• Its a good scenario

Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Sarevok, i do not know were do you take your information for but
in 1914 it was The Kingdom of Romania under King Ferdinant I and Quen Marie! Maybe in your language it was Rumania but, Romania was NEVER called Rumania!

Sarevok I know how MY country was called during the first world war. I checked it up even in Encarta, Romania was never called Rumania!

If you do not belive me go HERE

Well, In my eyes Coronel wasn´t a disaster ;) . Falkland and Doggerbank yes, but not Coronel. I think the German Navy had a chance to sink the British fleet- at Jutland. IF the German destroyer kept their torpedoes and Scheer didn´t attack in the daylight for a second time, he would have attacked in the night. There the British were much more vulnerable and a torpedo strike would have crippled many dreadnoughts. the rest of the British fleet could have sunk or driven away by German ships. With the loss of at least 5- 10 dreadnoughts the British would have lost completely the initiative. Such a disaster would have a much more defensive acting resulted than it was in reality. The Channel was in danger of German heavy ships and even an invasion had to be feared. This would cause less troops for the front. The draw would be a German superiority. And if the French troops had to retreat and Paris fell, even the UK would have made peace. The British fleet is the queen on the chess board. Without her Britain was lost. But this is only a what if question.

Adler

Churchill's line about Jellicoe being the "only man on either side who could lose the war in an afternoon" may be worth quoting here. While the Germans' chances to win a major naval battle were small, so was also the risks incured by losing one, at least compared to the almost certain defeat in store for the British in the opposite situation.

I've come up with one more idea... or rather this time it's a bit of knowledge :)
Regarding aircraft, the best german aircraft during WWI was never the Fokker triplane (DrI) sure it is immortalized by von Richthofen, but he actually only scored 16 of his official 80 (unofficial 83) kills in that machine.
The best german aircraft would rather be something like the Fokker DVII (a biplane). This plane though was developed quite late in the war.

To sum up when different sides had the advantage through WWI, in terms of superior planes:

In the beginning of the war (1914 to mid 1915) there wasn't really any serious fighting going on in the skies.
From mid 1915 to roughly late 1916 Germany had a huge advantage, they developed the Fokker monoplane and the syncronized machinegun (firing through the propellers), both which caused huge casualties on the allied airforces. These planes were initially flown by aces such as Immelmann and Boelcke.
During most of 1917 the allied (France and Britain) had superior aircraft and they had a big advantage.
In the late stages of the war, the two sides were more equal, in terms of aircraft quality.

This is how I remember things, they might be slightly off, but the general trend should be correct :)

Perhaps these changes could be implemented in the techtree ??
I think that a tech "syncronised machinegun" should be made available.... and that it could have some sort of prerequiste tech which only the germans have, to emulate their coming advantage :) With that tech, the germans should be able to build Fokker monoplanes (which should be superior to allied planes of that tech).... when biplanes are invented the allies should have superior planes... triplanes whould yield aircraft that have a bit shorter range (to emulate that they where much slower than biplanes) and a lower defense value (since they cannot outrun biplanes)... I suggest that a "advanced biplane" tech should be made available, where the germans finally catch up with the allies and get, for instance, the Fokker DVII :)

Hope this is useful :)

Kristian95,

Thank you for the idea.

I think its very good.
What do you say Sarevok?

Best Regards

Rocoteh

The battle of Jutland has been one of the most studied battles in naval history not only because of the size of it, but also it became the last major battle line engagement in many respects.

The Germans had several advantages at Jutland. They had fixed their magazine explosion issues after Dogger bank. The British had not quite yet figured out what happen or what the fault was, and they lost 3 battle cruisers at Jutland because of it. After Jutland, they made some corrections that helped the survivability of the remaining ships. The British shells also were not very good at Jutland and did not perform as they should and that was also remedied after words as well.

The Germans also had some tactical suprises in manuvering (the battle turns away on a fleet scale was thought to be impractical in the Royal Navy, but the Germans performed two of them at Jutland). The Germans were also much better trained at night fighting while the Royal Navy almost had none.

Despite the preponderance of British forces, the outcome was not a sure thing unless the German fleet elected to fight it on the Royal Navy's terms (IE, just slug it out).

Kristian pretty much nailed air developement for WW1. The DVII was Germany's finest fighter put into production for the war and was specificially mentioned in the surrender terms. A consideration is to continue on the tech tree beyond "advanced biplane" tech as I believe it was mentioned the game can continue beyond 1918. The Germans had several interesting designs (Junkers had flown some proto type mono planes with steel skin and it would have had an impact had it entered production) and so did the allies. Given how much aircraft technology increased between say 1916 and 1918, there would have been a good increase beyond that as well. (English Vickers Vimy, the first plane to fly the Atlantic, just missed WW1).

nice looking scenario, haven't played it yet, taking ages to download so loading it's gonna take me hours

"Make the right wing strong".

Schlieffens last words from his deathbed 1913.

Rocoteh

Sarevok,

Yes, and if the quote is true Schlieffen really
must have meant it.....

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Sarevok,

Yes, the plan called for 86 divisions on the right flank.

Not realistic.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Sarevok,

Yes, an average of 5 000 men were killed each
day during WWI.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Top Bottom