1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The future of Fall from Heaven

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Neikius

Neikius Chieftain

So much spam in this thread :)

FFH was nice, but not great since all the civ4 engine limitations... some of the things really bothered me, especially too much micro which was even worse than in civ games (mages, items etc, all done by unit).

I really loved mom, maybe it would be nice to have a similar game with multiplayer and in modern engine similar to civ4 in features (reconect etc.). Anyway ffh has a potential to be a few times better than mom anyway, even as a mod there was a lot more content there. It just has to be put together and made to work :)

Damn, are you looking for programers? :mischief:

edit: And damn, I don't like the "more rpg approach" elemental: war of magic is apparently gonna take... strategy with rpg elements is just way better. Its annoying to have yourself killed... I gave up age of wonders after 30 minutes.

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

you lose, AOW kicks ass, give it one more try.

3. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

I certainly like the approach that elemental is going (w/ more RPG elements)

4. scaramouche

scaramouche Chieftain

AoW DOES kick ass and, as I recall, someone made a really stunning Lord of the Rings mod for it. I mean, this thing was really excellent. My friends and I killed many, many hours doing co-op hotseat with that mod.

5. Soda7777777

Soda7777777 Warlord

It's like on Scrubs when Dr.Cox does the whole man card thing with JD. He doesn't tell him the penalties for losing his man cards, he just takes them when he does something to lose them. The real question is, how many nerd cards does each person have?

6. Tschuggi

Tschuggi SNAFU

Kaels' Quote:
    Originally Posted by Broken Hawk
    where did you find that strange pic?

You lose 1 nerd credit for not recognizing that picture.

I love you!!!:lol::lol::lol:!!! I give you my holy grenade of Antioch...

Greez,

Tschuggi

7. Andostre

Andostre Chieftain

Hey, guys. 32 pages is a lot to read through, so I'm hoping someone wouldn't mind answering the following question:

Has Kael (or anyone else involved) given more information other than what's in the very first post on this thread concerning the stand alone FFH game?

8. Kael

Kael Deity

No more information has been revealed. If it is I'll update the first post (I don't expect people to read through the entire thread).

9. Andostre

Andostre Chieftain

Excellent. Thanks for the response. I will definitely be anticipating more information!

10. Pickly

Pickly Prince

This is a complete lie: We have also heard that Kael cannot tell us more. :)

11. Soda7777777

Soda7777777 Warlord

In Latin, coded in Morse Code.

12. Lightzy

Lightzy Warlord

Agreed about pre-purchase.

I'd buy it too. way ahead of time. The ammount of hours i've spent on FFH1/2 is ridiculatory!

Any podcasts and such? demos? betas?
    do share

13. Tielby

Tielby Prince

Thanks. I've been wondering if I'd missed something by only checking the first post all this time. Still patiently waiting! :)

14. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

Yep, that info should be added to the original post. I keep wondering whether I should check through the thread.

15. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Considering I spent the better of three whole days playing a single game of FFH2 mod, if you manage to make a game just as good and not load it with sh*tty DRM (like Civ5), you can count on getting my money.
    I hope you'll be able to reawaken the flame of the good ol' MoM that has spent so many years alone :'(

16. Link

Link Scarves

After seeing a lot more about the direction there taking with Civ 5, I very likely will prefer FFH3.

17. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Again: Why is everyone so sure FfH3 will be anything like FfH2? I wouldn't be surprised if the only similarity is the setting; Genre, style of game, everything else can be different.

I really do not believe that it will a standalone version of FfH2; What's the point of that? Why stick to the same thing over and over? Why compete with Civ5, when you could instead develop something different and unique?

18. Link

Link Scarves

Bc all its fans loved FFH2 and I for one would be very dissapointed if its a big departure from that.

19. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I personally would be disappointed if it is FfH as a standalone game. :p

There is potential in Erebus for a game of virtually any genre; I think that potential should be explored.

20. Link

Link Scarves

Lets start with a nice turn based strategy. RTS wouldn't be too bad. Maybe a FFH themed game similar to the paradox stuff.