• Its a good scenario

Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Hi,
Some good some bad. AI still very bad at naval battles:).
I have played it as Zi Germans (still working) Emperor AI normal. It still have some bags on the tech tree.
The problems is follows:
All french entranshment was bracked on first turn. May be putting 2 units in the square will solve the stright forward. Those Belgians are attacked me on the second turn. C'mon hide and try to survive. On a second turn they build Babilon somewhere near by Sochy:) on a Black see. It means respawn should be offf.
Russians have attacked me with all they cassacks advanced after I have killed them, Russia continiusly build only infantry and dying on the border. France have lost all they naval againts 1 infantry. Stupid AI always hide his naval inside the closest port.
Then I have decide to switch to Repablec 8 turn of anarhy - France fall. It was nice aadditions I have a lot of free France infantry:) May be moving relic to somewhere in africa solve problem? Disappointed Railgun looks so cool but can not kill naval units:) Naval bombard can not kill units tooo. Or by the way I have lost all my subs as well as english alost without 1 single cube, but I never saw france's ones.
Engeneeres could not build mines:(
And AI have paying all money on spy missions.
Still working on first invention.
Please Please specify more info on a gavarment.
Thanks Vlad.

Siege guns, however, CAN sink ships. Playing as Germany, I took a shot at the HMS Agincourt and blew it right out of the water (it had 3hp left after taking a hit from a light artillery piece). Not sure if this is intentional or not. The AI still has alot of problems playing out the French forces; they send a couple armies on suicide attacks against the trenches, then move 90% of their offensive unit through Switzerland while my guys swept through Belgium and into Verdun and Nancy, with Rheims and then Paris in range. They actually have slight numerical advantage (spy) at the moment and the BEF's arrival will save them for a turn or two longer, but they wasted alot of effort moving through switzerland (without even asking for an ROP, which I could get for free). In the east, Memal almost fell even with a fortified machine gunner army when the Russians threw like 40 Cossacks at it on the first turn and my attempted attack got mobbed by russian infantry and destroyed, so I'm on the defensive. Russia has something like 350 infantryman at this point, but seems to be spreading them out in attacks against me, the Ottomans, and AH empire.

Navally, Breman got nuked again, but I moved every single artillery piece I had into the city and blasted the Royal Navy and the French, while the High Seas Fleet made transit though Keel. I took heavy damage and lost a dreadnought, but sank the British Dreadnought SOD and retreated for repairs. The French are still blasting away, only stopping to pull their dreads back for repairs. The Brits have another 4 dreads somewhere in the fog and all their Battlecruisers, but lost all their pre-dreads and the rest of their dreads in the Battle of Bremen. My subs all died, and my light cruisers went east with the Von der Tan and sank the Russian baltic fleet.

I haven't played for awhile, since I noticed that I have VP victory on, and I will likely win pretty soon. I haven't decided who to play as next, in a hopefully-full game. Maybe the Frenchies; they always seem to be getting plastered ;)

And the dude with the 2.6 ghz pc: Mine is half as fast, and I get 5 minutes at most between turns. Try turning some animation off, or get some more ram.

Originally posted by vlad1917
Hi,
Some good some bad. AI still very bad at naval battles:).
I have played it as Zi Germans (still working) Emperor AI normal. It still have some bags on the tech tree.
The problems is follows:
All french entranshment was bracked on first turn. May be putting 2 units in the square will solve the stright forward. Those Belgians are attacked me on the second turn. C'mon hide and try to survive. On a second turn they build Babilon somewhere near by Sochy:) on a Black see. It means respawn should be offf.
Russians have attacked me with all they cassacks advanced after I have killed them, Russia continiusly build only infantry and dying on the border. France have lost all they naval againts 1 infantry. Stupid AI always hide his naval inside the closest port.
Then I have decide to switch to Repablec 8 turn of anarhy - France fall. It was nice aadditions I have a lot of free France infantry:) May be moving relic to somewhere in africa solve problem? Disappointed Railgun looks so cool but can not kill naval units:) Naval bombard can not kill units tooo. Or by the way I have lost all my subs as well as english alost without 1 single cube, but I never saw france's ones.
Engeneeres could not build mines:(
And AI have paying all money on spy missions.
Still working on first invention.
Please Please specify more info on a gavarment.
Thanks Vlad.

Engineers are for combat pruporses only, thats why theyre called "combat engineers"

french border forts are not heavily increased in strength because of Plan XVII

Thanks for the comments.

Hey Sarevek just cheacked out your game wow its pretty cool! You were asking about plage personaly i rather die then have to deal with plage! You have to sever all of the roads/trade routes into the infected city to get rid of it I hate plage. I have a slight problem i can get your graphics in the folder but not the scenario...... it says can not read from disk. maybe i did somthing wrong but i dought it..... what im doing to get scenarios works for every other one. So if you know whats wrong plz help! Also idont know if you did this or if you can but can you make spy missions cheaper there was a lot of spying in world war 1 cheap spying every one knew where every ones army is... and are forts/ barricades quick to build??? it was easy to make a trench in ww1. Any way i know i could answer this stuff by downloading your scenario but i cant. BTW it sounds great cant wait till i can play

put the art and text stuff in a folder called 'TGW'. It should already be made in the "art and text" download. Then you put the scenario in the scenario folder as usuall. then load it up!

DeceasedHorse,

Thank you for a very interesting playtest-report.

Playtest-reports like yours have very great value
in the work to further develop the scenario.

Once again: Thank you.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

The Last Conformist,

Yes, I agree Canopus was really a typical
Pre-Dreadnought.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

vlad1917,

How large reduction of tech-cost do you suggest?

Best Regards

Rocoteh

I think too much complaining is going on about spelling and place names. Is it Rumania or Romania? Winston Churchill in "The World Crisis" calls it Roumania!!!

My point is that different languages and dialects of the same language spell words differently. If I may suggest -- since this forum is in English but the subject matter is European, go with the "English" English spelling and names as Churchill does.

On another subject -- Something must be done about freedom of passage agreements in the game. On turn 1 as Germany (Or is it Deutschland) I got passage agreements from Holland (or is it The Netherlands) and Switzerland (or is it Helvicia) and could attack a Belgium city from Holland and invade Italy thru Switzerland. This simply could have not been done!

On Italy -- they signed the Treaty of London in late April 1915 and broke their agreement publicly in May with the Central Powers and entered the war then. I am sure that you all knew this, but is there any way to delay the Italian entry until then; or should there be?

I really like the concept of this scenario though. IMHO The Great War (Americans call it The First World War) was THE most interesting because it was so evenly matched.:)

froglegs,

On the language issues. I leave that to others
to comment.

The Game-engine should be stronger om diplomacy.

On Italy, the game-engine lacks an event-trigger.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Originally posted by Rocoteh
vlad1917,

How large reduction of tech-cost do you suggest?

Best Regards

Rocoteh

That is a question. I can explain the situation with tech so we can guess.
I have started and played with Germans and French. Fine luck of roads hurt on initial stage and as soon as u build road u catch up with the research. The French democracy and commercials with 0/10/0 all in research invent first in 16-17 turns. On German side the number is around 30-45 depend on government and roads. And this with almost fully build country. Ok Then luck of money turn off all research to normal */4-8/*. Yes u can steal tech but AI still could not produce it. So the whole game length is 250 turns we getting for most advanced civ with democracy and 10 in research (war wear tuned off) and u try to sell it to make money to support research. 250/16= 15 techs or 250/40=6 for monarchy. Count how many u have.
So the first new unit (artillery) u will get on earliest 30-40 turn.

I guess the easiest way to count cost of started techs is to cover with the roads all cities turn everything in research and got values between 4-8 turns for Democracy and 6-12 for others governments. Then adjust reasonably others. So let say with all money in research all competing countries should path tech tree in ~70% of the game turns with democracy.

1) War weariness should be minimal for democracy but still should exist. Other wise it should be switched to the democracy. But I think about to play with extra commerce modifier for monarchy too...

2) The France wonder should be moved to the Africa. To much advantage for Germans after fall of Paris.

3) The engineers can not build fortresses on enemy side.:(
But French infantry do it well on French territory, is it bug?

vlad1917,

Your suggested reduction in cost for research
sounds OK, to me.

I do not agree on War Weariness for any type
of governement, since I mentioned before,
with experience working with the ACW-scenario,
WW will not work on scenario-level.

Even in the general CIV I am critiqual against
the idea since it suggest that democracy should
be "soft" when it comes to war.

Moving the wonder from Paris?
The question is: Can AI handle it?

The question on engineers I leave to Sarevok
to answer.

Thank you for your comments. I hope you will
post again in the future.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Originally posted by vlad1917

I guess the easiest way to count cost of started techs is to cover with the roads all cities turn everything in research and got values between 4-8 turns for Democracy and 6-12 for others governments. Then adjust reasonably others. So let say with all money in research all competing countries should path tech tree in ~70% of the game turns with democracy.

1) War weariness should be minimal for democracy but still should exist. Other wise it should be switched to the democracy. But I think about to play with extra commerce modifier for monarchy too...

Hey guys just btw if you get rid of war weariness then demogracy would be the best government to pick the germans never considered democracy so it would be unrealistic. I dont care about the reichstag..... and if you add commerence bonus to monarcy then monarcy would be the BEST government and france would switch.. You could lock governments but i recomend you get rid of war weariness and give monarcy no maitence cost but thats just my 2 cents..

Top Bottom