The future of Fall from Heaven

Typically, the only PCs RifE crashes on reliably are those that simply do not have the hardware to handle it.

This is also why most crashes come around turn 400, rather than randomly throughout the game; That's about the point where you have a large number of cities and units on the map.

Well i just got a new computer custom built with some of the best hardware, and rife crashes on me like crazy.

rife works perfect for me and is still being actively worked on. i like orbis but it feels a little incomplete, would be nice to see work resume on it

The creator of Orbis recently said he may or may not create a final patch for the mod. He has moved on to CiV.

Civilization 5 as it was released was unbalanced. I tweaked costs to my liking and was quite satisfied with results. Although CiV initial ruleset was promoting a timid, silly and reluctant playstyle i modded it out easily and went on total conquest. Few bugs i had were inconsiderable. I felt offended by those .... acting as rulers though, especially that fat homosexual excuse for Gandhi Moderator Action: Trolling is not allowed here , but that is usual when forcing commoners to play such roles. It was of no consequence for gameplay. Thus, CiV as a mod platform was complete. Elemental... Foundation of something gracious upon which some fools had dumped piles of junk. I guess its conceiver was beaten by those fools into submission.

My first assumption is that Elemental is in Competition with Civilization. Stardock competes with Firaxis.
Have we seen Kael's last Firaxis mod... his last post on Civ Fanatics?
I wonder what are the proprietary limits for his interaction here?

Stardock and Firaxis both compete with and complement each other. In the end I think that they are good fro each other. The PC strategy market isn't that big and we need companies making games that draw players into it. The more good PC strategy games, the more players the more likely they will buy other PC strategy games.

We may compete for the person who is only going to buy 1 PC strategy game int he next 3 years. But overall we both hope to sell to them.

I doubt you will see any Civ5 work from me, but that's just because I'm so busy with Elemental. Not because I don't want Civ5 to do well.

Congratulations on 1.1beta, looks like a good release and clearly you and your team are busy.
I can see how you thought I was suggesting you personally might be pitted against Civ, but that was not in doubt. Thanks for the refreshing perspective.

Congratulations on 1.1beta, looks like a good release and clearly you and your team are busy.
I can see how you thought I was suggesting you personally might be pitted against Civ, but that was not in doubt. Thanks for the refreshing perspective.

No stress, I'm a big fan of Firaxis. Without exception everyone I have dealt with is talented and helpful.

Well, I must say I'm impressed with 1.1

It still has a long ways to go ... but its 10x better than the initial release (all the way up to 0.9) er, or 1.09 as the case may be :D

but yes, 1.1 was an overall improvement as far as how stats were handled for certain. I also liked how several buildings were repeatable .. and population usage and gold maintenance for buildings (as well as population taxes) are definitely a good thing :D

Well, I must say I'm impressed with 1.1

It still has a long ways to go ... but its 10x better than the initial release (all the way up to 0.9) er, or 1.09 as the case may be :D

but yes, 1.1 was an overall improvement as far as how stats were handled for certain. I also liked how several buildings were repeatable .. and population usage and gold maintenance for buildings (as well as population taxes) are definitely a good thing :D

Hi, are you speaking of MOM?

Hi, are you speaking of MOM?

He's talking about Elemental: War of Magic, which I'm working on as the lead producer.

moved to a different thread

He's talking about Elemental: War of Magic, which I'm working on as the lead producer.

He's trying to polish a turd. Good luck with that.

actually they pretty much gutted the core mechanics from 1.0 - 1.09 ...

so now they have decent macro mechanics ... now they just need to make it into a good game (by that I mean a game I would play as a hobby like FFH)

"The Future of Fall From Heaven".
To me, it is "Back to the Future" as I stopped playing (?) Civ5 and came back to Civ 4 and FFH2 !
Patch p is in the air for quite a while now.
I have bought Elemental, but quietly wait for the expansion for playing it. No rush: with Stardock I know things are always getting better and better as their games are not fast-food.

The future of FFH starts with the current FFH...

Any chance to see a final FFH2 version (without pending patch) ?

Just linked this post to my friends who have been huge fans of FFH2...

just wanted to say we are spreading the word and hoping for a great FFH game in the future... oh, and don't make it unplayable in multiplayer like Civ5 please...

We have faith in you Kael :D

Civ V is still unplayable in multiplayer?

well, it's going to be difficult to find someone, who wants to play CIV V MP :lol:

Top Bottom