The Cold War Deluxe; 1950-1991

While it would be nice, some of those would really be tough I think Rita. Probably standard at this point. One of the nice things about this varient is just the biq is needed. No other files need be down loaded.

I found THE coolest USSR Pic for what I think. So if you want to make it into a leader head by all means but I had to show some one.

EDIT: also because I have become more accustomed to using my new Macromedia Flash Player MX 2004 I had to make something totaly stupid and funny so enjoy

DODGEBALL MADDNESS VIEW IT

I know it is a little [offtopic] :thumbdown but it is funny.

Attachments

• Soviet.jpg
    Soviet.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 494
I like your scenario, been playing it the last couple of days. Couple of questions, in the civilopedia it says US Marines have blitz but they have 1 movement, shouldnt they have two? or am I overlooking something? And also i dont know if this is already in the forum but i cant build the intellegence center to do espionoge missions. Also, is there a way so that you start the game locked in war and no one can make peace treaties? It gets annoying hitting the enter key 20 times between turns to view new peace treaties and then to have war declared again next turn. I like the idea that workers are hard to come by, but i think AI needs advantage, maybe not if youre playing as a smaller country but if youre US you have so much artillery you can bomb the infrastructure and pick apart countries at your leisure, they need to be able to rebuild faster. I know that has been brought up before, just my 2 cents. all in all though i really like this scenario these are just nit picky things.

I_batman said:
Hi. First time trying to post to a thread on this website. I have been playing TCW 1.4 and addicted to it, at the expense of work, social life, and my general health.

These issues may have already been identified, and I apologize if they have, but I could not see them when I scanned the thread.

1. Have found that the North Korean and South Korean barracks (produce 10.10.1 troops) are residing in Brasilia, (F key that shows Wonders).
2. When playing the Warsaw Pact and I note that the description of Akula class subs shows bombardment capabilites. When I produce the unit, it cannot bombard. Considering it has the same cost as an Oscar class, I am assuming that the design of the sub is correct, and that the Cyclopedia entry is wrong.
3. Is there something specific needed in a city to build the ICBMwonder. As the WP, I can build it, but appears I can build only in costal cities. I can't build it in Moscow.
4. The WP carrier (can't remember the name, perhaps Valkeryie class) that shows up in the tech SuperCarrier is not buildable. The description is there, but I have researched the tech, and can't build it.

Fabulous scenario!

One comment: It seems no matter how I play the game, the U.S. will win via Space Race. Played as Canada at Emperor and U.S won space race around turn 180. Playing the WP at Deity, at around turn 170 the U.S. has 5 parts of the ship built. Can't see the game going beyond turn 200.

El Justo also wanted me to update my results playing as Canada in this thread. Playing as Emperor, at the point when U.S. won Space Race, Canada occupied North and Central Africa, Cuba, Arab peninusla, Pakistan, India, and China. Avoided all direct conflict with the Russian juggernaut, but they were very quiet throughout, other than bombing my transports. I built my Military Academy in Algiers, and this really helped getting my newly created armies into the fray in Asia. I believe at the end I had over 20 armies of Leopard I tanks, that were pretty much unstoppable, when supported by F-16's, and F-4's.
I_batman,

it's good to see you were able to post your results...

1. some errors occurred w/ the autoproducing wonders..and this is one of them. thanks for finding it. it should be fixed.
2. it's likely the Civilopedia entry is wrong. i'd have to look at the master stat sheet again.
3. not sure about the ICBM thing...so long as they're being autopro'd correctly.
4. i shall look into the soviet carrier issue also.

thanks and keep 'em comin ;)

apopholeus813 said:
I like your scenario, been playing it the last couple of days. Couple of questions, in the civilopedia it says US Marines have blitz but they have 1 movement, shouldnt they have two? or am I overlooking something? And also i dont know if this is already in the forum but i cant build the intellegence center to do espionoge missions. Also, is there a way so that you start the game locked in war and no one can make peace treaties? It gets annoying hitting the enter key 20 times between turns to view new peace treaties and then to have war declared again next turn. I like the idea that workers are hard to come by, but i think AI needs advantage, maybe not if youre playing as a smaller country but if youre US you have so much artillery you can bomb the infrastructure and pick apart countries at your leisure, they need to be able to rebuild faster. I know that has been brought up before, just my 2 cents. all in all though i really like this scenario these are just nit picky things.
apopholeus813,

iirc, we reduced the US Marine unit's mvmt from 2 to 1 b/c it was moving at the same clip as wheeled/mech units.

which civ are you playing as? if USA, then you should only have the "Central Intelligence Agency" GW pre-placed...the othger NATO-like civs can build the second-tiered "Intelligence Center" SW.

i'm really thinking about how fast the game would go if i 'locked' the state of war. good point.

workers are at a premium. that's for sure. production issues are something we worked on pretty hard in the last revision...but we're always trying to keep an eye on the lesser civs so that they don't just get swallowed up.

El Justo,

I've begun a new game as US (i wanted to be 'ard). I wanted to build an interceptor for air defence in my continental cities, having read the 'pedia entries i went for the F104 Starfighter (mainly coz it has the best name, although also the best defensive stat of all the aircraft i could build). Unfortunately, it cant do air superiority missions. None of the 'pedia entries mention which aircraft can and can't, although granted some are obviously GAR varients. Otherwise though, the 'pedia entries are a great read - in fact i always check out the entry whenever i see a new unit.

On a more serious point i notice that South Africa is classed as a democracy. The Scenario begins well within the Apartheid era and so i hope we can all agree that Apartheid was no democracy.

Anyway i'm off to shoot some Commies.

IvorEd

Klyden said:
El Justo requested I upload this multi-player version, so here it is. Basically, the description is on post 522. Nothing extra is needed, just have the latest version of TCW and this should work fine as it is pointed to those folders.

I also want to thank El Justo for the opportunity to tinker with his excellent scenario as my first post of a biq file. :D

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Count me in for a PBEM game ... my email is pbg82@hotmail.com I am new at this but I shouldn't have a hard time figuring it out. I'm reliable I won't quit.

(BTW, next part of my story this afternoon) ;)

Vietnam MP/PBEM spinoff update Feb 21 2005

i've been adding in the special wonders for NV as well as some misc. arty pieces. below is a the replacement gfx for the 155MM Howitzer arty (Wyrmshadow).

Attachments

• TCWTDT155.JPG
    TCWTDT155.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 325
Esteban said:
In the middle of August the Mossad Counter-Espionnage team caught an English spy. Spying among allies had always existed, but things had gotten heavier lately. Some even said the war was already under way, some kind of Cold War, fought with moles and spies instead of tanks and soldiers. Anyway, this english spying incident would mean that McMillian would have to remove his troops on a small Island near Tel-Aviv. Things were sure tense everywhere around the world. By December 31st 1960, Tel-Aviv commissioned it's first MC-48, hurried with the last remaining dollar of the fund. The same night, Jerusalem celebrated the opening of the Public Works, creating new jobs for Jewish engineers. All in all, the year went by pretty much eventlessly.

Everyone was doing their business, and Yashar was still expecting his war. By march, Ben-Gurion got furious. "That freakin tank that couldn't wait another year, that cost me so damn much, what does it do ? Sit around in Tel-Aviv since december ! God damned waste of money. Nevermore. The next time I order a freakin tank it'll be Israel-designed, Isreal-made. God damnit. I got reports this morning, these new Israeli designed tanks will be ready for construction in two years. Intented for desert. Did you know that ?!" He knew that. He was just certain war would break out before. His title of ministry of defense was hanging by a thread when Moscow saved his butt and announced they had discovered the Art of War. Surely this meant something. All in all, 1961 went by like the year before, and while everyone was rocking in Stroudsbourg, Israeli was calm and going well.

"Sir Yashar, big new at the Parliment... we received demands for a gold tribute to be given to Kroutchev.
-God damnit what did Gurion do ?
-He complied but he's mad as hell. We're tight on money these days. He sure misses that cash you made him spent for the tank. Anyway, you know last april we discovered the secrets of Mecanized Infantry... yeah well now he wants to delay the research in those new Israeli tanks, too costly, too long he says. Tel-Aviv is bathing in garbage and he wants to go for Ecology.
-God damnit what a stupid son of a ... with all due respects it seems obvious to me Kroutchev is gonna request tributes from everyone no just little Israel. And not everyone's gonna comply that's for sure. War will break out we need these tanks asap."

Yashar had contacts with all three town governors, David Youssef, Elijah Bernstein and Paul Rasenberg. He made towns secretly work on tank parts so that the new tank would be ready to built when the final plans were in... he also gave each governor special 'advantages' if they'd convince Gurion of the urgency of these new tanks.

Next moth, Armored Tactics was under research. 18 months and it'd be ready.

In July, Stockholm built it's Observatory. Again making Ben-Gurion mad as a bull : "WHAT THE HELL IS AN OBSERVATORY ! HOW COME WE DON'T KNOW THESE SECRETS ?!? YOU ARE YOUR DAMN TANKS !" Something had to be done to shut him up, or else he wouldn't endure the year left for the tanks to be under way. Maybe the Mossad could help... spies were planted in various allied countries. In a couple of months we would undertake a very perilious mission, tech stealing. By the end of 1962, the country's gold chest was rebuilt and there was only a year left before Isreal could undertake massive tank creation.

"Yassar for god's sake, the Arab culture is starting to grow on our own territories. We need stadiums, theaters, anything to boost the Hebrew word. We have got to switch production
-Sir, with all due respect, you will see the Hebrew culture flourish at a spectacular rate when our new tanks will crush the puny Arab League.
-Of course ... of course..."

Premier Gurion wasn't a man unlike any other. He longed for more power. Yassar's plan was to use his new desert-riding tanks to conquer all the south of the Arabic territories, Riyadh, Muscat and Aden, as soon as World War III would break out. With luck, he would try to get Damascus as well. When this was over, he would try to convince the Warsaw Pact to come to terms with him, anticipating a major peace move by all the nations. This would give him time to consolidate his defenses for the inevitable restart of the war. An imperfect, but good plan.

1963 was calm like few years had been before for the Hebrew people. But in December, the 3 first Merkava 1 tanks were commissioned.

3 days later, a Jew advisor in the Green America Society managed to transfer a new set of plans to a Mossad Operative in California. It cost a bunch, but Ecology was discovered. 1964 was promising to go well.

SIDE NOTE : Turn lengths are MUCH longer than my last game when I played America. In 1962 there is about 4-5 minutes between turns while last game there was about 1 minute in 1968. Humm just thinking about it, maybe the fact that my Explorer is open while I play is the problem...I'll see when war breaks out what it becomes... also, thanks for the positive feedback :D

Esteban said:
"Sir Yashar, big new at the Parliment... we received demands for a gold tribute to be given to Kroutchev.
-God damnit what did Gurion do ?
-He complied but he's mad as hell. We're tight on money these days. He sure misses that cash you made him spent for the tank. Anyway, you know last april we discovered the secrets of Mecanized Infantry... yeah well now he wants to delay the research in those new Israeli tanks, too costly, too long he says. Tel-Aviv is bathing in garbage and he wants to go for Ecology.
-God damnit what a stupid son of a ... with all due respects it seems obvious to me Kroutchev is gonna request tributes from everyone no just little Israel. And not everyone's gonna comply that's for sure. War will break out we need these tanks asap."

Yashar had contacts with all three town governors, David Youssef, Elijah Bernstein and Paul Rasenberg. He made towns secretly work on tank parts so that the new tank would be ready to built when the final plans were in... he also gave each governor special 'advantages' if they'd convince Gurion of the urgency of these new tanks.

Next moth, Armored Tactics was under research. 18 months and it'd be ready.

In July, Stockholm built it's Observatory. Again making Ben-Gurion mad as a bull : "WHAT THE HELL IS AN OBSERVATORY ! HOW COME WE DON'T KNOW THESE SECRETS ?!? YOU ARE YOUR DAMN TANKS !" Something had to be done to shut him up, or else he wouldn't endure the year left for the tanks to be under way. Maybe the Mossad could help... spies were planted in various allied countries. In a couple of months we would undertake a very perilious mission, tech stealing. By the end of 1962, the country's gold chest was rebuilt and there was only a year left before Isreal could undertake massive tank creation.

"Yassar for god's sake, the Arab culture is starting to grow on our own territories. We need stadiums, theaters, anything to boost the Hebrew word. We have got to switch production
-Sir, with all due respect, you will see the Hebrew culture flourish at a spectacular rate when our new tanks will crush the puny Arab League.
-Of course ... of course..."

Premier Gurion wasn't a man unlike any other. He longed for more power. Yassar's plan was to use his new desert-riding tanks to conquer all the south of the Arabic territories, Riyadh, Muscat and Aden, as soon as World War III would break out. With luck, he would try to get Damascus as well. When this was over, he would try to convince the Warsaw Pact to come to terms with him, anticipating a major peace move by all the nations. This would give him time to consolidate his defenses for the inevitable restart of the war. An imperfect, but good plan.

1963 was calm like few years had been before for the Hebrew people. But in December, the 3 first Merkava 1 tanks were commissioned.

3 days later, a Jew advisor in the Green America Society managed to transfer a new set of plans to a Mossad Operative in California. It cost a bunch, but Ecology was discovered. 1964 was promising to go well.

SIDE NOTE : Turn lengths are MUCH longer than my last game when I played America. In 1962 there is about 4-5 minutes between turns while last game there was about 1 minute in 1968. Humm just thinking about it, maybe the fact that my Explorer is open while I play is the problem...I'll see when war breaks out what it becomes... also, thanks for the positive feedback :D

January first 1964, the Warsaw Pact requested a tribute. Ben Gurion refused to give in. War broke out. Two Merkava headed for Riyad, one remained in Tel-Aviv to counter incoming attacks. Three commandos also headed for Riyadh. During January, intense fights took place in the Arab town and by february it was taken without any loss. A tank and 2 Arab Infantry were also killed near Tel-Aviv. Our 3 Merkava had became Elite. Everything was going well, as expected by Yashar who had become a world-wide celebrity, "The man who saw it coming". In the middle of February though, a surprise message from a Eisenhower, a request for much money, the kind of money Israel made in two months. Given the current situation, and since he had some money in stock, Gurion had no choice but to give in.

Well, war is going pretty good and I guess there is not much point in going on about this story. The point is : Israel is a pretty good Middle-East nation and can crush the Arab Nation as soon as it has the Merkava. Great game start.

IvorEd said:
On a more serious point i notice that South Africa is classed as a democracy. The Scenario begins well within the Apartheid era and so i hope we can all agree that Apartheid was no democracy.

Ivored,

If you want to use this argument America Wasn't a Democracy either, do you remember the entire segregated south in 1960.

South Africa was a democratic country; I’m talking about political systems not a moral issue, who discriminated a segment of their population. Like America did, and then was America a democracy in 1960?

After that comment I really need to say that I’m against all forms of discrimination based on race, gender, religion, language, sexual orientation… I’m really proud to say that I’m lucky enough to live in a really diverse neighborhood.

for game play purposes, S Africa should probably be a "Republic".

IvorEd and Metacomet both raise good points but to stay w/in the framework of the civ3 engine is probably the most improtant thing...

Updating my game results as WP, Deity level. As expected U.S. won the game with space race win, and turns out it was exactly turn 200. I do have a problem with this U.S. win. As WP, I don't know what improvements/wonder I have to build in order to start building the parts of the ship. At the time of the U.S. win, I was researching SDI, and had all other techs. But I could not build ANY parts. From the space race link, when I try to assign a city to build a part, in the drop down menu to choose a city, in red letters, I read NO CITY MAY BUILD. I should have been able to build at least 5. At this time, I had conquered the U.K., and captured the Apollo program, and had built the ICBM plant. I did not build any manufacturing plants or chemical plants, in any of my cities, due to the ensuing pollution problems they would create. So unless there is something I am missing, there is no way for anybody except the U.S.to win this scenario, outside of a major power attacking and capturing Washington to destroy their space program. Given the huge military the U.S. have, I don't think that is possible.

Am I missing something?

Oh, and does any civ gain any units with the learning of the Attack Helicopters tech? It is not needed to gain another technology, and as the WP, it did no good.

Thanks.

Top Bottom