Movement:4
Hammers:?
DOES recieve defencive bonuses, 25% vs. Melee and Archery. Cancels/Ignores 100% vs. Mounted units for Spearman/Pikeman (If thats even possible), 100% vs. catapult/trebuchet
Unique Unit Option 2:Amoured Horseman (Replaces Chariot)(Equiped with either a spear or axe, or something like that)
Strangth:5
Movement:3
DOES recieve defencive bonuses, 75% vs. Archery, 10% bonus for attacking and defending cities, Cancels/Ignores 100% vs. Mounted units for Spearman/Pikeman (Again, If thats even possible), 50% vs. catapult/trebuchet
The first one could look like the horseman mid left, the one on the horse with the helmet on. The second one could look like the horseman on the far left, or at least close enough. Just helping you out.

Unique Building:Kurgan (Replaces Monument)
2 plus culture,10 percent defence bonus to city,3 plus research bonus
It pretty much looks like a green mound with stones surrounding it.
Building style could be european while unit art style is asian. If thats even possible.
I hope you at least consider the Scythians, I've done quite a bit of research on them. I don't know how the smilie got their, but that word up there is supposed to be Dark.
Or, actually, the art style could just be european all the way.

Here's another idea if you don't like the Scythians, or you want to do something else too, how about the Mauryan Empire? I know that the Indian and Mauryan are incredibly similar, but I still think the Mauryans should be included...
Empire:The Mauryan Empire
Short:Maurya
Adjective:Mauryan
Leader 1:Chandragupta (Expansive,Creative)
Leader 2 (optional):Asoka (You can just change Asoka from India to Mauryan)
Flag Option 1:Light-Blue Background, Black Foreground, (Icon:A flower with 16 petals)
Flag Option 2:Light-Red Background, White Foreground, (Icon:A lion facing forward with only two legs showing)
Unique Unit:Javelin Elephant (replaces war elephant)
Strength:10
Movement:2
DOES recieve defencive bonuses, 100% vs. Mounted Units, 50% City Attack, 10% vs. Archery Units
It could look like a lightly armoured war elephant w/ a fast worker on it.
Unique Building:Stupa (Replaces Library)
7 plus culture, 2 plus research, 3 plus happiness, 6 plus happiness w/ buddhism in the city (if thats possible)
It looks like a light brown dome w/ darkish brown walls surrounding it.
Obviously, the art style could be exactly like indias art style.
I hope you at least consider my two requests, both for BTS plz.:)

I believe that a good schytia could be made by looking at the one from TAM. I'm against a Mauryan empire thought, as that region (north India) is pretty much covered up by the Indian empire. If there will be a schytian empire though (and I doubt it as cybr are stuffed up with other stuff) I believe that the UB would have to be changed (too many UBs replacing monument) and the stats for UU altered as your suggestions are WAY overpowered.

Anyway, news on Zimbabwe is that now there are only some minor aesthetic changes to be made and some pictures to be taken before I think it's ready for release ;)

Anyway, news on Zimbabwe is that now there are only some minor aesthetic changes to be made and some pictures to be taken before I think it's ready for release ;)

Great to hear! :)
Btw, I second an idea of a proper Scythian civ
You guys should definitely take them up on your todo list, even if it will be rather far when you will have time to complete it

@Martimus: Thanks for the suggestions. Scythia has already been done by CivGold, however, although I am not against doing an update of CivGold's version; however, because a version is already available, as I said in the first posts, civs that are already done by others are not the top of my priorities. As for the Mauryans, I am somewhat against doing civs that have already been represented in the original game (by Ashoka, in this case, as he was the most famous ruler of the Mauryans).

@hangman: That might be an idea. Were the Cajun ever independent for a reasonable amount of time? I'm only willing to do civs that were actually independent or de facto independent for some amount of time.

@veBear: Looks good! Hope everything finishes smoothly.

@AbsintheRed: Maybe. But I already got so many civs on my possibilities list, it's ridiculous!

I have a suggestion for a civilization:Laos/Lan Xang.
Nobody has ever maked of suggested it.
Maybe I can make it myself,I just need a UU and a UB and a city list...

I have a suggestion for a civilization:Laos/Lan Xang.
Nobody has ever maked of suggested it.
Maybe I can make it myself,I just need a UU and a UB and a city list...

It's on my to-do list, actually.

See? I have potential Civ of the Weeks from all corners of the globe.

It's on my to-do list, actually.

See? I have potential Civ of the Weeks from all corners of the globe.
That's good to see.
However I do not have the time to wait a year.
I think I will make it soon,I only need a Unique Unit.
I hope you won't be angry at me.

@hangman: That might be an idea. Were the Cajun ever independent for a reasonable amount of time? I'm only willing to do civs that were actually independent or de facto independent for some amount of time.

There were some de facto independent areas in Canada during the Acadian Expulsion, but probably nothing significant. But they were relatively isolated and the culture developed fairly independently from then until around WWI-WWII, if that's what you mean.

That's good to see.
However I do not have the time to wait a year.
I think I will make it soon,I only need a Unique Unit.
I hope you won't be angry at me.

Sure, I'll move it up my list, would a month or two be fine?

There were some de facto independent areas in Canada during the Acadian Expulsion, but probably nothing significant. But they were relatively isolated and the culture developed fairly independently from then until around WWI-WWII, if that's what you mean.

I'm looking for more explicit independence, unfortunately. CotW policy states:

I will not make [...] "civilizations" that were never independent for a sufficient amount of time to begin with (such as Florida or Virginia) [...]

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm frankly only interested in making civs that were sufficiently independent.

Sure, I'll move it up my list, would a month or two be fine?
That's fine,altough I can not make a promise of not making it.
I just maked a Setthathirat Leaderhead.

Tomorrow guys, tomorrow:

Top Bottom