The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

I've been playing around with the mannequin mod. I think I'll keep it - nice way to sort out stuff. (One for weapons/armor, another for magic/alchemy...)

I'm talking about interior decorating.The furniture is ok.

Chieftess said:
I've been playing around with the mannequin mod. I think I'll keep it - nice way to sort out stuff. (One for weapons/armor, another for magic/alchemy...)

mannequin is harder and slower to access than regular containers like chest and barrels in my experience. They might also use up more memory when you put too many of them in one room.

Whilst exploring for Nimroots, I wound up in a cat fight - in water!

Spoiler :

Nimroots can be found in these types of locations:

- Next to lakes/rivers, especially in the marshes.
- All around Leyawinn Castle.
- In groups of rocks (usually of 3) near rivers - a few are a little more inland. Also, crabs seem to be near them.
- There's atleast 1 in a house, but you have to steal it.
- On the grounds of forts or ruins, typically near a door or stairway.

In another quest, my companion bashed this Khajit, and he wound up in the fire!

More pretty scenery.
(Note: I thought I took one of the leaves changing in the fall, with a city in the background - guess it's not there.)

A deer hunt (among other things) to build up some of my magic stats.

Spoiler :
In one of the Fighter's Guild quests, I defeated someone and got some nice Elvin Armor (and sword)! Heavy, though... I might use the Sigil Stone on that sword, or wait for it to level up.

This was actually from last night when I decided to see how the ragdoll physics works. (the whole regiment came after me! Then a stray gaurd and event gaurd the next day).

This was actually from last night when I decided to see how the ragdoll physics works. (the whole regiment came after me! Then a stray gaurd and event gaurd the next day).
I approve! :goodjob:

Avelon said:
I approve! :goodjob:

Should've gotten a screenie or two of a weak fireball (seems to have the most explosive power) striking a pile of gaurds and watching them fly.

Anyway, I'm somewhat stuck on the ogre quest where I have to defeat the ogres (in the north-east area). I found the orc's daughter, but she keeps telling me to defeat them - and they aren't there. There was one by the house, so maybe the rest will come if I stay there...

Chieftess said:
Should've gotten a screenie or two of a weak fireball (seems to have the most explosive power) striking a pile of gaurds and watching them fly.
A fun thing to do is find someone who's sleeping and riddle them with arrows. Find an NPC that can't be killed, such as
Spoiler :
Methredhel
and just go nuts. Save first, obviously. Keep in mind they'll likely be stunned, but if you damage them they'll probably get up. Then you can shoot them and watch the beautiful physics as they're stunned and go limp.

ATI Radeon 9800 AGP. Works ok in 800x600 mode - a few instances of choppiness if there's a lot of rocks in the area.

Anyway, I finished the Fighter's Guild quests, and I'm now a Guildmaster! :D (And, I got myself some Glassware - weapons and armor that is!)

My first task was to recruit new members. (how long is a month in Oblivion time? Always 30 days?)

The silhouette of Imperial City in fog. Truly a...symbol...to the Gods.

Got a bit frustrated with my last game, did too much at once. I present my new character - Kan Miho, and her trusty steed - Horsicus Fantasticus!

Dude...you're like totally on fire!

Thank you, originally it was pink and I had to start over :p Darn sewers don't give the proper light.

Specs =....erm.

Windows XP
2GB RAM
3.2 Ghz Pentium 4
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Video Card

Thank that's all the major stuff.

Edit: Oh wait, I have two CD Drives and a floppy as well (!), if that helps :p

So, what other types of characters are you going to play as?

After this one, I'm thinking of trying:

- A bruin Orc warrior. Strictly warrior class, no mage's guild or anything.
- High Elf mage. I think this will be a challenge. The only armor will be the standard robe, and the only weapon will be the staff. (I was thinking maybe a battlemage as an alternative)
- Dark Elf thief/assassin (I know you can only have 1, but that one will be in the Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's Guild, and possibly wreck general havoc).
- Red Guard. Pure knight class.

My original was a standard Imperial Archer. T'was fun, but not enough.

Kan Miho is a proper Breton Knight. Much better with the fighting, though I really want to try a mage/battle mage soon. I usually have a character called Kan Fina for that :)

And a proper thief class sounds most fun as well.

Kan' Sharuminar said:
Thank you, originally it was pink and I had to start over :p Darn sewers don't give the proper light.

Specs =....erm.

Windows XP
2GB RAM
3.2 Ghz Pentium 4
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Video Card

Thank that's all the major stuff.

Edit: Oh wait, I have two CD Drives and a floppy as well (!), if that helps :p
I have the same graphics card, but your processor is faster than mine. (AMD XP 2800).

The maximum normal level is 50 - I've heard about as high as 39, and that was several months ago.
Not sure if you can exploit prison to lower your skills and go beyond level 50, like in Morrowind.

EDIT: Also, my own highest level is 16. Not much for leveling... I just spent all my time being all assassiny.

and best way to get easy cash is too higher your strength to high levels, drop any items that arent necessary to carry with you at some safe place, get a a strong light weapon, probably like a shortsword, some arrows and a bow...to get added strength enchant normal cothing or shoes, this allows you to run fast as well

then go wandering around in caves and such, from your enemy's defeated body take all armor, weapons,(its usually not a good idea to take 93lbs warhammers) and then go to a merchant that you know will but weapons and armor and sell them...

you higher your level by a lot, find tons of new locations, get tons of money, and who knows,.... pick up enchanted rings and such

doing this was a huge help to me but it is very time consuming

@anyone

does your items you place in drawers and such ever disappear after a while...for some reason i put like 55 ninroots in a chest or drawer and it disappeared:cry: :)

Top Bottom