The Great War: The Kaiser's Road to Victory

CaterpillarKing

Conqueror of Cacoons
This will be an AAR about World War One. This will be slow, monotonous, and hopefully very historically accurate. Updates will not be too common but they will be great when they do come around. Hope you like it! I'm using the "In the Trenches" mod. It was just made and when I saw it I was so happy because I had the idea to do this story before I had the idea to do Brazil. Thank you, and wish Germany luck :D

1914​
Spoiler :

I wonder how can you manage so many stories on civ

which brings the important question at hand:

I wonder how can you manage so many games on civ

I just go crazy if I have more then 4 games still not finished (and not quit also)

Because that's jut how I play civ. I cannot play one game all the way through. I just cannot. I have no idea why but I just can't.

Because that's jut how I play civ. I cannot play one game all the way through. I just cannot. I have no idea why but I just can't.

Same here. It's why I do stories, it's kind of like a rehab for me so that I can learn how to have fun and finish a story :p

Well I hit a bump in the road before even starting my story. So the mod doesn't work. It loads up fine, then it shows a blank screen that says technological advisor, all it says is "Exit" and then I close it and the game works except there is no interface. You can click on units or cities but there are no buttons to press, no minimal, no city information bars, the screen only shows the bare cities and the units. Not even any diplomacy. Anyone able to help? The mod is stated in the first post.

Thank you :lol: the story will go on but using a different mod. I want to use the one I mentioned because it looks more impressive but my backup plan does work so if this doesn't, the story will go on.

Use the Road to War mod, that is already in BtS... no?

If no one knows how to fix it then does anyone know how to add BlueMarble to a mod?

I had the no interface problem way back in my first forays into C2C. I think deleting the contents of the Custom Assets folder used to fix it (umm keep a backup somewhere outside the game just in case...).

The individual mods/modmods (ie. In The Trenches, Blue Marble) sometimes have their own tech support/bug support threads. Otherwise there is a tech support subforum. I remember finding a few threads (somewhere:dunno:) dealing with the no interface problem.

Ok thanks. I'll look for that at home.

Did you change the title?

Yes I did, and I just did again.

June 28, 1914
It was a serene Sunday. Sarajevo was bustling as men and women moved around the city center, buying goods to take home. Sarajevo had been under Austro-Hungarian rule for about 40 years but officially for only 6. The people of the city were not happy about this but the brighter side was that with their new and industrialized rulers, they had commodities they never had before, such as tramways. All fancy gadgets aside though, not many were happy under the rule of Emperor Franz Joseph. His nephew and heir to the throne was to parade through the city streets today. Archduke Franz Ferdinand would be riding in an automobile with his wife, Duchess Sophie of Hohenburg. The day was clear and the air was good. The birds were chirping as the people began to line the streets. Cheering was not all that common but the silence was not possible as the trumpeters played loudly and proudly. The archduke and the duchess waved to the crowds of citizens. The day seemed great. Then, there was an explosion. Nedeljko Čabrinović, a member of the group "Young Bosnia" had been planning for a long time, crafting a perfect scheme to killed Ferdinand, unfortunately for the would-be saboteur his aim was substandard and he managed to blow up the car behind the archduke, injuring its occupants. Franz and Sophie continued on to the Governor's residence where, upon meeting the governor, Franz angrily shouted, "So this is how you welcome your guests — with bombs?!" The couple then stayed at the building for a while and decided to travel to the hospital to see how those injured by the bomb blast were doing. However, no one told the drivers that the itinerary had been changed. When the error was discovered, the drivers had to turn around. As the cars backed down the street and onto a side street, the line of cars stalled. Gavrilo Princip had been sitting at a table, fuming at the failed assassination attempt. Just then he noticed something peculiar. A line of cars had simply stalled in the streets. Upon closer inspection, Gavrilo noticed the archduke was in one of the cars. Princip pulled out his FN Model 1910 pistol and made his way to the royal member. In a flash of smoke and sound, a bullet resonated through the air and entered Sophie in the abdomen, then not forgetting his original target, the man shot Franz Ferdinand in the neck. Franz leaned over his wife crying. He was still alive when witnesses arrived to render aid. His dying words to Sophie were, 'Don't die darling, live for our children.' The archduke's aides attempted to undo his coat but realized they needed scissors to cut it open. It was too late; he died within minutes. Sophie also died en route to the hospital. The assassin was immediately arrested by Austro-Hungarian authorities and taken into custody. This would not be the end though.​

[epic voice]THE END OF THE KING, IS THE START OF THE WAR![/epic voice]

5-6 July
Alexander von Hoyos on a Vienna street. Austro-Hungarian envoy Count Hoyos, travels to Berlin to establish level of German support for Austrian action against Serbia. The Hoyos mission is a brilliant success and both Kaiser Wilhelm II and Chancellor Theobald von Bethmann Hollweg encourage Austrian action and Germany issues ‘blank cheque’, promising unconditional support to their ally. Tensions escalated as decisions were made to war against Serbia.
Spoiler :

7 July
Austro-Hungarian Ministerial Council convenes and decides on a deliberately unacceptable ultimatum to Serbia to initiate military action or Serbia’s humiliation. The ultimatum was postponed though, seeing as the French heads of government were currently in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Spoiler :

20-23 July
French government officials that traveled to Russia had gone in search of a treaty stating they would protect each other in case of a war, as this seemed likely. The czar accepted the deal and the Third French Republic and Russian Empire began its military pact.
Spoiler :

23 July
Austria issues ultimatum to Serbia, giving Serbia 48 hours to reply.
Spoiler :
  1. Suppress all publications which "incite hatred and contempt of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy" and are "directed against its territorial integrity".
  2. Dissolve the Serbian nationalist organisation "Narodna Odbrana" and all other such societies in Serbia.
  3. Eliminate, without delay, from schoolbooks and public documents all "propaganda against Austria-Hungary".
  4. Remove from the Serbian military and civil administration all officers and functionaries whose names the Austro-Hungarian Government will provide.
  5. Accept in Serbia "representatives of the Austro-Hungarian Government" for the "suppression of subversive movements".
  6. Bring to trial all accessories to the Archduke's assassination and allow "Austro-Hungarian delegates" to take part in the investigations.
  7. Arrest Major Vojislav Tankosić and civil servant Milan Ciganović who were named as participants in the assassination plot.
  8. Cease the cooperation of the Serbian authorities in the "traffic in arms and explosives across the frontier"; dismiss and punish the officials of Šabac and Loznica frontier service, "guilty of having assisted the perpetrators of the Sarajevo crime".
  9. Provide "explanations" to the Austro-Hungarian Government regarding "Serbian officials" who have expressed themselves in interviews "in terms of hostility to the Austro-Hungarian Government".
  10. Notify the Austro-Hungarian Government "without delay" of the execution of the measures comprised in the ultimatum.

25 July
Serbia replies to the ultimatum, surprisingly meeting almost all demands. The only demand they could not agree to was the sixth as allowing international authorities to handle investigations broke the Serbian constitution. Nonetheless, even though all but one demand was agreed to, Austria-Hungary broke off diplomatic relations with Serbia.
Spoiler :

26 July
Britain proposes mediation conference but the proposal is denied by Berlin and Vienna as their minds had been made up about the war and its likeliness. Partial mobilization of four Russian districts as Czar Nicholas II begins to prepare for a war with the Central Powers.
Spoiler :

28 July
Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia officially and begins to mobilize troops to invade the Balkan nation. Wilhelm II proposes ‘Halt in Belgrade’ which was the Kaiser proposing that Austria take Belgrade from the Serbs, but Franz Joseph ignored it.
Spoiler :

29-30 July
Chancellor Theobold von Bethmann Hollweg attempts to restrain Austria for the first time of the war.
Spoiler :

30 July
Tsar Nicholas II authorizes Russians to fully mobilize their troops and begin preparing for a full war. Soldiers kissed their wives goodbye as they headed for the battlefield.
Spoiler :

1 August
Germany declares war on Russia because of Germany's alliance with Austria. France and Germany begin general mobilization of their massive armies.
Spoiler :

2 August
German troops invade Luxembourg as part of the ‘Schlieffen Plan’. Germany issues ultimatum to Belgium as the next condition of the plan. British cabinet approves protection of French coast and of Belgian neutrality if Germany moves on with the militaristic plans.
Spoiler :

3 August
German troops invade Belgium in a surprising move to take out as many enemies as possible. Germany’s declaration of war on France was sent to Paris, officially cutting off diplomacy between Poincare and Wilhelm II. Italy announces to the international community that it has decided to remain neutral in the war, breaking the Triple Alliance of the Central Powers.
Spoiler :

4 August
Britain declares war on Germany for the invasion of Belgian territory. The Royal Navy begins to load up in preparation for naval battles in the North Sea.
Spoiler :

6 August
Austria-Hungary declares war on Russia because of the czar's alliance with the Serbian government making that the final declaration of the July Crisis. The peace had been broken, and the war to end all wars had begun.
Spoiler :

I can hear the war horns going on endlessly.

What are you talking about? :lol:

Top Bottom