The Cold War Deluxe; 1950-1991

Thought this screen shot may be of interest. Playing Japan testing 1.5.
NATO a couple turns into one of many wars with WP. Not all the carriers show up because of stacking, but there are 8 carriers from 3 separate civ's: U.K, U.S., and Brazil in this shot. Oh, and the New Jersey is in one of the stacks.
Jeez, I wish the oceans were bigger to really allow for the potential of carrier based air warfare to be explored. Not possible, but would be oh so nice.

Attachments

• carriers.JPG
    carriers.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 186
I suggest you use Ripptides F-104 instead of mine. His looks better. Since I dont have time to play anymore, I don't ever get to see my stuff in game. And now I wish I had because that Forrestal looks terrible with those pallete issues. I have not DL'd this scenario so I don't know what units are used.

Drivebymaster said:
Hey El...I think I have some really good satellite units....I mean I know I have one because I DL'ed it a while ago
well, i only found 1 of them. could you post a pic or a link of others?

Kly, this (a satellite unit) was your idea way back when, remember?

Wyrmshadow said:
I suggest you use Ripptides F-104 instead of mine. His looks better. Since I dont have time to play anymore, I don't ever get to see my stuff in game. And now I wish I had because that Forrestal looks terrible with those pallete issues. I have not DL'd this scenario so I don't know what units are used.
i wasn't aware that he had made an f104 :confused:

i think that it's the jpeg/Paint conversion that makes the forrestal look like that...i know in-game, all of your units look very nice and some are absolutley stunning.

CJNyfalt said:
Another comment:
I noticed that there exist an C.F.Adams Class DDG, which the Germans also should get, instead of the generic destroyer they get now.
"Country Of Origin: Germany
Designation: Destroyer
Class: LUTJENS (MODIFIED CHARLES F ADAMS)
(TYPE 103B) (DDGS)
In Service: 3 "
-http://www.nasog.net/datasheets/warships/destroyers/Lutjens_Class.htm
generic DDGs, SSs, and SSNs are removed entirely from v1.5. the only generic sea unit i left in was the DE.

WG will have a beefier navy now but not by a whole lot...

El Justo said:
i wasn't aware that he had made an f104 :confused:

i think that it's the jpeg/Paint conversion that makes the forrestal look like that...i know in-game, all of your units look very nice and some are absolutley stunning.

I agree. The conversion did take something away from the image.

28 June play-testing results as the UK -- Deity

production levels are about where we want them i think...anywhere from about 8 or 9 turns for infantry type units and high teens/low 20s for mech units.

the UK benefits greatly from having (by far!) the best 1st generation MBT, the Centurion. if my memory serves me right, this is accurate as the centurion was in a class by itself for a while.

starvation issues have arisen for London. i really hate it when cities go into starvation mode. i know the Brits rationed their food during and after the war but come on now!! i'm going to fix this and i ask that anyone else who is playtesting to let me know if you run across this issue as well.

the revised min/max tech research times seems to be working also. i seem to be on pace to unlock my last tech somewhere in the late 50s which is exactly where i need it to be...

perhaps the best news to report thus far is the lightning-fast turn times. granted, the UK does not have a large pop center but hey, 60-90 second turn times in 1954 (some 60 turns in) is fantastic. call me a dork if you may but i sat there w/ a stopwatch and actually timed the turns and they all came in under 2 mins each. this is very, very encouraging and i look forward to seeing if this continues as i progress into the next eras.

also, i put the finishing touches on the Civilopedia.txt last night. there's not a doubt in my mind that this Civilopedia is the most extensive ever assembled in the history of civ3. i'm talkin' about close to 500 units! this doesn't even count in the improvements and wonders. as usual, i've tucked in a few surprises/revealations ;)

El Justo said:
also, i put the finishing touches on the Civilopedia.txt last night. there's not a doubt in my mind that this Civilopedia is the most extensive ever assembled in the history of civ3. i'm talkin' about close to 500 units! this doesn't even count in the improvements and wonders. as usual, i've tucked in a few surprises/revealations ;)

You do realize that you are quite mad. :)
I have a brief glimpse of the work that goes into this, and I fear few appreciate the effort you have expended on this.

El I got Pounder to make some new pollution graphics for us and here is the link to the finished product..

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2879287&postcount=28

I am working on the Satellite....cuz I could have sworn I had one that looked like the Stock CIV SDI sattelite.....I have to search through a big ass library...like 2-3 gigs worth of units and other mods

I_batman said:
You do realize that you are quite mad. :)
I have a brief glimpse of the work that goes into this, and I fear few appreciate the effort you have expended on this.
heh...well, you know me...detail-oriented and all.

it adds to the experience i believe and thank God for fas.org, globalsecurity.org and wikipedia!

Drivebymaster said:
El I got Pounder to make some new pollution graphics for us and here is the link to the finished product..

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2879287&postcount=28

I am working on the Satellite....cuz I could have sworn I had one that looked like the Stock CIV SDI sattelite.....I have to search through a big ass library...like 2-3 gigs worth of units and other mods
why don't you clean up that one i sent you? i'm no unit artist but it looks like it has pallette issues.

I just fired up TCW 1.5 Beta, and have three suggestions/requests.

#1. P-51's were Army AirForce/Airforce, so they shouldn't be based on carriers. The F-9 Panthers came online in July of '50, so I would say put those on the carriers at the start.

#2. Change the Iowa Class Battleship description. Right now, it only describes the New Jersey. I also noticed you have 2 entries in the units and in the Civilopedia for the WWII/Post War Iowas. One for NJ and one for Iowa class. May I suggest, clear out the the NJ and use Iowa class.

#3. I have an idea about leaderheads. Possibly get rid of the animated ones for now, since they are obviously not the ones representing the appropriate leaders, and in some cases, genders. I got an idea from looking at the 2004 scenario, where they just have still photos of the leaders. (A possible stand in until someone may do correct ones in Poser for TCW)

Here is a possible text that could be used for the Iowa BB in the Civilopedia.

Attachments

• Iowa BB Civilopedia Text.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 67
nice work vingrjoe.

- noted on the p51. thanks.

- i forgot to revise the postwar iowa civilopedia entry. it is from 1.4 where there was only the New Jersey. i shall insert your letters... :)

- that's a great idea about the still pics as leaderheads. however, since i am a complete graphical dunce, i know not how to convert them into civ format. one problem i have w/ leaders and leaderheads is that over the course of the scenario, most leaders are gone w/in 4, 8 or however many yrs. thus, flags seem to be the most reasonable. i mean, hey, the scenario starts in 1950 and stalin, ratfink that he was, is still the soviet leader in, say, 1986 :confused: what i would like to see would be still pics of a flag. i say 'still' b/c i like to try and limit the total amount of the DL package and, well, i am a minimalist so...

El Justo thanks for making an excellent scenario:)

Sofar I only tried the Chinese but I am definitly lost on this one.
Going to try out each civ starting with the Scandinavians today!

One thing I notice in 1.4 is that every other civ change to Democracy so
at the end I am one lonly communist.
A bit strange to me and I was hoping for a change in 1.5 making it impossible to change government :D

civ3Monkey said:
I was hoping for a change in 1.5 making it impossible to change government :D
thanks civ3Monkey and i have good news for you...changing govts will be disabled in v1.5; except for our spanish friends who start out in fascism but have the option of switching to democarcy. iow, the commies won't be able to switch govts.

El Justo, another note on the F9 Panthers, I noticed they do not have rebase ability. Is this intentional or just an oversight ? Thanks.

Top Bottom