1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Despot Thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Chieftess, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Thank you, oh nobelest of despots. The DiSaaMuel family will treasure this peace of land.
    Now which one of the kids gets it....

2. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

OOC:
    shaitan: we considered iron to be available as soon as discovered in the last rpg. thats why we assumed it to be like that in this game. would propably make things easier... the rpg till now is not resource reglemented, but more or less tech reglemented.
    as such, the units can be created as soon as the tech is there. if we dont do it that we we should also only allow businesses or people to create iron things if they walk up to the iron and build it there. or at least connect their business location with a road to the iron :p

3. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Thank you for the grant of land, oh great despot Diutius. I will use that tile to supply my warrior unit with food and shields. I am right now moving myself and my unit to Nar Shaddaa to protect it.

4. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I'm going to have to agree heavily with Dis on that one, Shaitan. We are holding back many things because of the tech level of the DG. Now when we have discovered Iron, which is the tech need for the Legionary, you say we have to have an easily accessable source. We waited for the tech, slappin' us down until we satisfy a newly made rule is not a good thing to do. Dis is right, the RPG is Tech based.

5. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

I'm okay with either way, so long as we're consistant.

6. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

ooc@game management:
    so maybe a clarifying sentence in the ruleset would do us good, ct :)

7. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

Janus Nero: My house are very greatfull for this trust you have shown us in granting us usage of this land... We will not betray your trust in our family... :D

OOC: Janus is the leader of the house untill he dies and then it wil be alexander, his son. September is Januses daughter. Im glad that you listened to my proposal to give out land to the noble familys. :D

8. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

OOC: I assume that Julius's warrior unit was automatically upgraded to legion at the cost of the Despot, and that Julius will now support the upkeep costs with the food and shield produced by his tile. I also have a question: Do all of the nobles granted land now have a legionary unit, supplied by the Despot?

9. Cyc

Boots - In answer to your last question, yes. I have given all the Nobles the use of 1 military unit to protect the tile (you are also stationed to protect the city of Nar Shadda). I have covered the cost of the unit, the Noble will cover the upkeep (1 food, 1 shield) per turn (or as a whole, per t/c).

In reference to the begining, I assumed at the time of the writing that the Conflict Manager's ruling was correct. Octavian X claimed that you lost control of you last unit, so I gave you another. The tile you are caring for only has the resource to cover the upkeep for one unit. Therefore, if it is ruled that you still have your last one, your new one will be taken back and your tile (my tile) will cover the upkeep of your unit. (BTW Octavian, if it unfolds this way, I will only require 39 Legions, not 40.)

10. Cyc

Emperor Diutius asks the Captain of the Guard about Tasius, "I would definitely like to speak to the Prince. Do you know of his whereabouts?"

The legionary puts one hand on his sword and brings the other to his chest in a fist, "Aye, my Leige. After Prince Tasius bathed he disappeared. No report of him recently, though I will double check now."

11. Plexus

Plexus Architeuthidae puericomedentis

"I am here, Diutius... Surely you do not need to keep tabs on me whereever I go. I was mearly visiting family and I took a trip to Noshuret."

12. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Helena enters the room:
    "Ah, hello my love" and goes over to Diutius to give him a kiss... then she sees her brother and looks surprised...
    "Tasius? Is it you? Oh my god! We thought you got killed by the babarians or whatever! We heard nothing about your whereabouts! Did you already hear about father?"
    She then runs over to her brother and hugs him... tars in her eyes...

13. Cyc

Diutius smiles. Tsk, tsk, Helena enough with the tears and the emotions. I'm sure Tasius is aware of all that has gone on here.

Tasius, my friend, it is good to see you again. Tell me, what are your plans and is there anything I can do for you in my short time as Despot?

14. Cyc

Upon my death, Praeditus Lifespanius Maximus will succeed to Despot. He shall remain as Despot until his death. Any new lands that come into our nation will then be his to determine the use of. Also, any balance of resources shall be transferred over to him. To this day, only two parcels of land are owned by people other than the Despot. Those would be the 13 tiles owned by Helena and the three tile owned by Marcus (three hills between Noshuret and Gorina), both of which were given by the great Sage Atrous.

All current Land Grants (see last proclamation) will carry over indefinitely, but may be increased (in responsibility or rank) or decreased, even ended if need be. Servitude would go to Maximus. I ask that Maximus carry on the works of Land Grants to worthy citizens.

All of the troops within my lands shall then come under Maximus' command. New troops and upgrades shall be at his discretion.

More to come.

15. Cyc

Praeditus Lifespanius Maximus beems with pride as he reads the proclamtion. Being only 14 years of age, this is a heavy responsibilty, but Maximus has learned alot in his lifetime and is ready for the challenge.

16. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Antony: Thank you Despot Diutius.

OOC: I was pronounce Marquis by Plexus before... Oh well. I have land :).

17. Cyc

As we, the nation of Fanatica, look back on our history, one figure stands tall in the not-too-distant past. That man is Sage Atrous. Yes, the figure whose image was cast to create the Bronze staue in front of the Palace here in Gorina. We all knew him well. That statue is a constant reminder of what a true, noble leader the man was.

He son, Tasius (the Bold) is now with us as a citizen of Fanatica, but has no evidence of his stature as the great leader he is. I will therefore rectify that situation by granting ownership of three land tiles SE of Noshuret. These would be the three plains tiles starting with the roaded one SE of the Lake and extending 2 tiles to the NE.

May Tasius live in harmony with the land there, and may his days be fruitful.

18. Cyc

My mistake, Antony. Yes, you will keep your current title plus be granted the land use.

19. Plexus

Tasius: Thank you, Diutius, you show great wisdom through your actions. While not the Despotism that I deserve, it is still something. Thus, I thank you.

20. Plexus

I, Prince Amulius Atrous Tasius, proclaim the land given to me by Despot Diutius: soverign. The new nation of Atrouia shall be formed, South East of Noshuret. I am the despot of Atrouia, and my wife, Alexia, Despotess.

Refrence (OOC):

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.