1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Despot Thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Chieftess, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

What's this? :eek: Breaking away from the Motherland? Is your personal drive for a throne so intense that you would seek to form your own nation? You were welcomed back into the mightiest nation in the known world...and yet you cast us away, like an old shoe.

So be it, young Tasius. You shall live and learn. I shall not trample you under foot (for now). Atrouia shall exist inside Fanatica as its own entity. You have borders now. Make sure any troops you raise stay well within them.

Tsk, Tsk. Now I fully understand why they call you Tasius the Bold.

2. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Julius's Messenger: I announce that Nar Shaaddaland is an independent country, with Julius as the despot.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    In the dark alleyway Leninus Vissarus stands on top of a heap of Garbage and looks at the Despot's Palace

Leninus: One day, Ill clame my right on the throne.

Citizen: Hey!

Leninus: (To himself) Uh oh

Citizen: arent you that guy from the Jade Commando's Camp blabing all them nonsence

Leninus: Yes, why do you ask?

Citizen: I would like to support your cause, come to the farmlands, you are needed there

Leninus follows the Stranger to his Farm

OOC: Leninus, made a Bee-line to the Capital city

4. Plexus

Plexus Architeuthidae puericomedentis

You see, I am the despot. You took over in a kind of coup d'etat, while never even attempting to contact me or search for me. That is not the conduct of a gentleman, Atrouia is the result of your greed.

5. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Thomas Anderson approaches the hut of the Despot.
    Oh noble Diutius. I am but a poor man, but I am a man with skills. Please, I come with a request. There are now many nations of Fanatican birth that are no longer part of mother Fanatica. Permit me to serve as your ambassador to these nations. I ask for nothing in return, other then perhaps a piece of land adjacent to my home with the DiSaaMuels. I ask not for a title or a promotion, just to serve my despot.
    As Thomas is making his plea, Smith DiSaaMuel aproaches him
    Smith: Ah, Mr. Anderson. Mother is looking for you. Why are you bothering approaching the great Diutius. He does not have time for commoners like you. Its survival of the fitests. This is our time. Our society. To you, it is soley "Me, me, me, me" Well you know what? Me too! We all have urges to fufil. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some laps to run.

(OCC- This is my Commoner. Eventually, he and Smith DiSaaMuel will get on eachothers nerves.)
    (Also- Managed to fit Matrix lines in. Woohoo!)

6. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

Quote: Written by stuck

Ah, Mr Anderson.

I just have to write this in comment.

My name is not Mr. Anderson. Its Neo...

:lol:

7. GenMarshall

Sergei Vissarus's Messenger: I announce that Little Itay is an Independent country, with Leninus as the Despot. Here is the Map of Novaya Russia that is attached to this message.

Yours,
    Sergei Vissarus

8. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

CG: Is this a bad joke?? Everyone is starting up new nations...

@Dis: Now you see what I meant in my pm...

9. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: :lol: CivG, this isn't the future, or Empire Earth :rolleyes:

10. GenMarshall

Ive renamed it to Little Italy

11. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

Character: Sparticus Atticus

Sparticus approaches the Despot peacefully and with a look of admiration in his otherwise cold, near-black eyes. His intentions are non-violent, but he carries his 12-inch iron dagger under his cloak where he reach it at a moment's notice.

Sparticus: Oh Great and Glorious Emperor Lifespanius, I approach ye today as one of your common citizens who wishes to better serve his lord and liege. I beseach of you that you grant me a small parcel of land upon which I can build an army to serve you, my King and Almighty. In return I will pledge to you allegiance against the hostile rebel provinces that are appearing in defiance of your devine right to rule. I pledge to use any troops I raise in defense of King and Country against all invaders, foreign and domestic, who might His or Its undoing. Please, sire, I am but a peasant, but one skilled in the arts of war. I am a born leader of men. I beg it, please let me serve you, my lord.

12. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Anderson: My lord, I beg of you. Now is the time for Diplomacy. My adopted sister and I (Fortuna) are willing to serve as intermeidaries between you and all others. My adopted brother, though... He may be a different story. He seems to be a renegade. Who knows?

13. Cyc

@Sparticus Atticus - Had I known of your existance, I would have granted you a land tile and a legion. I respect your fighting ability and welcome your support. But...

All of this is meaningless, as the conflict manager has not granted you any troops. The Despot is the only one who can afford troops at this point in time, so you are not able to take a city. You can claim your own Nation, but it is meaningless also. I could walk in with tropps and take it away.

Please stop this foolishness until we get word from from the appropriate managers.

14. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

OOC: Cyc, I will gladly wait for word from the proper Manager. However....

IC:
    M'lord, if I cannot yet raise troops to serve you, than let my land parcel exist in name only, and let me serve you with word and deed until the time that I can raise a sword to fight for my Emperor.

15. GenMarshall

Ceaser Jade: Emperor Diutius Lifespanius, I have heard about the rebelion. I would like to have the Jade Commandos take down Little Italy. I would like a small parcel of land in exchange for my Family's Loyalty to you. I will rase an Army to take down Little Italy and to serve the King and Country. Please let me prove my Family's Loyalty.

16. Cyc

All Land Grants have been revoked as of this moment. All Nobility promotions given by me are revoked as of this moment. Any promotions received from other Despots may stay, but you still lose your Land Grant. Land Tiles given to Helena and Tasius will remain theirs. These are to be the only exceptions.

Signed,
    The Despot

17. Plexus

Plexus Architeuthidae puericomedentis

To: Diutius of Fanatica
    Know that Atrouia supports the motherland in this time of turmoil. Please do not compare Atrouia with the rogue states of Nar Shaddaland or Little Italy.

18. GenMarshall

To: Diutius of Fanatica

I would lke to reasure you that the Jade Commandos would like to remain loyal to your servace. I would like to be the Commander of my own troops that would serve with the Jade Commandos and the Despot. Please, Diutius, could you let me and the Jade Commandos command a unit of 15 Military units. In return I will pledge to you allegiance against the hostile rebel provinces that are appearing in defiance of your devine right to rule. I if land grants have been revoked, I would like to request the Despot to create 10 Units of Legonares placed under the Jade Commando's command.

Commander of the Jade Commandos,
    Ceaser Jade

19. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Kaite mublems....
    Well, Least I'm still a Contessa....
    Bye single tile of land which I had no control over the production of...

20. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Dearest Diutius
    [OOC: i still have to check if im still alive, if not im talking as bellona here :)]

the lands i own and controll have troops as royal guard. they will protect the capitol, the family and all things we own.
    at this moment of time, i am only giving you moral support and will stay in the background of the process. Of course you will have my good words with you on your way to crush the rebels and my pledge to stand behind you. I will keep your back clean to allow you a grand fight, as i know you have enough troops and abilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.