The Fortress: Hidden Fun Stuff — An Arrow/Terrance Production

We have 47 to work with, not 50.
How about this?
Farmers: 10
Miners: 10 -> Someone leading
Builders: 9 -> Janga leading
Crafters: 6
Warriors: 12 -> Someone leading

I agree. And after surviving the attack of that damn bear, I candidate to lead the warriors of our colony. And I advise that we slay the offspring of the beast. The last thing we need is two more damn bears nearby.

What if we trained them to be watchbears?

Training them to be warbears would be difficult, but maybe possible. We would need to have much meat in hand to feed the bears.

Also, some things we should do this season.
- Build or excavate homes to live in.
- Start excavating a mine.
- Cut down trees.
- Get food. Lots of food.

I think our distribution should be based on our list of things to do, which I see as:

Build and defend camp.
Mine for unobtainium.
Procure food.

Crafters will be largely unnecessary to begin with, unless Unobtainium needs to be worked before shipping it off. The first order of business viz. the camp will be to build a protective wall, then a roof large enough to sleep under. Miners will take Warriors along to defend. Food can be obtained either through agriculture or hunting, although I prefer the former.

Why don't we have the mine in the camp? The mountain will serve as another wall.

I think our distribution should be based on our list of things to do, which I see as:

Build and defend camp.
Mine for unobtainium.
Procure food.

Crafters will be largely unnecessary to begin with, unless Unobtainium needs to be worked before shipping it off. The first order of business viz. the camp will be to build a protective wall, then a roof large enough to sleep under. Miners will take Warriors along to defend. Food can be obtained either through agriculture or hunting, although I prefer the former.

A protective wall will need blocks, which are made by crafters. And using the mine as a temporary refuge while we make houses and a wall would be useful.

I recommend agriculture for food, the animals we would be hunting are very dangerous. Also, about the bears we should eat them. About mining, I think it should wait for a season while we set up houses and defenses at the camp. That way, all of the people will be there to defend the unprotected camp.

Also, my miner's name is now Aric Jensen. Since I seem to be the only person playing a miner (correct me if I'm wrong, might've missed someone) I can lead them.

I do not think we can eat these bears. And train them would be risky. I suggest that we avoid hunting on these lands, we would be sending our men to death. And I think we should give priority to create an infrastructure for our colony before we start mining. I and my warriors can build a security perimeter, with sharpened wooden stakes, as you build shelters. This way you will be able to work in peace, until something more permanent like a wall is erected. Furthermore, to compensate for the lack of hunting, we could focus on fishing and agriculture. If possible, the houses could be made of stone. Or you can build a large stone building that can provide shelter to all.

And where are we going to get stone if we aren't mining?

Sorry, I meant to say before we start mining Unobtainium. Obviously our miners must dig to get the stones, and while digging stones they open the tunnels, that can serve as warehouses, or even shelter for new immigrants.

I was thinking on the same lines. We could also dig a cistern inside the mountain in case it gets too dangerous to go to the lake for any period of time.

I would also like to nominate myself as candidate to lead the troops, or at least help lead them. You guys can make up your mind on that, but I do have the blood of a former explorer in me, if that means anything.

Why can't we eat the bears? They're made of meat, right?

I'm not so sure if eating these bear cubs would be safe, since a shot fired in the creature's chest did not kill it. But you are free to try.

About who will command the warriors, I think that should be chosen by vote. Or, if applicable, the command can be broken, but with so few warriors I do not think that's necessary.

Top Bottom