The Gallic War

IMO attacking spite or malice first wont make much difference as they would be able to see which one we plan on attacking first and then move units towards each one, the only benefeit is does the hill still count as defence in spite?

move that pike on the cow to see if we can have a glimpse at whats in there?

Also do MIA have an embassy with KISS, could we ask them to spy them 2 cities and see whats in there?

even if MIA has an embassy with KISS, there's a chance they can't spy on those cities. i forget if MIA has scouted out that land, but if they haven't, the cities won't be visible to them, and they wouldn't be able to do diplomatic spying through an embassy.

The Greeks sailed along the coast so they'd be able to see Malice, wouldn't they? The Greeks also have a knight over here. Why don't we do an ROP so the knight can use our roads to get near Spite?

Rushed three trebs. Queued up barracks in our western cities. Left our stacks in place. Started chop north of Unabomb. Here's the tactical situation:

Note the walls around Spite. Our pikes will move into place in the forest next turn. We can put 4 workers in there with them. They can build a road next turn or work on a fort. TimBentley (one of our horsemen) did a little recon and found two vet pikes and a vet GS south of Spite and two workers SE of Spite. TimBentley moved onto the stack of Pikes after doing this recon. Also, that regular pike near the ivory moved out of reach of the little Gall stack.

Here's the F3 screen. Note the Galls have captured two workers - but we've only lost one (IIRC). One is named Doughnutia. Did we miss a Gall/Iroqi war? Did the Galls get a worker through trade? Can anyone shed light on this?

is everything assembled yet?

i think KISS might be trying to find out where all our immortals have gone.

BCLG100 said:
is everything assembled yet?

Not quite. Everything is built except for one immortal in Dancing Banana. All the trebs have been moving towards the rendezvous point. Next turn (130) our stack of pikes will move into the forest tile adjacent to Spite. Turn after that (131) the pikes will fortify and 7 trebs and (IIRC) 13 immortals will join the stack of pikes. Turn after that (132) the bombardment begins. If the bombardment goes well we start attacking.

I need to know three things:

1) How good does the bombardment have to be before I start sending immortals in?

2) We have four workers that can move in with the initial pike movement. These workers could build a road or (IIRC) a fort. Should I send in the workers or have them do something else?

3) Since turn 132 marks the real beginnig of our efforts to eject the Galls from our continent, Why don't we try and do an on-line game play session? I know I'd feel better if I had some of you advising me on this turn. Who knows, maybe a chat would pull in some of those who may just be lurking. I'll start a thread about the idea.

Well we could do a whole turn of bombarding but there is a chance they already have rushed a barracks in there, so wouldnt the units heal.

otherwise do as much damage as possible and then attack with the immortals

i also think we should keep a few immortals and pikes back, incase they empty spite and try and dodge back round into DB etc.

donsig said:
1) How good does the bombardment have to be before I start sending immortals in?

2) We have four workers that can move in with the initial pike movement. These workers could build a road or (IIRC) a fort. Should I send in the workers or have them do something else?

3) Since turn 132 marks the real beginnig of our efforts to eject the Galls from our continent, Why don't we try and do an on-line game play session? I know I'd feel better if I had some of you advising me on this turn. Who knows, maybe a chat would pull in some of those who may just be lurking. I'll start a thread about the idea.

1) get a hit on at least 2 enemy units. if we can't damage at least 2 enemies, i would suggest not attacking with our units that turn.

2) have them do something else, building a fort would take too long, since if all goes well, we should take the city within 5 turns.

3) posted reply in the thread. :)

I'm up for a online "play session." As for the bombardment, I guess it will depend entirely on what we see in the gall city.

I would prefer not to attack any 3hp pikes (this also would mean no 5hp gallic swords), although if they have too many this would be unachievable. 4hp immortals have a >50% chance of beating a 3hp pike or 5hp gallic sword.

BCLG100 said:
out of interest did the greeks get back to us about spying? could they?

latest message from them is in the Greek Comm. thread. turns out they can, but suggest we don't, since the intel would be outdated due to turn order.

Moved our pikes into place adjacent to Spite. We have 5 vets and 3 regs. TimBentley (a vet horseman) is also there (in command?). They have the forest for cover giving them +25% defense bonus. Our pikes are not yet fortified. The vets have a fifty-fifty chance against elite GSs and a 60% chance of beating vet GSs. Our regular pikes have a one third chance against elite GSs and a 45% chance against vet GSs. They can fortify next turn which will give them a 42% to 70% chance against the GSs.

TimBentley scouted the area south of Spite and found this stack:

Our offensive units are all together: 7 trebuchets and 13 immortals (1 elite, 7 vet and 5 regular). I rushed another trebuchet in Unabomb which will rendezvous with the others and the pikes next turn.

KISS battle log said:
1st Trebuchet shot misses.
2nd Trebuchet shot takes a hit point off TNT Veteran Pikeman #1, now 3/4.
3rd Trebuchet shot misses.
4th Trebuchet knocks hit point off unnamed TNT Pikeman, now 3/4.
5th Trebuchet knocks hit point off TNT Pikeman #11, now 3/4.
6th Trebuchet misses.
7th Trebuchet knocks a hit point off TNT Veteran Pikeman #2, now 3/4.
Veteran Gallic Swordsman attacks TNT Pikeman Lagmar. Veteran Gallic Swordsman dies, Lagmar now 1/4.
Veteran Gallic Swordsman attacks TNT Regular Pikeman. Veteran Gallic Swordsman dies, TNT Pike now 2/3.
Veteran Gallic Swordsman attacks TNT Regular Pikeman. Veteran Gallic Swordsman retreats, TNT Pike now 2/3.
Veteran Gallic Swordsman Bugsy's Blade attacks TNT Regular Pikeman. TNT Pike dies, Bugsy's Blade now 3/4.
Veteran Gallic Swordsman Mad Max attacks 3/4 Pike. TNT Veteran Pikeman #1 dies. Mad Max now 3/4.
Veteran Gallic Swordsman Boy Scout attacks TNT 3/4 Pike. Boy Scout FLAWLESSLY kills an unnamed TNT Veteran Pikeman.
Veteran Gallic Swordsman attacks TNT 3/4 Pike. TNT Pikeman #11 dies, Gallic Sword now 1/4.
Unnamed Medieval Infantry attacks TNT 3/4 Pike. TNT Pike dies, MDI loses 2 hp, promotes, now 3/5.
8th Trebuchet misses.
Elite Gallic Swordsman Invincible FLAWLESSLY kills 2/3 Pike... but fails his promotion boards.
Elite Gallic Swordsman Dirty Harry FLAWLESSLY kills 2/3 Pike... but also fails his promotion boards.
Elite Gallic Swordsman Josie Wales kills 4/4 TNT Horseman TimBentley. Gallic Swordman now 4/5. (Sorry Tim, nothing personal)
TNT Pikeman Lagmar is now 1/4. He will be permitted to live - this time.

thats not good...

so we have one pike left with 1 hp, exactly why were the 2 stacks not moved there at the same time???

BCLG100 said:
so we have one pike left with 1 hp, exactly why were the 2 stacks not moved there at the same time???

I moved the pikes in first so they'd be able to fortify. The plan was to move the immortals and trebuchets in next round. I clearly stated the plan many times and no one said it was a bad idea or suggested everything be moved in at once.

So, we need to work on a better plan. We'll have to switch all those barracks over to pikes and probably rush a few. At least our offenseive capabilities are intact.

Top Bottom