The Empire State Building

The Empire State Building

"The Empire State Building is a 102-story landmark Art Deco skyscraper in New York City at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and West 34th Street. Its name is derived from the nickname for New York, The Empire State. It stood as the world's tallest building for more than 40 years, from its completion in 1931 until construction of the World Trade Center's North Tower was completed in 1972. Following the terrorist bombing and destruction of the World Trade Center in 2001, the Empire State Building again became the tallest building in New York City."

I always thought this "little" architectural marvel of New York was worthy of a civ wonder, so when I couldn't find it in the database, I decided to make it myself. It represents my first attempt at a building and as such there are still a few minor rough spots. In particular I was not completely satisfied with the top portion and may end up redoing it, but overall I still think it looks fine in the game.

Around 300 polys in total I believe, with a suggested fScale of 1.0. There is a pedia button in the download courtesy of fk2006's button pack. King Kong not included. ;)

The ESB would probably work best as some type of commercial or engineering wonder to reflect New York City's prominent skyline. I could also see it giving a big boost to culture due to its iconic status.

Download

Attachments

• esb1.jpg
    esb1.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 505
Thanks for the link, Arian. It always makes wonders feel more official when you have a movie to go with them.

I guess that's one of the few times the movie came before the actual wonder, though. :D

Well I'm using it. I've got a brand new mod that's added six new wonders: Pantheon, Voyage of Columbus, Trans Siberian Railroad, World Trade Center, HERC factory and Bamyan Buddha Statues. I was debating adding two more wonders, I'll do this one and have it create two random great people and a one time boost to culture in the city. Then I'll add in the Crusades wonder from my earlier mod and have 8 solid additions.

Top Bottom